Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: PSN Hacked

Default PSN Hacked

So, anyone trying to do anything on PSN lately will have noticed that the system is down. Sony has reported that this is due to an external intrusion, and that they are working to bring things back up.

Small comfort, since it really sucks that the system is down one of the few times I actually decide to use it, but hey, what can you do?

I just find myself wondering who bothered hacking PSN, and what they hoped to accomplish, besides shutting the network down worldwide.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

they now have control of the system and are probably downloading everything. FREE
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Just to prove you can, probably. Doesn't affect me, I'm not hooked up to PSN yet.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

FYI, your credit card info isn't encrypted. It's plain text, last time I checked. Dunno if the hacker would have access to all of that, I really don't know how this stuff works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Just to prove you can, probably. Doesn't affect me, I'm not hooked up to PSN yet.
    This is probably the main reason.

Whats with this vendetta against Sony recently?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Recently? Gamers have been pretty mad at everybody for a long while now I think xD

I swear to god if this all stems from Sony removing the Other OS feature then I hope Sony slams whoever did this.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No if it's to do with Anonymous it'll be over the George Hotz case. Since they demanded the details of anyone who even VIEWED the data (in other words, Sony acted like dicks to people who haven't done anything but might have seen the information on how to do it and basically said they were going to sue the outta them all) Either way, it came down to the whole idea that Sony basically said you don't actually own your PS3, they do. You're kinda renting it (damn thats a hefty "rental" price tag considering the price of the games too) according to their words. However that flies in the face of you brought the console not rented it and therefore the hacker collective Anonymous ended up involved like they have in every other recent "infringement" of their rights and liberties threatening to take it's PSN down with hacking. However Anonymous after much bad press on the situation and Sony saying they were going to "upgrade it (the psn) and it'd be sporadically up and down" decided against punishing every PS3 owner worldwide to punish Sony and that there were other options.

Now there's 3 possible outcomes here:

1) Anonymous changed their minds for the lulz and hacked the PSN after all. Even though they have claimed no responsibility for the hack.

2) Someone is trying to make it look like Anonymous did by hacking it themselves. This could be Sony even

3) Someone else hacked it for other purposes or to prove how easily it could be done.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love Anon, they so crazy.

But seriously, smurf companies that have those attitudes.

Blog Entries

Personally I'm just glad I own a 360, XBL is sweet as anything at the moment and well I've not had Microsoft breathing down my neck threatening to sue the out of me because I watched videos/read websites about how to hack my console even though I haven't actually done anything other than that just because I theoretically could do so armed with that knowledge.

Blog Entries

lol consoles.

Blog Entries

lol Bert, Idk dude Blizzard can be just as bad, remember the mods thing with Starcraft 2?

What a load of bull. I don't care who did it, or if it was for some sort of 'stand' against Sony. All they've done is stop innocent people being able to have fun on their console.
    I don't give a about Sony suing people or whatever, I just want to play Portal 2 online damn it.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

All psp and some ps3 games have now been signed (aka perma hacked) see psp permahack thread for details
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen