Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite kind of weapon?

The fact there are no Earth-element spells available to the cast makes me appreciate the Cypress Pole and the Stone Arrows in battle. But even those rate low on my scale compared to the other available options.

I've never been much of a fan of the zodiac spear. As powerful as it is, the game is made pretty trivial as a result of wielding it...at least as far as the main storyline bosses are concerned. In regards to my favourite kind of weapon, though, I'd have to go with the rather cliché answer of...swords. Most notably if they're the 'knightly' kind - such weapons appeal to me quite a lot!

Mythril Blade, Iron Sword, Bastard Sword, Deathbringer, Diamond Sword... pretty, pretty, pretty.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Swords do have a lot of cool designs, but alas poles which always be my favorite... forever and ever and ever
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries

Katanas.

The first time I played I gave Vaan a katana once he got that far on the license board. It was pretty humorous to see a brat like him swing a huge Japanese sword around.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

All of the Katana look alike. All of the Ninja Swords look alike. Saddened. The only "noticeable" differences are on the hilts which are covered up by the user's hand anyway.

Design wise I've always liked:

Flametongue
    Durandal
    Morningstar
    Doom Mace
    Euclid's Sextant
    Tournesol
    Masamune
    Orochi
    Dragon Whisker
    Gungnir
    Rod of Faith
    Wizard's Staff
    Perseus Bow
    Artemis Bow
    Aldebaran

In answer to the OP's question, I really like using axes and maces, and I love equiping Penelo with a big arse measure on account of how cute she looks.

One-handed swords all the way. They are powerful, quick and you can equip a shield to raise your defense. What's not to love?