Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Portal 2

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

So, I am done the game but none of my usual co-op friends have it yet and I want to try the co-op levels.

I played through the entire single player Tuesday, 2 hours before work then 4 after. I don't think i ever actually got "stuck" but there were parts that i spent looking around at everything cause it was gorgeous. Then Friday my friend and i beat co-op in about 5 hours including dinner break.

Great game, would love to play/add people on steam!

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Brilliant game, just finished it a short while ago. Not as hard as the original in some ways - probably because of the sheer number of options created by all the new gadgets, and 'cause the original was such good training.

If I just had to find something to complain about, I'd say the humour's laid on a little thick at times. But really, it's kind of a stretch to consider that an actual downer.

Spoiler-tagging the whole next bit because I'm too lazy to be selective
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke
    If Wheatley is in space at the end we shouldnt be able to hear him speak
    Since he's a computer, it's plausible he's transmitting as much as actually talking. I'd say we're just hearing him as we would over radio or somesuch.

Random fun: here's the audio from all three corrupted cores.
    Portal 2 Cores by betarepeating on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Oh, I had a nasty-ass glitch right at the final battle with Wheatley: he didn't launch any bombs during the entire fight, except for the single bombs he drops if you stand right underneath him, or one volley that would always hit his bomb shields. Since that happened from the very first time I fought him, I had no idea how I was supposed to rupture that portal goo pipeline. I eventually had to resort to Gamefaqs, where I confirmed that he was actually meant to be flinging explosives the entire time. After changing the graphics options and reloading from an earlier save, the fight got back on track.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Just cranked out the remainder of the co-op. Finally caved, and me and my buddy upstairs played split screen. It certainly helped his cause that he got a brand spankin new 240 hz 60" LED yesterday. So Pretty. But I must say I'm a little confused and a little lost with the ending. (SPOILER)Is this supposed to be prior to or after the solo campaign? Would you consider the whole human-bank thing to be a setup for the next sequel? and honestly, were you too just the slightest bit disappointed that the puzzles weren't harder? I really wanted a good head scratcher but it just never really came. Not to say that they weren't challenging and fun, I just didn't feel quite as challenged this time around.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Can someone explain the (SPOILER)singing turrets thing portion of the ending to me?

Is it some Half-Life inside joke? I've never played the Half-Life games all the way through.
    I like Kung-Fu.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not a Half-Life reference; just an impromptu act of niceness orchestrated by (SPOILER)Glados.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Not a Half-Life reference; just an impromptu act of niceness orchestrated by (SPOILER)Glados.
    (SPOILER)Although the king turret was kind of spooky. And it was nowhere near as nice as returning your incinerated Companion Cube to you.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Finally found a full version of the smooth jazz that is deployed to help me remain calm in a difficult situation in 3...2...1...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Beat it. Hooray! I loved the song.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Anyway major portal 2 ending spoilers:
    (SPOILER)If Wheatley is in space at the end we shouldnt be able to hear him speak, further more since the portal was shot on the earth side of the moon Wheatley wouldnt have been flung into the depths of space as many claim, he would eiter have been thrown back at the earth or at least into earth's orbit unless he were to bounce of the atmosphere
    Who, pray tell, do you think he'd even be talking to? You're willing to suspend belief for this entire game, including the fact that you can somehow see him, but not for this one detail? xD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post

Who, pray tell, do you think he'd even be talking to? You're willing to suspend belief for this entire game, including the fact that you can somehow see him, but not for this one detail? xD
    He's talking to the space core
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post

He's talking to the space core
    You think so?

I figured he was doing the shakespearean monolouge thing.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

This statement is false.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

How much longer is this game than the 1st?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    How much longer is this game than the 1st?
    Uhm... At least three times as long? I think? I don't remember how long it took me to beat the first one. And then there's the co-op game, and DLCs.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I beat it in probably 10 hours.

There's DLC already?