Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any info on this kinda thing?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    When I was a kid, when I was a little boy, I always wanted to be a dinosaur. I wanted to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex more than anything in the world.
    Just don't go googling "scalies", whatever you do.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

While previously totally uninterested in Fur-Conventions, a new thought has occurred to me. The idea of getting a few of these Dinosaur Terrorizes School Children - CollegeHumor Video and bursting into a furry convention en masse sounds like the best drunken fun I could ever be arrested for.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    On the one hand I can't see the attraction of dressing up like a honey badger or a goat to have some sort of weird orgy. Just isn't me. I mean, has anyone seriously been sexually attracted to a mascot? Why? I don't get it.

But dressing up like a raptor or something and acting like a moron in a hotel with a bunch of like minded morons? Sounds fun! I've always thought the suits from Dark Crystal were bad ass, for example. Dressing up like an urRu or a Landstrider would be a fun change of pace for the day. Who wouldn't want to be a Skeksis?
    If only the world was so black and white that anything I disliked or did not understand ceased to exist.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    When I was a kid, when I was a little boy, I always wanted to be a dinosaur. I wanted to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex more than anything in the world.
    Just don't go googling "scalies", whatever you do.
    I was quoting Step Brothers. And I already know that there are reptilian furries.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Troll thread?

Furries are creeeeeeeepy. We used to have one that posted here who was a huge Kingdom Hearts fan and turned out to be a pedo who liked to talk sex with 12 year olds via the board's PMs.
    Can we pretend that didn't happen, I rather not remember it...

I'm personally not a cosplayer, though a few friends are dragging me to one as Ciel Phantomhive. As far as the preparations go, it's pretty expensive. Apparently a lot of cosplayers prefer it if you make your own costume, though you can certainly find some very well-made costumes if you've got the money. Just be sure you do something that can look good. You don't want to become one of those cosplayers people like to post up for laughs.

The other thing is friends, as I think this would be a very awkward experience if you went without people you knew. I know I probably won't be doing it again due to the price of it all.

You're wanting to go as a furry though so I have no suggestions for that

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    On the one hand I can't see the attraction of dressing up like a honey badger or a goat to have some sort of weird orgy. Just isn't me. I mean, has anyone seriously been sexually attracted to a mascot? Why? I don't get it.

But dressing up like a raptor or something and acting like a moron in a hotel with a bunch of like minded morons? Sounds fun! I've always thought the suits from Dark Crystal were bad ass, for example. Dressing up like an urRu or a Landstrider would be a fun change of pace for the day. Who wouldn't want to be a Skeksis?
    If only the world was so black and white that anything I disliked or did not understand ceased to exist.
    I'm not saying I don't want him/her to be able to do it. I never said people shouldn't be able to do it. If adults want to get together for that sort of thing, go for it. It doesn't bother me. I was just saying I have trouble seeing the sexual side of it. It's called making conversation. Perhaps they'd care to comment on what they find sexual about it. It might give me some perspective on what people get out of it.

Then I went on to comment on something similar, that I would enjoy doing. Once again, it's called conversation.

Stop jumping to conclusions.

I was moreso focusing on the whole "like minded morons" bit.

If you didn't mean for it to sound judgmental than maybe you should've used a word other than morons.

Also I don't jump to conclusions, I take a leisurely stroll towards them.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's just Bunny, you have to get used to it.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They called Ed Gein crazy, but that didn't stop him making clothes out of corpses!

They said Big Lurch was on too much PCP, but he still ate that one chick!

They said John Wayne Gacy was a murderer, but he still got doubles three times!

Get the fursuit, screw the haters!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

If you didn't mean for it to sound judgmental than maybe you should've used a word other than morons.

Well then you focused on some obvious sarcasm. It was a jab at myself, and the idea of just cutting loose and acting silly. Maybe one of those leisurely strolls you're on will take you to some common sense. Moving on.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baloki View Post
    o.O

If it's UK based fur fandom I can help you out, point you to useful links and such. US stuff I have no idea though as it's rather far away. Fursuiting (Mascot/animal costumes) in general can be a rather expensive hobby as a half decent suit (ie something that doesn't look like it hit every branch on the ugly tree on the way down) cost sometimes in upwards of $1,000 (£800?) and of course the opportunity to take them out and about can be rather limited as you need a handler to accompany you (mainly because most suits have a rather limited field of vision). Although most UK furmeets nowadays do have walks planned. The other option if your just starting out/arn't keen on the idea of a full suit is either a partial suit, or maybe just a tail.

As for cons, again I only know about UK stuff, try not to really get involved in the activities of furries across the pond. At the moment there's only one actual convention in the UK (the second one shut down recently due to funding issues I believe), there is also a larger one in Germany as well. Attendance can cost well in the hundreds of pounds as hotel rooms have to be booked and entrance fees paid, although I believe they also do cheap day tickets as well.

As for the kinky sex stuff that everyone always bangs on about when cons and hotels are mentioned, from what I've heard about the UK ones this doesn't really seem to happen as they can't afford to get a bad reputation with hotels in the area (you try and convince a hotel to let you hold an event with 300+ people dressed in animal costumes xD) so they are very strict about it, of course I'm not saying it never happens, but eh.

Also I don't own a fursuit or attend cons before the yiffymurryscritchesbalokiomgwtfbbq's start being said ;p
    Thank you for the detailed information, I apreciate it, and will see what I can do.

I'm not saying I don't want him/her to be able to do it. I never said people shouldn't be able to do it. If adults want to get together for that sort of thing, go for it. It doesn't bother me. I was just saying I have trouble seeing the sexual side of it. It's called making conversation. Perhaps they'd care to comment on what they find sexual about it. It might give me some perspective on what people get out of it.

Then I went on to comment on something similar, that I would enjoy doing. Once again, it's called conversation.

Stop jumping to conclusions.
    Him, and why are you talking about sex? I never said I wanted to do anything sexual! I'm sure that there are some people who find it sexual/use it for sex (in fact I know there are) but that's not what I'm interested in at all...

Now who's jumping to conclusions?

Well then you focused on some obvious sarcasm. It was a jab at myself, and the idea of just cutting loose and acting silly. Maybe one of those leisurely strolls you're on will take you to some common sense. Moving on.
    Man, you are incredibly easy to get worked up. Calm down, take a breath, and stop taking every comment so damn seriously.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Post on topic or gtfo. Enough of the back and forth over semantics. This is a goddamn furry thread and not an arguing thread.

Thanks

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro
    This is a goddamn furry thread and not an arguing thread.
    Can you really have the first without the second?
    I like Kung-Fu.