Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VII... over 7 years later

Default VII... over 7 years later

It's been years since I've played. I don't remember seeing this.

Here's a picture of a sign with AVALANCHE grafitti that I found. I never saw this in all my previous plays. Not thorough enough.

I also learned something in Cosmo Canyon. When you're invited into the Planetarium, if you run quickly into the room with Bugenhagen, you can skip his dialogue, "In here, the door's unlocked." But when you come back out after the visit, the dialogue will pop up again.

During the planetarium sequence, Yuffie is the only one who tries to touch a planet. Anyone know what Cait Sith is supposed to say?

Anybody else ever wonder who the eight people were who passed through Nibelheim. It's in the 2nd Confidentiality Report in Tifa's Room. Who are these eight people that they would be interested in passing through this area. No, they're not the clones. The clones are mentioned in the 1st Clone Activity Report also in Tifa' Room. There are also 9 clones in town. Four of them are unnumbered and two of those are kids.

Also... I remembered "This guy are sick," but I forgot "I'll be stand there." "I'll give you back you materia."

You know what? It didn't occur to me before (because I never really gave him much thought), but Gilgamesh does cameo in VII if only by contributing a form of his likeness. When Godo utilizes Omni Change to fight Yuffie he becomes larger and has four arms and three heads and uses (I believe) two swords.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I did notice that graffiti once! I was quite chuffed with myself

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Did you know you could open the Menu screen during Sephiroth's Illusion? Is that supposed to happen or was it another glitch. I don't think you're supposed to be able to do that during cutscenes. And yes, there's still dialogue on the screen and you don't even have a character to move around.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Did you notice in Cloud's materia poisoned state he mutters something about Xenogears?

A..we...sum...e...?

Sephiroth resurrected me! During the Nibelheim flashback battle against the Dragon, Sephiroth cast Life2 after Cloud was killed by the Dragon's Flamethrower. I've never seen him do this before! It was so considerate. A complete waste of time as I knew the Dragon was just going to attack me again and whimpy-ass level 1 Cloud can't take a hit. But it just seemed nice. I know Sephiroth's AI is heavily randomized... but for the 700-800 plays-through I've completed, I have never once seen this side of him. It was almost as if Sephiroth cared. Funny enough, I had been contemplating why Sephiroth has Mastered Life materia in his possession. If he gets hurt, he can't use Life2 to heal himself. Up to this point, I'd never seen him use it. He's used the Ice, Lightning, and Earth materias (he never uses Fire because it isn't attached to an All), other than that, he just Attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Menu screen during Sephiroth's Illusion? Is that supposed to happen or was it another glitch.
    I mentioned in the Gen FF threads about a glitch where I was able to save anywhere inside of Gaea's Cliff without harming my ability to play or load data.

Blog Entries

I've seen Sephiroth use Life2 on cloud before too many of times and cloud gets 1 hit KO'ed. While I seen this as a point that Sephiroth was clearly the top character in SOLDIER I now look at it in a different way.

When you hear Cloud talk about Sephiroth he says that he was a hero. Even in crisis core he is known to be one for a limited run. That explains the Revive materia in my over-thinking mind. Plainly its just an awesome materia and makes up for having a level 1 cloud that dies. Imagine how much more painful it would be just to carry on with a dead Cloud and Sephiroth. Kalm flashback is tedious enough as it is.

The fact that Cloud could have possibly imagined the whole scenario makes perfect since. However he did mention that he was no match for Sephiroths skills. This is a good hint that Cloud still knew his skills and abilities even though he was placing himself as Zack. Who according to some, was more on the same level as Sephy. Cloud clearly kept part of his story true in how weak he was even playing the role of Zack.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I had one battle where Sephiroth revived me twice before the dragon decided to attack the dangerous target. I got an attack off too, for like, 140 damage or some .

I have finished the battle dead despite being Life2'd before as well. It's always funny to see Sephiroth celebrating despite a dead companion.

If this was one of those new-aged RPGs where healing spells can be cast after all enemies have been defeated, perhaps Sephiroth would revive Cloud more often.

Man, that fool left me dead a couple of times. Only once or twice have I seen him revive me.

I'm a little more intrigued by these 8 people who passed through Nibelheim that they didn't elaborate on. My first thought was "XIII Organization?".....wrong game though.

I guess he carries life materia because he's used to everyone around him being weak and getting KOed. He just doesn't wanna be stuck carrying around KOed party members. Or maybe he likes to troll undead enemies.
    "I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron..."

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Or maybe he likes to troll cloud by getting him killed over and over again for the lols.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    You know what? It didn't occur to me before (because I never really gave him much thought), but Gilgamesh does cameo in VII if only by contributing a form of his likeness. When Godo utilizes Omni Change to fight Yuffie he becomes larger and has four arms and three heads and uses (I believe) two swords.
    I thought that this was a reference to Asura from Final Fantasy IV. As you can see, it shares similarities to what you were pointing out:

I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    Did you notice in Cloud's materia poisoned state he mutters something about Xenogears?
    wahhh? Whos/whats Xenogears? Am I missing something here lol

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

It's a reference to another game Square was developing at the time FFVII was released: Xenogears is a RPG where the main characters often battle in giant mecha called Gears. Like in Sakura Wars, the Gears wield a larger version of whatever weapon that character prefers to use in hand to hand combat. A very dense and complex plot that is very heavy on religious allegory and symbolism. It's a cool game and also the spiritual predacessor of the Xenosaga series.

Here's Cloud's exact quote:

"Uh...aaaa....? A billion mirror fragments.... small.... light... taken.... angel's... singing voices... zeno... gias..."
    Cloud seems to make a lot of excursions into other Square games, both mentally and physically.
    Last edited by BG-57; 06-11-2011 at 02:23 PM.

TO ROOGLE: I kind of always thought Gilgamesh and Asura were used as references to each other. Have they ever been in the same game? Then again, in Vagrant Story they're are multiple monsters (one called Asura) that share the same look and fighting style as well. I don't think Gilgamesh made a cameo in that though.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud
    "Uh...aaaa....? A billion mirror fragments.... small.... light... taken.... angel's... singing voices... zeno... gias..."
    You're messing with me. Is this supposed to be something Cloud spews at random during one of Cid's visits to Mideel? I don't remember this at all.

As for the 8 people at Nibelheim, my best guess is that it was originally tied to the plot. Unfortunately, it was later decided that Vincent and Yuffie would be optional, so there's no guarantee you'll have eight people in your group when you reach Nibelheim. Then again, the letter's there to read right when you get into town and there's no one around who could have written it on such short notice. Secondly, Vincent is locked down in the basement of the mansion until after Sephiroth's freakout. And of course, there's the fact the letter mentions the eight people don't notice the town isn't supposed to be here when in fact, the party is flabbergasted that its been rebuilt. I'm back to square one and have no freakin' clue who these eight folk must've been. Seriously though, why say eight? Why not just say a few? Why not say some? For some reason, 8 doesn't seem like an arbitrary number to me. Ya know?