Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who series 6 (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I merged the two threads so we now have a Doctor Who Superthread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    If i've one criticisim it's this. He tends to make everyone gay.
    Haha yeah it was kind of funny how Canton just said "oh yeah btw President Nixon I want to marry a black guy". I have to wonder if he was Laddy in disguise. Still, the previous writer did it too and I don't really care a great deal.
    I do. It kind of sullies the whole show. I don't care what sexuality anyone is. But when everyone is gay...it loses its ground as there is now a disproportionate amount of homosexuals. In sci-fi you need a realistic base as a reference otherwise its hard to identify with the characters. When your own personal preferences spill over to the people your writing about...there's a word for that & I can't remember what it's called. The thinh Tolkein diod with Faramir, that kinda mistake there. Anyway he dorsnt have to make every good guy gay it ruins it. That is all.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I thought Faramir shagged Eowyn, who was a pretty damned fine lady. Unless you're referring to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I thought Faramir shagged Eowyn, who was a pretty damned fine lady. Unless you're referring to something else.
    Yes, the writer subconsciously or consciously putting large sections of himself into a charcter. Sometimes so much so that the his actions can, at times, seem confused, as the writer drifts in & out of the characters traits to the writers traits.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It was such a small reference and it wasn't really relevant to the plot so it didn't mean anything to me. I think he just did it because "haha imagine if Nixon met a gay hero who wanted to marry a black man, how crazy would that be!?" Nothing special there.

Iceglow, regarding the snog: (SPOILER)Remember how River Song mentioned at some point that every time she meets Doctor Who, they never share memories, and how it's 'in reverse'? This means that she's effectively reversing her history with him. When the Doctor first meets River Song, she dies. In that episode, she can't tell him how she knows him because he can't be told about his future. "Spoilers" she says. The Doctor meets her again later, and recalls her from their previous meeting. Nothing more. In this episode, they snog - she starts it, he's confused and carries on. She is mortified that this is his first kiss with her. Why? Because that, for her, means it's her last kiss with him. In later episodes, the Doctor will slowly go through his life in reverse to hers. Every first for him is a last for her, every last for him is a first for her. So eventually, she will meet him, they will kiss, and that will be her first kiss with him. He will know this means it is their last kiss in his timeline. Later, he finally meets her and she doesn't know who he is, he will know that he will never see her again. Personally, I suspect that they will have a full relationship, probably including marriage. How else would she know his real name, when even Rose did not?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

(SPOILER)So Amy had sex with the doctor? Or maybe Rory is a timelord?
    FOA

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

i was about to say (SPOILER)Why has no one picked up on the little regenrating girl? I sat there for 10 minutes with my mouth open :O
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

Blog Entries

The timelords were trying to invent a gaydar but accidentally invented a time machine. And that is where the term gaylord comes from (they changed thier name after this)

(SPOILER)Anyway theory:
    The doctor's daughter from previous seasons?

Though I heard Moffat didnt want to use old characters

edit:
    (SPOILER)on a sad note, old man Canton isnt wearing a wedding ring at the begining ep 1
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 05-03-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Which daughter? He's had an adopted daughter and he's supposedly had a family before the Time War began. There is also Jenny, the 'daughter' made using his genetic information. Given that he has grandchildren travel with him on occasion, we can only really guess as to where they came from.

PS. Jenny was hot. I wouldn't mind her making a return.

Blog Entries

I was talking about Jenny.

Also lets not forget, The Master is never really defeated, no matter how many times you think he is.

There are several timelords out there to make timelord babies.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

Jenny was pretty hot. I dont understand why they made a great character like that and not even bring her back.

Anyway, can someone explain how they went from shooting spacegirl in the head to the doctor being captured and the others being hunted? Also, where did they get that black material from which made the doctors prison? Because was some high grade alien ****.

Apart from the very boring death of the doctor and any future series other than thpse with matt smith, the episodes were great. I wish the whole forgeting the silence and sending creepy messages to yourself went on longer, that bit was awesome.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, they could probably have made a movie about the Silence and still had room for more. Definitely an interesting idea for a villain race. I'd actually say it was even better than the Weeping Angels.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'd be surprised if Jenny (as herself, at least, regeneration is possible I suppose!) was in this series, simply because the 10th Doctor knocked her up IRL so she would've been heavily pregnant during filming.

Also, yeah, another episode could've been made from this story arc. Although it seems like it's going to stretch for the entire season.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

No regeneration of Jenny, please. Amy Pond and Jenny in an episode would provide me with candy for both eyes.

Seriously?!
    I've finally been able to watch the first episode, and I come here to find that you all were privileged enough to watch the second episode the same day I watched the first!
    This is balls!

Moving on, Jenny. Jenny is the Doctor's daughter, the actress who plays Jenny is the daughter of a Doctor, the fiancée of a Doctor, and is the mother of the daughter of that Doctor. Love it!

SuspicionThe child, Amy and Rory's daughter, is River.

Amy was right to be concerned about the effect of time travel on a pregnancy. It is where River gets so much of her oddities. And River was the one in the spacesuit who shot the Doctor at the beginning of the episode. Trapped in the suit, frightened and alone most of her life, the Doctor discovers who she is, that she is both River and Amy's daughter, and goes to help her. He confronts her with her past and future at the same time, and she freaks and kills him.

Then, when she is forced to watch it all happen again, without interfering, she gets mad at the Doctor and slaps him.

Also, does no one else think that the Silence was a red herring? I mean, all the lead up, the ties to the destruction of the Tardis, and it turns out to be a single race that is discarded at the end of the first two episodes? I highly doubt that. Maybe they are agents for the Silence, or controlled by it, or even just trying to herald in the Fall, if the Silence is more a force or concept than anything alive. But there is far more to the Silence than what we are shown.

And, as an aside, it is rather annoying that every time I hear this music, I have an urge to go load up Mass Effect 2 and fight Collectors.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.