Thread: Star Wars thread

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Let's do some Star Wars brain teasers. Only 4 characters appeared in all 6 movies:

• Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi
    • C-3PO
    • R2-D2

Only two characters appeared in excactly 5 movies (I'm not counting clones of Jango Fett as 'characters'):
    • Palpatine
    • Yoda

Those were easy. But how many characters appeared in exactly 4, 3, or 2 movies (not counting extended editions)?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

There's definitely not enough jar jar love in this thread!

Also, @del; jabba has to be one of them (either three or four I guess), I guess anakin's mum was in 2, padme was in 3. There's got to be a pretty extensive list though.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

People I can think of:

4 - Jabba the Hutt, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca
    3 - Han Solo, Jar Jar Binks, Boba Fett (or it may be 4 for Boba), Padme Amidala, Mace Windu
    2 - Watto, Anakin's mother, Lando Calrissian
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

The senator played by Jimmy Smitts was in 2 or 3 as well, wasn't he? And if you want to be picky you can list council members and stuff, but I'll leave that to Eric.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't count Jaba's appearance in A New Hope so he doesn't count. I too only have Luke, Leia and Chewie for 4 movies.

3 movies is a bit harder, since anyone who was in a full trilogy counts as well as anyone who was in two movies of one trilogy and one movie of the other (such as Boba Fett). In particular, random Jedi Council members make this hard. Like the conehead one. Also, charlie you forget an obvious character from the OT! And the Viceroy and his assistant.

Two movies is almost impossible to anyone who isn't a super hardcore fan. I think Bail Organa is only in two movies, unless you count his screams from A New Hope that Obi-Wan hears.

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

I'm old school so I have to say for 3 movies the obvious non main character is Wedge Antilles and for 2 movies Lando Calrissian comes to mind. No one comes to mind for four movies, but I haven't seen Episode 3 and Episodes 1 and 2 just weren't that memorable to me. However, I will keep thinking on it.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't want to waste my time on council members, Phil. There's too many. And the only cool ones had their scenes deleted.

smurf it, I'll use them anyways.

The coolest Jedi known to man, Quinlan Vos, was to be in Episode III, but for some unholy reason they decided not to cast anyone for him. He got special mention at least, right before Obi-Wan took off for Saleucami. HOWEVER, his character was based off of a background character in Episode I, the guy sitting at the table with Sebulba iirc, so technically he appeared in one movie.

Qui-Gon Jinn would have "appeared" in Revenge of the Sith as well, but, again, Lucas decided to cut that scene. If you remember at the end of III, Yoda tells Obi-Wan about an old friend who has learned to communicate from beyond the grave and Qui-Gon's voice was to be heard. I like to think Lucas knew I would have my pants if that happened and decided to cut it for my sake.

Jabba only appeared in two movies, I and VI. If you count The Clone Wars animated movie, he was in three. And if you count the remastered version of A New Hope he was in four.

Boba Fett was in three movies, II, V, and VI. Four if you, again, count the remastered edition of A New Hope.

Jar Jar was in three, I, II, and III, but in the... I think it was the 30th anniversary DVD of VI, you can hear Jar Jar's voice shout out "Wesa finally free!" in the added celebration scene on Naboo. I suppose in a way he was in four.

I don't remember if Wedge was in two or three. I can't for the life of me place him in VI.

That's all I can remember atm.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Wedge was the X-Wing with Lando that blew up the second Death Star. He was Red Leader! How could you have forgotten that!

'I'm already on my way out!' - Wedge

Liam Neeson was injured in a motorcycle accident during the filming of Revenge of the Sith so couldn't do the cool ghost scene. So that at least wasn't Lucas's fault. But maybe that was for the best because what would he say? 'Uh, yeah sorry for insisting you guys train Anakin and causing all those Jedi deaths. My bad.'

Articles
    Blog Entries

Jabba wasn't in V? Weird, I remembered him as being in there, but I really have to watch them all again anyway.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Wedge was the X-Wing with Lando that blew up the second Death Star. He was Red Leader! How could you have forgotten that!

'I'm already on my way out!' - Wedge

Liam Neeson was injured in a motorcycle accident during the filming of Revenge of the Sith so couldn't do the cool ghost scene. So that at least wasn't Lucas's fault. But maybe that was for the best because what would he say? 'Uh, yeah sorry for insisting you guys train Anakin and causing all those Jedi deaths. My bad.'
    Oh, that's right. Now I remember.

"This is just a minor setback. There's still time. People come back from the Dark Side all the time... right?"

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Speaking of editions, does everyone in here agree that this is horrible?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, the least they could have done was add Qui-Gon if they were already going to smurf it up. He taught them how to do that!!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
    Speaking of editions, does everyone in here agree that this is horrible?
    My god, yes. Any fan of the original trilogy should want to see him less, not more.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't on that actor too badly. Consider the script he had to deal with? He did the best he could! xD

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That would have been smurfing epic if Qui-Gon had been like,
    "Anakin killed everyone...., my bad guys. "

Because I'm one hell of a butler.