Thread: Final Fantasy II Reimagined

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chocobo Final Fantasy II Reimagined

Similar to the thread in FFI, what if SE decided to finally stop simply porting the game with better 2D graphics and decided to do a full remake of the game with a more fleshed out story and cast. Maybe alter the combat system as well to make it more user friendly but overall, they decided to try to remake the game up to par with more modern entries.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I think this game could benefit the most from an overhaul. Personally, I like what they already have, but a lot of people don't. It could be an opportunity to really cement it as a quality game in the hearts and minds of those who didn't appreciate it the first time around.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I love the game how it is.. But yeah, some people need awesome 3D graphics, music and brand new flashy designs appreciate a game..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Similar to the thread in FFI, what if SE decided to finally stop simply porting the game with better 2D graphics and decided to do a full remake of the game with a more fleshed out story and cast. Maybe alter the combat system as well to make it more user friendly but overall, they decided to try to remake the game up to par with more modern entries.
    It doesn't need a huge graphical overhaul or anything (although I wouldn't mind a higher rez sprite boost, I don't feel it is needed). What it needs is to completely throw away that awful battle system and replace it with one completely different.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If this game had a more solid, fleshed out story (which would hopefully mean the cast as well) then this game would be much better. To flesh it out, they could add further script and even further missions. The latter would also allow you to further level along the way, which would make the game seem like less of a grind.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

As long as they do away with that god-awful battle system, it would definitely be worth playing to me.
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV