Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Favorite Sword out of...

Fully Restored

Well, the weapon Murasame is in FF4, FF5 and FF Tactics and each of those games have Katana type weapons in them. Hope that answers something since I have no idea what you guys are debating about.
    Yes.

You didn't include Atma Weapon you evail person!!
    Out of the list I got to say Ragnarok, if just for the name (All the damn swords look different in different FFs anyway!!).
    Last edited by Zifnab; 03-06-2002 at 11:47 AM.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Out of the choices I would have to say Ragnarok.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Originally posted by Cloud of Midgar
    You didn't include Atma Weapon you evail perosn!!
    Atma Weapon is Ultima Weapon. "Atma" was just another of Woolsey's many horrible mistranslations.

Default Re: Mine is...

Originally posted by Mikaga
    Masmune, or Masamune/Murasame (Various spellings. Masamune seems to be the most common.

Why didn't you make this a poll?
    umm... the murasame is a different sword...

anyways I like the Ragnarok

Well, once again, I further deepen the discussion. Also, I add another sword to the discussion; Tidus's Caladbolg in Final Fantasy Ten.
    In Final Fantasy One, you can get both Excalibur (XCalber/XCalbur) and Masamune (Masmune), and the Masmune is the stronger sword. But, XCalbur has "hidden benefits" if you know what I mean.
    Furthermore, Final Fantasy Ten once again revolutionizes this thread. Auron's Masamune...stronger than the Caladbolg??? I would like it if someone were to post Caladbolg's power as opposed to Auron's Masamune.
    And still, there's the question of (loser of argument of Caladbolg and Masamune) vs. Ragnarok/Illumina vs. Ultima Weapon.
    *sigh*
    Plus, again, Final Fantasy Eleven may reveal the secrets.
    In Final Fantasy Two (J)again, XCalibr is less in strength, but also in benefits, than the Masmune.
    In Final Fantasy Three (J), for the sake of argument, we will add the Onion as a great sword: the best in the game, and strangely enough, Ragnarok is better (by far) than Excalibur. There is no Masamune.
    Also, in Chrono Trigger, the Frog's Masamune and Masamune II are not Katanas, therefore not part of this discussion.
    So now I also change my original vote from Excalibur to
    In Final Fantasy Four (J), the Crystal/Ragnarok is the strongest sword, Excalibur being second.
    Masamune, based solely on Final Fantasy One.
    List of Swords:
    Excalibur
    Masamune
    Crystal/Illumina/Ragnarok
    Ultima Weapon
    Caladbolg
    Onion
    *Searching for XCalber*

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Caladbolg's name was Ultima Weapon in the Japanese version of FFX. They are essentially the same sword, although Caladbolg is a more original name.

Masamune or Mastermune or whatever...

Excalibur is cool too.

Now the argument is so deep, I think I'm stepping in it. *end bad pun*
    Now, Final Fantasy Five confuses us even more! Because of this, we must add the fact that Ragnarok is stronger than Excalibur once again, and Masamune. So also, we must add the other sword that is stronger than Excalibur, the Brave Blade. And, we must also add the Strato katana, which is stronger than Masamune in this particular game. But, Excalibur and Brave Blade have more "benefits" than Ragnarok, and Masamune has more "benefits" than Strato. In turn, Excalibur, though more weak than Brave Blade, has more "benefits". Not in this discussion, are the two strongest Lances and strongest bow, stronger than Masamune and Excalibur, but not included, since they're not swords.
    In Final Fantasy Six, well, we'll not cover that, since it's too confusing with the Ultima (Atma) Weapon's "potential" power. Also, Ragnarok/Illumina is stronger than Excalibur.
    In Final Fantasy Nine, Steiner's Ragnarok is stronger than Excalibur once again. But, could the Ultima Sword be considered the Ultima Weapon? If so, it's weaker than both Excalibur and Ragnarok, but in Final Fantasy Seven, it's clearly stronger than Ragnarok. Then comes the Daggers of Zidane, of which Ultima Weapon is the strongest, and Masamune is only FOURTH strongest!! Or are they completely different things. How could the Masamune be a Dagger, anyway, for in Final Fantasy Seven, it's clearly five to seven feet long!
    My vote still stands at Masamune.
    And why haven't we seen Excalibur since Final Fantasy Six? Broken, perhaps. Or was it too "plain" for later games. Perhaps it had something to do with being the last Nintendo-sold game.
    Our sword list now reads:
    Atma/Ultima Sword/Weapon
    Brave Blade
    Caladbolg
    Crystal/Illumina/Ragnarok
    Excalibur
    Masamune
    Onion
    Strato
    Phew!
    *Searching for XCalber*

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Illumina/Lightbringer is a completely different sword than Ragnarok, and as I've said before, Caladbolg and Ultima Weapon are the same thing. And since Ultima Weapon and Ultima Sword can be seen together in the same game, it's also safe to say that they are two different weapons.

Originally posted by Fighter2knight
    Then comes the Daggers of Zidane, of which Ultima Weapon is the strongest, and Masamune is only FOURTH strongest!! Or are they completely different things. How could the Masamune be a Dagger, anyway, for in Final Fantasy Seven, it's clearly five to seven feet long!
    Zidane can also be equipped with double-swords, not just daggers. Uhhhh have you completed the game yet? Anyways, I'd say my favorite sword is the Ultima Weapon, I like blue swords. The Ragnarok is cool but it's different in each game, so I think the best Ragnarok would have to be Cloud's.

What I've Done... The Amazing Spiderman's Avatar

Excalibur
    FFT Class Reviews:

Lancer - Monk - Ninja - Bard

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'd say the Ultima Weapon, particularly Cloud's version of it. Which looks identical to the sword that the Ultima Weapon monster in FFVIII wields. (Does that mean the Ultima Weapon is holding the Ultima Weapon?)

Cloud's ultimate sword
    Squall's ulitimate sword
    Tidus's ulitmate sword
    Sephiroth's sword

Best weapons of the coolest heroes/villian of Final Fantasy series. Enough said. My favorites.

But all swords mentioned earlier on post are also cool as well.
    Summon PETS: FENRIR, IFRIT,RAMUH, SHIVA, GARUDA, LEVIATHAN, TITAN, CARBUNCLE
    ELEMENTALS: DARK, ICE, FIRE, THUNDER, EARTH, WIND, WATER AND LIGHT
    http://rom.gloriousff.com

All of those you just named, Kalel, were already mentioned,
    Cloud's is Ultima Weapon, I think Squall's is, too. Tidus's is Caladbolg, and Sephiroth's sword is Masamune.
    *Searching for XCalber*