Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFV coming to PSN network

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I would even take just releasing it Japanese over the terrible Anthology translation.
    If I bought it over PSN only to find it was in Japanese I would be... displeased.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

If it's the Anthology version, I won't touch it with a ten-foot pole. If it's a bit enhanced so the graphics of for example the battle backgrounds and the music are up to par with the Advance version, and the translation IS the Advance version or a new one, then I might get it. My copy of V Advance is annoying, it constantly corrupts my savefiles. No fun, getting up to the Cleft of Dimensions with a full bestiary only to have your savedata corrupted. Aargh. >.<

I enjoyed the Anthology version of FFV flaws and all. Good games don't spoil even when badly ported.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'm currently playing the Anthology version and it's my first time playing FFV, and I'm enjoying it. It's very silly. There's this awful glitch though if you're playing it on a PS2 or pretty much anything other than a PS1 where if you try to save, 50% of the time you just get garbage. Usually you can just keep trying until it rights itself, but yesterday it crashed on me

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, the PS2 has some backwards compatibility issues with some titles. FF Anthology was one of the more high profile ones.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

There's this awful glitch though if you're playing it on a PS2 or pretty much anything other than a PS1 where if you try to save, 50% of the time you just get garbage. Usually you can just keep trying until it rights itself, but yesterday it crashed on me.
    Oh I thought it was just my copy. The game froze every time I tried to save it on my PS3.
    So you were able to save?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    There's this awful glitch though if you're playing it on a PS2 or pretty much anything other than a PS1 where if you try to save, 50% of the time you just get garbage. Usually you can just keep trying until it rights itself, but yesterday it crashed on me.
    Oh I thought it was just my copy. The game froze every time I tried to save it on my PS3.
    So you were able to save?
    Yeah, it's only crashed the one time. I've had to exit and re-enter the menu a million times, but usually I can eventually save the game. I don't know if you can even do that much on a PS3 though. It looks pretty cool sometimes! Usually it's just blocky garbage, but sometimes it's scribbles, or I'll walk around and everything in battle will be invisible but weapons and spells!