Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Now I think I'd also warn everybody of every bad thing ever. Or maybe I'd go back and be a super villian, with my mechanics knowledge, I coulda conquered texas by 2nd grade.
    There's now 4 people I'd send back.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    Now I think I'd also warn everybody of every bad thing ever. Or maybe I'd go back and be a super villian, with my mechanics knowledge, I coulda conquered texas by 2nd grade.
    There's now 4 people I'd send back.
    btw guys: he's already sent you back. Time continued with no fluctuation, butterfly effect is proved false, and you did the exact same things you did in the past, thus having the same memories.

Blog Entries

EDIT

lol misread the topic.

I think I'd go back to my childhood. I wouldn't change anything. I'd just want to live it once again. It was the happiest period of my life.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Peegee View Post
    btw guys: he's already sent you back.
    Curses, foiled again.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't want to go to my past because I've already lived it. I want to go to the past of someone else to see what they did -- preferably not the dark ages.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The point is to change it. If you change someone else's past, they're the beneficiary.

This thread is about breaking the #1 rule of time travel in most fiction: Thou shalt not use time travel for personal gain. Well in this thread, you can only use it for personal gain, or the personal gain of those close to you. Not physically close, like the freaky lunatic the next apartment over, but friends, family, smurfbuddies, and the entire population of Pitcairn's Island.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

TEH TIEM PARADUCKS:
    eef it iz possumble to go bak in tiem, tehn eny efeks of tiem traval to teh pahst is r alreddy bn in okkurense, so ther4, u canot keel yurself in teh past, bcuz then u woodnt be aliv to go bak and keel yurself. Also, if travln bak in tiem is possumble, then eet has alreddy occured in teh footur an so teh pahst mey hav bean chenged, but becuz eet haz, we donut no it deed, so we is r feelin teh effeks of tiem travl alreddy, and eef we were to go bak, no mattar wat we duz, eet was alreddy doomed to happenz, so nuthing chenges in teh present.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

Yeah never post like that again

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Yeah never post like that again
    I was thinking the same thing

Blog Entries

Grin

The point is to change it. If you change someone else's past, they're the beneficiary.

This thread is about breaking the #1 rule of time travel in most fiction: Thou shalt not use time travel for personal gain. Well in this thread, you can only use it for personal gain, or the personal gain of those close to you. Not physically close, like the freaky lunatic the next apartment over, but friends, family, smurfbuddies, and the entire population of Pitcairn's Island.
    What if I go back in time and commit suicide? HUH?

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's been many a night where I've contemplated this scenario. Going back with the knowledge I have now would save me a lot of strife and regret, but it also would make me a different person than I am now and I quite like me. So no, I wouldn't go back.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

THE TIME PARADOX:
    .if it is possible to go back in time, then any effects of time travel to the past is are already being in occurrence, so therefore, u cannot kill yourself in the past, because then u wouldn't be alive to go back and kill yourself. Also, if traveling back in time is possible, then it has already occurred in the future an so the past may have been changed, but because it has, we don’t know it did, so we is are feeling the effects of time travel already, and if we were to go back, no matter what we do, it was already doomed to happen, so nothing changes in the present.
    better?
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The word "you" is still 3 letters long.

Then you die. How do you benefit from that?

Quote Originally Posted by Unbreakable Will View Post
    There's been many a night where I've contemplated this scenario. Going back with the knowledge I have now would save me a lot of strife and regret, but it also would make me a different person than I am now and I quite like me. So no, I wouldn't go back.
    So, in essence, if you go back in time, "you" die and someone who looks just like you takes your place, n'est-ce pas? That's not really the point of this exercise, though. The point is to prove me wrong and come up with a way that you can use time travel for your own benefit without the necessity of living in a world where the Uncertainty Principle (nor any other law of physics, such as the Second Law of Thermodynamics) does not exist.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    I don't want to go to my past because I've already lived it. I want to go to the past of someone else to see what they did -- preferably not the dark ages.
    like who, spirit?
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Blog Entries

Grin

The word "you" is still 3 letters long.

Then you die. How do you benefit from that?

Quote Originally Posted by Unbreakable Will View Post
    So, in essence, if you go back in time, "you" die and someone who looks just like you takes your place, n'est-ce pas? That's not really the point of this exercise, though. The point is to prove me wrong and come up with a way that you can use time travel for your own benefit without the necessity of living in a world where the Uncertainty Principle (nor any other law of physics, such as the Second Law of Thermodynamics) does not exist.
    I travel back in time and not do anything out of the ordinary. I make an anonymous call in the late 1980s that the person who committed the scarborough rapes (paul bernardo) works in the same building as my mother.

They question him, find nothing wrong (because they did that anyway in this timeline) and I do nothing to change history.

smurf