Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who series 6 (spoilers)

the lil gay comment in the "day of the moon" seemed like a call back to the old rtdavies episodes, i figured it was an intentional joke and thought it was pretty funny.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

Default What if!?

Who's to say that the master and Lucy saxon didnt have a baby? When she was arrested she may have had to give the baby up for adoption? Crazy i know but possible.

There is no way on earth its the doctor and amy's daughter, that would just be sick.

I believe the silence are the minions of the...... THE OMEGA!! thats the one big classic villan that is missing.

Doctor Who Wikki

Though he was once more thought destroyed, Hedin of the High Council made contact with Omega and decided to help him. Omega had gained control of the dimensional gateway known as the Arc of Infinity. Through the Arc, he had gateway between his own universe and the universe of matter, though he still had no physical form. Omega also had a TARDIS and a servant which he had created, the Ergon. In order Omega needed to bond with another Time Lord using his biodata extract.
    From what i can see, Omega needs a timelord and a tardis in-order to leave the anti matter universe he lives in, because he has no form, so he tricks the doctor into taking a part of him and stealing his tardis. If you look in the trailer for the series you get a one second snap of the 10th doctors tardis and a bright yellow light.

All very interesting.
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

Blog Entries

The last ep was rather predictable which was a shame since I usually like a good pirate story.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

yeah it was more filler less thriller but still a good way to spend 44 mins, just bummed it was pretty much the same medic idea as the Doctor Dances/lonely child (which were fantastic episodes). but I thought the pirates flying into space at the end was adorable
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    yeah it was more filler less thriller but still a good way to spend 44 mins, just bummed it was pretty much the same medic idea as the Doctor Dances/lonely child (which were fantastic episodes).
    Yeah, I had the same thought about the whole "Alien doctor trying to help but not understanding" plot.

Still, a fun little adventure and pirate Amy was pretty cute.

i was rather disapointed with this episode. yeah it had a good premis and the siren was hot and scarey at the same time. just there were to many plot holes to make me enjoy it alot.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I liked it just as I like most filler episodes because I dislike 'to be continued' episodes. I like Doctor Who as a sci-fi/fantasy entertainment show and I don't like to be left in suspense on it, I like the quick stories they have. And Doctor Who will always have plot holes, it's a time-travel show

Lily Cole never did anything for me prior to that episode. Hot.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I never liked her before but she was gorgeous in this episode.

Episode was a bit weak overall, I thought, but then Dr Who is always really carried by the actors, and Matt Smith never fails to entertain thoroughly. And they clearly had fun packing in as many pirate tropes as they could which, honestly, is never a bad thing.

Also Rory seems to die more than Kenny.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

What is Rory anyway? Still plastic? In which case... if he's still immortal then how the hell is he having all these problems all of a sudden? I don't know about you, but if I'd survived thousands (?) of years, plagues, the Blitz, etc. then I'd be perfectly comfortable with a black mark because, well, I won't die from some Siren after my blood, I'm immortal and made of plastic. And after that, I won't die from water in my lungs, I'm immortal and made of plastic. You may sense a theme about to go on here.

no rory isnt plastic, time reseted until the day when amy first met the doctor, therefore rory being very human

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    What is Rory anyway? Still plastic? In which case... if he's still immortal then how the hell is he having all these problems all of a sudden? I don't know about you, but if I'd survived thousands (?) of years, plagues, the Blitz, etc. then I'd be perfectly comfortable with a black mark because, well, I won't die from some Siren after my blood, I'm immortal and made of plastic. And after that, I won't die from water in my lungs, I'm immortal and made of plastic. You may sense a theme about to go on here.
    I think you may just have answered your own question.

Plus, y'know, Amy pregnancy debacle. Don't think plastic men can get girls knocked up.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyRedXIII View Post
    no rory isnt plastic, time reseted until the day when amy first met the doctor, therefore rory being very human
    On the contrary, he remembers the thousand years he protected Amy for, as referenced in either the most recent episode or perhaps the one before it.

aye but as the doctor said in the previous series "nothing is ever forgotten"

This may be wrong but is it possible that the silence were protecting the human race from much worse? I mean if they can plant post-hypnotic suggestions in the mind then perhaps they were keeping something much worse away from earth. Now that the doctor has put the silence on the run, perhaps this much worse thing will come and kill the doctor. Would be a good logic loop. Silence drive astronaut-thing away, Doctor defeats silence, astronaut-thing comes back, kills doctor. The kind of paradox they implied in the last season.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The ominous arc words last season were "Silence will fall". Which we assumed meant that Silence was going to descend and reign - but actually it seems to mean that The Silence are going to fall. I wonder if Caboose isn't on to something, that removing The Silence will usher in something worse.