Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queen Brahne

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I wondered how was Kuja able to even see her. Imagine just some random cross dressing man walks up to the castle and asks to see queen. I know had to be laughed at.
    Given that the ease with which arms dealers currently get access to governments IRL, it's not inconceivable to think that he just wrote a letter or contacted her defence minister or whatever.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Which would be Beatrix. Who I'd doubt let a scantly clad man to see her queen!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Maybe the fact that he was scantily clad is actually why he got access to the Queen!
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I find it hard to believe that someone who looks like Brahne could even find a husband.

No wonder she went insane when her husband died, it was because she knew no one else would ever find her attractive.

In this world magic plays a big part of running things. Its likely someone as powerful and power mad as Kuja used magic heavily to coerce Queen Brahne by some sort of mind control.

Kuja in the early days managed to kick Zidane out of his original world onto the world of Gaia on hearing Zidane was a step up above him in being a genome with a better soul. So back then he already had a lot of power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    I find it hard to believe that someone who looks like Brahne could even find a husband.

No wonder she went insane when her husband died, it was because she knew no one else would ever find her attractive.
    Exactly. Even Kuja referred to her as the elephant lady. Not very flattering. I imagine she overheard similar comments. Or another sinister possibility is Kuja spread her unflattering nickname behind her back, and when he played nice in front of her, show her what everyone 'actually' thought of her, and used it to make her learn to hate and wage war.

Think of it like Queen Brahne as Chris Farley.

"OOOOOOOOH MYYYYYY GOOOOOOD, I'M THE FREAKIN' QUEEN OF FREAKIN' ALEXANDRIA, I WANNA STEAL EIDOLONS AND KILL RATS WITH THEM."

Kuja as David Spade looks up from a newspaper.

"Why don't you do that?"

"...OKAY!"

I've never really given the matter much thought, but I'd assume the demise of her husband combined with the pressure put upon her as a result of her royal duties both played a large part in making her vulnerable to Kuja's manipulation. Furthermore, he offered her a route to power - something that is pretty hard to resist in itself.

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

Below is a link that shows the Queen Brahne's final words spoken to Garnet. She states that the all consuming greed she had felt was gone. I always thought that she was inflamed with greed because Kuja put a spell on her. This, of course, is only my opinion but it does explain why someone would change so drastically. :hello:

YouTube - ‪Final Fantasy IX Part 125 - Bahamut's Fury; The Death of Brahne‬‏

I think theres a part where they mentioned that her hunger for power corrupted her, but then again i havnt played the game in ages so i could be mistaken

I hated her tho

This is certainly something that isn't focused on in the game. I think a lot of what has been said already is very plausible. As it stands, we have no real evidence that Queen Brahne was all that kind before the King's death anyway, it is possible that that was to some extent a facade.

Human history has shown many a time that absolute power corrupts absolutely - or at least very often. People in such positions often only see their own lives and ambitions as having any meaning and therefore commit horrible crimes as a result.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky