Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kefka Sucks. Kuja Is Better

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, so he's basically like Zemus who is not revealed as late as some people make him out to be.

I have to finish some assignments for school cause I accidentally wasted my weekend cause some stuff arrived earlier than anticipated. But you can bet your ass I'm coming in to give my two cents at a later time.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

After 50% of the game is considered 'late' to me. I do not want to chase something for 20 hours only to find out it was a good guy under mind control, or there was some other much badder boss of this boss. I hate when the Japanese pull that crap.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Both are pretty much the same to me..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I would like to ask you guys who think x character should have been introduced into x game, I should hear your thoughts on the matter, I like that there was an extra boss to take down that I didn't know about from the start, 1 last challenge, like say a victory lap if you will.

With regards to the whole Yu Yevon thing how else would you explain that the previous Final Aeon defeated Sin and in turn become Sin again, it makes perfect sense to me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Necron was a nod to the final bosses of the first five Final Fantasies, but especially to Cloud of Darkness. A giant space flea from nowhere that wants to destroy everything because it can.
    I thought it was because it/he's supposed to. The crystal was the source of life and it being destroyed by the hands of Kuja brings the ender of all life forward. As Necron says "He(Kuja) concluded he could only save himself
    by destroying the origin of all things--the crystal."
    "I exist for one purpose... To return everything back to the
    zero world, where there is no life and no crystal to give life.
    In a world of nothing, fear does not exist. This is the world
    that all life desires."
    Oh wait it sounds like...the crystal was still there hmmm...

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm relatively divided between the two of them; I like them both a lot but for different reasons.

Kefka, I think is a more memorable villain. He has much more amusement value and I find that his evil is generally more unhinged and less logical. He appears a bit bumbling and soft when you see him in Doma and Narshe, and you're never quite sure whether to take him at face value. I didn't think he was the deepest villain ever, but he's presented well and is different from your typical villains.

Kuja, I probably marginally prefer, though I can't remember how I voted in the census. His reasons for what he does are more emotional than Kefka's and for that reason I think he's more evil in his motives, if not in his methods. Kefka's unhinged and that fact is made clear from the off, whereas Kuja hangs around in the shadows a bit, schemes and manipulates. The way Kuja knocks off Brahne was clearly something that had been in his mind for quite some time, whereas Kefka betraying Gestahl seems to be more primal and something he seizes when he sees it in front of him. The thought had clearly occurred to him before, but I see him as less conniving than Kuja, who clearly only became involved with Alexandria in the first place to further his own goals. The emotional level of villains is something I find to be relatively hit-and-miss, but I find Kuja to be believable, to have a bit more substance than usual and to just be generally quite cool. For all those that criticise Kuja for looking feminine or whatever, I think that's part of his charm - he's clearly not of this world, is mysterious and unique - it makes finding out more about Kuja that bit more interesting, whereas Kefka doesn't really have that.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Both destroy planets, both become almost godlike, both are flamboyant and scantily dressed.

I like them equally. I'm in a four-way tie for Golbez, Kefka, Sephiroth, and Kuja as my favorite villains, tbh. ;D

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Both destroy planets
    To be fair, Kuja actually wins on this front. He destroyed one planet and severely messed up another. Kefka, in comparison, 'merely' managed to mess up just one world.

True, I don't know Kefka that well, I've never completed VI and can't find my copy of Anthology, Kuja, despite being gay and despite being a whiny brat (like Genesis), still manages to be pretty cool... despite himself.
    FYI, I consider Necron to be an extension of Kuja (being formed from his malice toward the world) and think of him as a third form of Kuja.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Don't ever compare Kuja to Genesis, Genesis is Awesome
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Genesis was a Sephiroth ripoff. Sephiroth > Kuja > Genesis.

Articles
    Blog Entries

genesis isn't anything like sephiroth, he doesnt want destruction, just to be cured

Kuja wasn't a whiny brat. In fact, despite the fact he was often pissed off and hating his life, he acted quite suave and in control.

Genesis did whine a lot though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Kuja wasn't a whiny brat. In fact, despite the fact he was often pissed off and hating his life, he acted quite suave and in control.

Genesis did whine a lot though.
    you don't remember the end of the game do you?

Genesis never whined at all, he just spoke in riddles. this thread isn't about Genesis and I wont hear any negative remarks about him!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Genesis was indeed a waste of space, just like the rest of the Compilation, which pretty much exists only for yaoi fans to write really odd stories.

Kuja and Kefka were the best villains, imo. Kuja was extremely well-written and somehwat sympathetic, with his connection to Zidane more believable than most said twists. kefka was just a crazy as hell mothersmurfer and I loved him. Golbez and Sephiroth are good villains, too!