Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default -MYTH- Xenogears Orchestral Album

Has anybody given this a listen yet? I got it recently. And I must say I'm impressed. This album may lack the spirit of CREID, but it does not have the annoying vocals of that album and the arrangements are superb. Even the Nisan theme is nice here, and that's saying a lot, coming from my lips, 'cause the original is one of the very few musical pieces that I hate with a passion. I particularly liked the arrangements of the opening theme, as well as that of my personal favorite - Prison of Sleep and Regret. And yet, with all these outstanding arrangements comes only one, but very dire disappointment - The Beginning and the End. Unfortunately, I feel they have completely ruined this beautiful piece of music. I don't know if it's because of the instruments or lack of male vocals, which were sort of a driving force of the original version. What is missing is the ethnic feel, the power and divine grandeur the original track conveyed. Though as a standalone track I guess the arrangement is still nice.

So those of you who have listened - what are your thoughts? I'm especially eager to hear your impressions, Wolf Kanno

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Thank you for posting about the soundtrack. I will probably listen to it sometime this week and let you know my thoughts. I thought the Xenogears Original Soundtrack was extremely well done and it definitely had a lot of depth to carry it through the whole length of the game.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Smurf... another album I have to go pick up, maybe I'll check iTunes for it. I haven't listened to it yet but I'll stroll over to Youtube and listen to it.

Finally listened to the album on Youtube, the quality was lacking in the videos but I got the jist of it. I'm a little sad that my fave track in the game, Bonds of Sea and Fire, was not so good, but HOLY if Light from The Netherworld and The Treasure Which Cannot Be Stolen are not absolutely gorgeous.

I'm in agreement with you Fynn on First and Last being very lacking without the male vocals, its just a bit irritating now. The paino version of Distant Promise is also gorgeous but I must say that The Treasure Which Cannot Be Stolen is easily my favorite track on the album.
    Last edited by Wolf Kanno; 04-11-2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: W~POST!!!!