Thread: Zemus

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Boco Zemus

Of all the 11th hour villains to appear in FF, Zemus, to me at least, may have been the most well thought out since he had a clear goal and his back story was enough to justify him. Granted the whole "Zeromus" thing was a bit awkward but we can't have the final battle just be against a pissed off alien wizard.

Do you sometimes wish they had done more with Zemus, really brought him out more as a character and maybe explored the Lunarians a bi more?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

It would have been nice to learn a lot more about the lunarians in general. Maybe expand the lunar palace with a library wing like the ones that apear in FF5. Then players who are interested could learn a lot more, without it bogging down the narrative.

The fundamental problem is by exploring the lunarians more you are pulling them away from the sleeping mysterious race. Because the whole point was that at the end of the day earth was left to it's own devices. Having more lunarians wake up, or a bunch more cultural cross contamination kind of ruins the ending.

I really don't see why so many people have a problem witH Zemus. There are characters being mind controlled all over the place in FFIV. Golbez was just one of them and Zemus was the real evil.

It was really annoying how Golbez and FuSoYa owned him right as we confront him however.

So yeah I definitely would've liked if they at least give us some real dialogue with him.