Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kefka Sucks. Kuja Is Better

Default Kefka Sucks. Kuja Is Better

Rather than derail the census thread, I decided to make this topic.

So it seems 20 poor confused people voted for Kefka as the greatest FF villains. i can only assume the nostalgiatards emerged from their holes where they hide from technological advancement and good storylines so they could praise their one-dimensional deity.

So let's get started.

Kuja had actual motivation that made sense.
    He had a layered personality with depth.
    He wasn't a gay clown.

Those are three ways he's better so far. Feel free to continue to contribute to the list.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

kuja was a whiny brat, completely inferior to zidane and Necron. Also he wasn't a god like Kefka. I finished your thread
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Being a "god" means nothing. FF heroes kill gods all the time. In fact the FFVI party managed to kill "God" Kefka while Kuja actually defeated the party once and drew with them the second time. In fact since the party pretty much died while he was still alive, you could even say he won.

But since you complimented Necron I can only assume you're trolling.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I like Kefka better than Kuja. "Whiny" heroes tend to become my favorites, but when it comes to villains I do get annoyed. And his outfit. Ugh. I do concede that he has more depth than Kefka, though. While I like Kefka more than Kuja, I like FFIX more than FFVI.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Necron was behind the scenes waiting for an excuse to kill everyone and everything. Also he is much stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I like Kefka better than Kuja. "Whiny" heroes tend to become my favorites, but when it comes to villains I do get annoyed. And his outfit. Ugh. I do concede that he has more depth than Kefka, though. While I like Kefka more than Kuja, I like FFIX more than FFVI.
    I don't see how anyone can criticize Kuja's outfit in comparison to kefka. You remember what he looks like right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Necron was behind the scenes waiting for an excuse to kill everyone and everything. Also he is much stronger
    He literally had no background story or explanation... We don't even know what he was.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I don't see how anyone can criticize Kuja's outfit in comparison to kefka. You remember what he looks like right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    He literally had no background story or explanation... We don't even know what he was.
    An Ender, a legendary mind that seeks an excuse to end existence in it's universe

Or he's a crappy last minute insert to reference the older games.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, he looks like a scary clown. I've seen scary clowns before! Kuja wears a thong with a long cloth covering the back, and some really big boots. That's all that separates the party from his junk, and that's a different kind of evil entirely

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Kuja may not have worn clown makeup, but there's no way he's not gayer than Kefka. Gayest FF villain ever hands down. Guy might as well be on fire. In fact he looks like he is in trance mode. Do they sell men's clothes where he bought that blouse? Nothing wrong with being gay or men trying to look like chicks, but I'm just calling a spade a spade here.

Kuja is actually my second favorite FF villain, but Kefka was the best. Like I said in the other thread, I compare him to Batman's Joker. He's just a crazy mothersmurfer, and unlike many other villains, he actually succeeds in destroying the world. They also don't pull the old switcheroo in FFVI making the final boss some other random villain that had nothing to do with the plot until that point. That's bonus points for Kefka. Necron/Ultimecia/Zemus/Yu Yevon all suck and cheapen those games' true villains.

Also Kefka doesn't have a tail.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Necron was a nod to the final bosses of the first five Final Fantasies, but especially to Cloud of Darkness. A giant space flea from nowhere that wants to destroy everything because it can.

Kefka is simply insane. Look at his Amano artwork. His outfit is what happens when Rainbows have contests about which vomits the most. He makes it work though and is a fun villain.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    They also don't pull the old switcheroo in FFVI making the final boss some other random villain that had nothing to do with the plot until that point. That's bonus points for Kefka. Necron/Ultimecia/Zemus/Yu Yevon all suck and cheapen those games' true villains.
    Well to be fair, you're told Ultimecia and Yu Yevon are enemy #1 well in advance and have everything to do with the plot (though they could have been introduced better). Necron is like whoa wtf is this thing, and if I'm understanding correctly, is spawned to life by Kuja's feelings.

I do like this artwork.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, Edea snaps out of it pretty early and Seifer is just...misguided, but they're still the best FFVIII villains in my eyes. FFVIII is just pretty weak in general in terms of...everything. I can't believe it won so many census categories.

As for Yu Yevon, when do you find out he's behind Sin? I thought it wasn't until the end. It was always pretty clear that the Yevon religion was evil and some one was behind the Sin cycle but I didn't know you 'found out' that it was Yu Yevon until much later.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

You find out about Yu Yevon after Zanarkand. So that's like 90% or so through the game.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Pretty much right after you leave the Zanarkand Ruins. So yeah, almost at the end, but you go into Sin with the plan to kill it because you now know it's responsible for pretty much everything bad that's happened and the main character's existence rather than it just appearing like "oh hi you don't know me but I'm gonna kill everything."