Thread: I just listened to In The Aeroplane Over the Sea and it's the most average album I've

Blog Entries

Default I just listened to In The Aeroplane Over the Sea and it's the most average album I've

ever heard. I mean seriously what. I was expecting a mind-expanding audio experience unlike nothing I've heard, but got Bob Dylan Elevator Hits through a hipster Gaussian blur.

Topic is Albums/Artists you were pressured into listening to then found out it was hipster garbage. Or just garbage. Or something.

there was a picture here

Might upset someone, but here goes: Mumford & Sons. I think their lyrics, musical vibe and song structures are far too superficial/stereotypical (sp?) to be the deep-and-soulful-back-to-the-roots-thing everyone told me it would be. Not even slightly moved at all after a forced listen or two.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I also haven't fallen for Mumford & Sons despite being made to listen to them. It's not necessarily garbage, but to me personally it just sounds like a mix of Noah and the Whale and Johnny Flynn, but without really adding anything new to that sound.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I remember this thread about how great something called Owl City was, and many respected members of this community seemed to think it was jolly good. I thought, "Hmm. I like owls. I also like music. These forumgoers can't all be wrong! I'll give it a listen!" I don't know why I didn't tell everyone in the thread at the time that their taste in music is inferior, but I'll be damned if I'm going to miss this second chance: Owl City are lame, sod the lot of you.

I've smurfing hated Owl City ever since the first time I was forced to listen to it. And I was subjected to it pretty frequently for a few months. No one should ever drench any recording in that much auto-tune. In fact the only recording I've ever heard that actually was improved by the use of auto-tune was Kanye West's "Runaway," which basically used it as an instrument rather than just using it to stylise the vocals.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

In the Aeroplane... has maybe, maybe, one or two decent songs on it but the rest are pretty much boring garbage. Even the songs that okay are meh, they're just better by comparison. I think I got through the CD once and had forgotten I was listening to the thing.

I've only heard one song by Owl City (Fireflies) but it reminded me too much of The Postal Service, a band I've already listened to and dismissed as boring.

I forget most of the bands that I'm unimpressed with because they barely even register into my mind once I'm done listening to them. However, a few of the standouts are: Boys Like Girls and LMFAO. Both of them failed to impress me, though the latter did an excellent job at doing so. There wasn't any variety to the music that I could hear and that is pretty boring.

Blog Entries

everything everyone wants me to listen to all the time.

Animal Collective and Skillet.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Animal Collective was a big let down, but I chalk that up to not doing drugs anymore. Kanye West's 808's and Heartbreaks though... wow. I was hassled for months before i finally listened to that one. The whole album was one effing song, over and over and over again.

Mumford & Sons is to folk what Nickelback is to rock and roll. I'm also not terribly impressed with anything I've heard from Vampire Weekend, although their first album is better than the new one.

Disappointed with the hate for NMH in this thread though, that's one of my favourite albums ever. I also happen to really like Animal Collective.

Jellyfish swim by.