Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kefka Sucks. Kuja Is Better

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Genesis was indeed a waste of space, just like the rest of the Compilation, which pretty much exists only for yaoi fans to write really odd stories.

Kuja and Kefka were the best villains, imo. Kuja was extremely well-written and somehwat sympathetic, with his connection to Zidane more believable than most said twists. kefka was just a crazy as hell mothersmurfer and I loved him. Golbez and Sephiroth are good villains, too!
    good villains:
    sephiroth
    genesis (yes he is)
    Kefka
    Kuja
    Vayne
    Gilgamesh

Okay villains:
    Golbez
    Seymour (maybe not even okay)
    exdeath (really pushing OKAY here)

Horrible villains:
    Garland and Chaos
    Palmacia
    Cloud of Darkness
    Zemus and Zeromus
    Adel and Ultemecia
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

Why do you like Genesis, yet find Golbez okay?

Golbez is much better than most of the villains on that list.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    genesis isn't anything like sephiroth, he doesnt want destruction, just to be cured
    I didn't say he was a carbon copy, he's a ripoff. If you look at it closely their are a lot of similarities. Too many to make him original in any way. He's a poor villain imo.

good villains:
    sephiroth
    genesis (yes he is)
    Kefka
    Kuja
    Vayne
    Gilgamesh

Okay villains:
    Golbez

Horrible villains:
    Garland and Chaos
    Palmacia
    Cloud of Darkness
    Zemus and Zeromus
    Adel and Ultemecia
    Oh my...

So far I think Golbez's floating, disembodied hand is a more effective villain than Genesis.

Articles
    Blog Entries

oh, and yu yevon goes below that list in: Who the hell are you? Get out of my video game ! category

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Genesis was indeed a waste of space, just like the rest of the Compilation, which pretty much exists only for yaoi fans to write really odd stories.

Kuja and Kefka were the best villains, imo. Kuja was extremely well-written and somehwat sympathetic, with his connection to Zidane more believable than most said twists. kefka was just a crazy as hell mothersmurfer and I loved him. Golbez and Sephiroth are good villains, too!
    good villains:
    sephiroth
    genesis (yes he is)
    Kefka
    Kuja
    Vayne
    Gilgamesh

Okay villains:
    Golbez

Horrible villains:
    Garland and Chaos
    Palmacia
    Cloud of Darkness
    Zemus and Zeromus
    Adel and Ultemecia
    And why, may I ask, did you leave out III's main villain? You know, Xande.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I never played 3, 11, 13, or 14

Kuja had actual motivation that made sense.
    Kuja's motivation was to destroy the entirety of life because he felt it was unfair that the rest of the world should exist without him.

Yeah, that's pretty neat motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Kuja's motivation was to destroy the entirety of life because he felt it was unfair that the rest of the world should exist without him.

..that was for the last 2 hours of the game...

A figure clad in armor. Darkwolf090's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Acerbus Lupus (Mysidia)

good villains:
    sephiroth
    genesis (yes he is)
    Kefka
    Kuja
    Vayne
    Gilgamesh

Okay villains:
    Golbez

Horrible villains:
    Garland and Chaos
    Palmacia
    Cloud of Darkness
    Zemus and Zeromus
    Adel and Ultemecia
    Ok ok ok ok wait... Genesis above Golbez? not only that but near the top of the list? I find this offensive... Genesis did nothing but whine he isnt Sephiroth like forever and really didnt do much else... Golbez who like you know pretty much won is just okay?
    You fight Golbez once in FFIV and he is one of the harder fights, not only that but he would of won cept for that whole "Im not mind controlled anymore" thing.
    Cecil and friends where losing pretty bad against him, I mean he got all the crystals that he wanted and everything... what did Genesis do besides read a book and say "I wish I was as pretty as Sephiroth" sorry for the rant but I felt as it was needed.... I can think of like 3 FF villains who do what they set out to do. First being Kefka so points to him (Dont get me wrong I personally hate him and his char design but I am more then willing to admit he is a great villain) Golbez who really only stopped cuz he stopped himself cuz he isnt really evil and then Exdeath who did get the power of the void and basically ate the world but power backlash sucks eh?

NOW to the topic of this thread! I save Kefka is a better villain then Kuja, now that said I like Kuja as well but he isnt as good of villain really i mean he ends up saving your party even, sure Golbez is my favorite villain but he is only half villain really so I wouldnt say he is the greatest ever but a good char yes... better then Genesis... yes...
    best FF Villain? Kefka
    I care not for harmony nor discord. - Golbez
    It is better to die and be remembered forever, then it is to live on and have no one know your alive. Do what you want, hold nothing back!

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post

..that was for the last 2 hours of the game...
    And before that, his only goal was to gain enough power to overthrown Garland so he can rule Terra. That's not really super awesome motivation for a bad guy.

Kefka, on the other hand, had motivation caused by his broken sanity, which can be attributed to his being used as a test subject for Magitek Knight creation. His attempts at destroying the world, and his goal to become the God of Magic, could be seen as wanting to feel something or jealousy that he lacked the ability to empathize with human life. His evil was a lot more open to interpretation than Kuja's was. Kefka believed that life was meaningless, due to the fact that eventually everyone dies, so he decided to try and speed up the process by destroying creation.

You're kinda mixing up motivation with goals. The goal is power but power is seldom its own reward. It's what you hope to use that power for.

Kuja hoped to use the power he attained to free himself. Much of FFIX's storyline centers around the purpose of existence; why we are here and that sort of jazz. Kuja's literal purpose for being was to serve Garland and resurrect Terra.

Thus he attempted to gain power to subvert this. He hoped that, with his creator dead and the universe under his command, it would help him rise above what he was born. You can't be a mere tool if you're the strongest thing alive and everything else serves you.

That's why he flipped out at the end. Despite all his newfound power he was still just the same flawed creation. He'd never be able to establish his own identity and become who he desperately wanted to be.
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 04-24-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    You're kinda mixing up motivation with goals. The goal is power but power is seldom its own reward. It's what you hope to use that power for.

Kuja hoped to use the power he attained to free himself. Much of FFIX's storyline centers around the purpose of existence; why we are here and that sort of jazz. Kuja's literal purpose for being was to serve Garland and resurrect Terra.

Thus he attempted to gain power to subvert this. He hoped that, with his creator dead and the universe under his command, it would help him rise above what he was born. You can't be a mere tool if you're the strongest thing alive and everything else serves you.

That's why he flipped out at the end. Despite all his newfound power he was still just the same flawed creation. He'd never be able to establish his own identity and become who he desperately wanted to be.
    What he said.

Kuja was a much more developed/complex villain than Kefka(or most FF main-villains).
    And smarter too.

Don't ever compare Kuja to Genesis, Genesis sucks.
    I agree.

Question: Do you know why Kefka succeeded in destroying the planet?

Answer: Because the planet didn't fight back.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I wouldn't necessarily call Kuja smarter than Kefka. Though he was quite a bit off his rocker nothing he did indicated a lack of intelligence.

IMO Kuja went through the entire game trying to find a way to outsmart Garland, with multiple failed attempts. Kuja seemed to be on a much more winning trend in his escapades.