Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any info on this kinda thing?

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone have any info on this kinda thing?

This may sound like a strange question, but for a long time I have been considering attending one of those conventions where everyone's wearing animal costumes, or "suits" as they seem to be called (not like masks or whatever, but fully detailed to look like anthopomo-whatever versions of whatever animal you've chosen) like this if you can't picture it.

I was just wondering if anyone here knows anything about how one would go about attending these? It looks pretty cool. Also, do they supply the "suits" or have you got to buy them? Also is there a pacific way you decide what "your" animal is going to be?

Any help is appreciated.

Blog Entries

I hear Baloki is a furry but Im not sure if thats teasing because people dont like him or teasing because it's true.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...you want to become a furfag?

Wow, judgmental much?

If you plan to go to one of those conventions just make sure to do it in style.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justy View Post
    Wow, judgmental much?
    Yes.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    If you plan to go to one of those conventions just make sure to do it in style.
    That was cool...

my friend told me theres a bunch of people in the uk who do this, and then go to a hotel afterwards....
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justy View Post
    Wow, judgmental much?
    Closet furfag dedected! Yiff in hell, etc

there was a picture here

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Troll thread?

Furries are creeeeeeeepy. We used to have one that posted here who was a huge Kingdom Hearts fan and turned out to be a pedo who liked to talk sex with 12 year olds via the board's PMs.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

o.O

If it's UK based fur fandom I can help you out, point you to useful links and such. US stuff I have no idea though as it's rather far away. Fursuiting (Mascot/animal costumes) in general can be a rather expensive hobby as a half decent suit (ie something that doesn't look like it hit every branch on the ugly tree on the way down) cost sometimes in upwards of $1,000 (£800?) and of course the opportunity to take them out and about can be rather limited as you need a handler to accompany you (mainly because most suits have a rather limited field of vision). Although most UK furmeets nowadays do have walks planned. The other option if your just starting out/arn't keen on the idea of a full suit is either a partial suit, or maybe just a tail.

As for cons, again I only know about UK stuff, try not to really get involved in the activities of furries across the pond. At the moment there's only one actual convention in the UK (the second one shut down recently due to funding issues I believe), there is also a larger one in Germany as well. Attendance can cost well in the hundreds of pounds as hotel rooms have to be booked and entrance fees paid, although I believe they also do cheap day tickets as well.

As for the kinky sex stuff that everyone always bangs on about when cons and hotels are mentioned, from what I've heard about the UK ones this doesn't really seem to happen as they can't afford to get a bad reputation with hotels in the area (you try and convince a hotel to let you hold an event with 300+ people dressed in animal costumes xD) so they are very strict about it, of course I'm not saying it never happens, but eh.

Also I don't own a fursuit or attend cons before the yiffymurryscritchesbalokiomgwtfbbq's start being said ;p
    FOA

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Baloki View Post
    Also I don't own a fursuit or attend cons before the yiffymurryscritchesbalokiomgwtfbbq's start being said ;p
    And I had so many questions ready...*sigh*.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloki View Post
    And I had so many questions ready...*sigh*.
    Well for you DMKA ;p
    FOA

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

On the one hand I can't see the attraction of dressing up like a honey badger or a goat to have some sort of weird orgy. Just isn't me. I mean, has anyone seriously been sexually attracted to a mascot? Why? I don't get it.

But dressing up like a raptor or something and acting like a moron in a hotel with a bunch of like minded morons? Sounds fun! I've always thought the suits from Dark Crystal were bad ass, for example. Dressing up like an urRu or a Landstrider would be a fun change of pace for the day. Who wouldn't want to be a Skeksis?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    On the one hand I can't see the attraction of dressing up like a honey badger or a goat to have some sort of weird orgy. Just isn't me. I mean, has anyone seriously been sexually attracted to a mascot? Why? I don't get it.

But dressing up like a raptor or something and acting like a moron in a hotel with a bunch of like minded morons? Sounds fun! I've always thought the suits from Dark Crystal were bad ass, for example. Dressing up like an urRu or a Landstrider would be a fun change of pace for the day. Who wouldn't want to be a Skeksis?
    When I was a kid, when I was a little boy, I always wanted to be a dinosaur. I wanted to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex more than anything in the world.