Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who series 6 (spoilers)

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

You can see the trailer and a "prequel" on the BBC website.

Decent episode, and the inevitable scene of someone dying in their own arms wasn't as cringeworthy as I thought it would be.

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

well dying in there "flesh" arms you mean

EDIT: security software with the very latest "UPGRADE"??? is it just me?
    Last edited by ScottyRedXIII; 05-28-2011 at 10:37 PM.
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

next weeks one looks awesome,
    I saw the promo pics on digitalspy
    I am very happy to see the return of River's dress, I shelled out 80 bucks on that so i could have the same one and i'm glad she's wearing in again.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The Neil Gaiman episode (Doctor's Wife) has been the best of the season. Really, really loved it. The following epsidode (first Ganger ep)... ugh. Not at all. I thought ti was so generic and boilerplate. The second part... a bit better. The ending was amazing. I didn't see that coming at all. They got some 'splaining to do in the next episode!

Also... I really don't understand why The Doctor did that (SPOILER)to Amy's Ganger. WTF was that about? Hadn't they just spent two episodes teaching us to embrace Gangers?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I believe he did that as (SPOILER)she was pregnant and needed to wake up. Her real body was in stasis elsewhere while her ganger was around, so once her ganger died, her real body woke up and her conciousness returned to it. This also allowed her to have her baby.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Has anyone seen that promo clip with (SPOILER)Victorian River and (SPOILER)Roman Rory

They look so awesome. i can't wait
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Articles

Yeah, I saw it. Looked great! Also I swear that blue bloke was briefly in the finale of last season when River put microexplosives in his wine too.

EDIT: Welp.

Also I fell head over heels in love with the title of the next episode, as you can probably tell.

Also also, that Sontaran was smurfing incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

Also also, that Sontaran was smurfing incredible.
    Best thing in the episode.

Also......Yet more homosexuals LOL

wow i loved that episode! That sontaran was hilarious, plus that lesbian alien/servant girl was suprising, what with that dirty tongue Joke LMAO. And the "that would be a totally different type of birthday" aka the "River Sandwich" she alludes to (to her own father no less). smutty stuff but hilarious.
    Remember that well.

Articles

Yeah Doctor Who under Moffat has become hilariously smutty, probably even more than a Carry On film. Can't wait for the Daily Mail campaign to ban it!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Yeah Doctor Who under Moffat has become hilariously smutty, probably even more than a Carry On film. Can't wait for the Daily Mail campaign to ban it!
    Like I said. Gay heroes & Gay villains are absolutely fine. However when it becomes disproportionate it becomes the main talking point. Very much like disproportionate use of anything in a movie (violence, sex, etc.). You can't keep pulling 'OMG THEY'RE GAY I NEVER SEEN THAT COMING UNTIL JUST THAT MOMENT' card for shock & titilation.

However, it was a great show.

Blog Entries

Well you cant gauruntee that the proportions are different. Maybe homosexuality is only an issue on earth and the rest of the universe doesnt even consider it an important thing.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok the episode blew me away, seriously.

First up good call to Penelo Ratsbane, you called River Song as Amy's daughter, something I myself had begun to consider around the 3rd episode. Especially once the riddle of "the only water in the forest is the river" riddle came up. As soon as River said she couldn't go and then you see the name "Melody Pond" on the side of the incubation crib you know, you just know that it's River.

This also put a damn good spin on the whole first two episodes. We know it was River Song/Melody Pond in the space suit now. We also know that adult River shoots at it with her magnum, 6 shots which seemingly miss, except River Song is the one person in the universe where missing I doubt is actually possible. Perhaps she didn't miss but it was deemed impossible for her to kill herself? I don't know. It also makes me think of every River episode ever, she told Rory that she went to prison for killing the best man the Doctor had ever known, I've long suspected she killed the Doctor himself. Now it's confirmed......

my head just entered thermo nuclear meltdown after a good few beers, 2 movies and a Doctor Who episode watched at 2:30 am. I'm just going to say "lets kill Hitler" now and end before my mind goes critical.

Blog Entries

I hope the little girl in the space suit isnt something that obvious. Hopefully they'll pull a more unexpected twist on us. Like it is river but after she died and regenerated in the library episode or something
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh man that episode was awesome. Just awesome. Matt Smith is easily my favorite Doctor now, I've just loved the whole damn thing, and Moffat seems to get my back up a lot less about being too casual with continuity and stuff.