Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default You be trollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Say what you will about the lack of plot in a Michael Bay film, but the man knows how to direct actions scenes. That's a talent sorely lacking in Hollywood right now, replaced by shaking cameras and general incoherence.
    Yeah, mainly in Michael Bay films!
    Michael Bay films have action sequences far more coherent than other staples such as the Borne or [recent] Bond series.

Michael Bay did direct The Rock as well as the Bad Boy films. Whether that makes up for what he later did is questionable but some degree of respect is deserved.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Say what you will about the lack of plot in a Michael Bay film, but the man knows how to direct actions scenes. That's a talent sorely lacking in Hollywood right now, replaced by shaking cameras and general incoherence.
    Yeah, mainly in Michael Bay films!
    Michael Bay films have action sequences far more coherent than other staples such as the Borne or [recent] Bond series.
    Comparing Michael Bay films (bar The Rock) to the Bourne series is like comparing vomit to champagne.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Comparing Michael Bay films (bar The Rock) to the Bourne series is like comparing vomit to champagne.
    Yeah, I agree. It's like comparing Arsene Wenger to Kenny Dalglish.

I HATE Michael Bay! Here's a gallery of my pain.

Me watching The Rock:

This is me and I'm not too pleased about Armaggedon:

Here I am enjoying Pearl Harbor:

Here's me watching Transformers:

This is me and some friends when Revenge of the Fallen came out. They were pretty pleased.

Here I am, complaining to a very handsome usher at the cinema, asking for my money back. He told me to piss off.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Imagining Wenger asking for money back like that at the cinema made me lol xD

Str8 Pimpin'

You're paying the bill for sewing my sides back together Psychotic!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    Call me sentimental but I watch a movie for the story, not to see a new line of merchandise for the Christmas season.
    You're doing it wrong.

And let's not quote box office grosses for the Transformers franchise, it's far too depressing to see.
    I actually like the fact that not everyone takes themselves so seriously that every film has to be The Black Swan or Schindler's List to be considered worthy of substancial profit.

I mean the first Transformers was alright but the second one was probably one of the worst films I've ever seen, but I still sat back in the theater with my friends and a few mixed drinks and had a blast.
    Last edited by DMKA; 04-29-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep, he directed the action in the original Transformers so well that I couldn't tell one visually incoherent machines ass from another. Seriously, any talent the man had dried up years ago and I have absolutely no problem saying that the action in both Transformers was at least every bit as incoherent as the last two Bourne films, Quantum of Solace, and everything else to utilize quick cuts and shaky cameras lately. Although that may actually be a bit generous since the Transformers in those movies are so poorly designed visually that they're hard to tell apart in actions scenes. Less mechanical mess and stronger silhouettes would have helped tremendously, but that's getting way off topic.

As for Arnie, I'm iffy about another Terminator movie in general, and moreso about him trying to play a Terminator what, 26 or 27 years later? He past his prime quite some time ago and the only way I see this even remotely working is if he's playing a character other than a Terminator. But that'd still be wierd to me, even if it was something like him playing the human template for the Terminator model.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I would have conceded that point up to Revenge of the Fallen. What the hell were 2/3's of those explosions even for?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Call me sentimental but I watch a movie for the story, not to see a new line of merchandise for the Christmas season.
    Call me simple but I watch a movie for the explosions and action, hence why the expendables was a very entertaining movie to me.
    You're simple. Really though, if that's you're deal, here's the most relevant to you series Bay has directed. They fit him perfectly. Babes? check. Cars? check. Helicopters and Planes? check. Explosions? check. Story? .........do explosions count?

Michael Bay-Victoria Secret Ad It's hilarious, but not work safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Michael Bay did direct The Rock as well as the Bad Boy films. Whether that makes up for what he later did is questionable but some degree of respect is deserved.
    I'll give you The Rock. Bad Boys.....it wasn't bad. Just a middle of the road buddy cop, action flick.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I actually liked T4 (T3 sucked though). I'm not really excited about Arnold coming back. He's way old and probably out of shape. What they could do is use images from T1 and T2 to make a digital Arnold and just have him do the voice over.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Someone actually said a Michael Bay film was better than any of the Bourne movies? Michael Bay's films could only be compared to that series in the same sentence if you were talking about the blood stained excrement that a Bourne film passed after being forced to sit through a Michael Bay movie... And even then it would be a long, complicated sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    You're doing it wrong.

And let's not quote box office grosses for the Transformers franchise, it's far too depressing to see.
    I actually like the fact that not everyone takes themselves so seriously that every film has to be The Black Swan or Schindler's List to be considered worthy of substancial profit.

I mean the first Transformers was alright but the second one was probably one of the worst films I've ever seen, but I still sat back in the theater with my friends and a few mixed drinks and had a blast.
    Yeah, because what I was saying there was 'summer blockbusters and action films are all bad, everything should be arthouse cinema'

And if I want action or a stereotypical popcorn movie, I'll watch Die Hard or Con Air or The Dark Knight or the first two Terminator films etc, I won't watch Transformers 2 as its offensive and just plain awful on every level.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

You're doing it wrong.

That's a negative Ghost Writer. I love a good action flick. It doesn't have to be crazy deep and artsy to be good.

The first two Terminators had a good story to get me interested, and engaging actors/actresses to flesh it out. Who doesn't like the original Star Wars trilogy?

Then you have films like Death Race 2000. They will only become popular 20 years from now when they're considered campy and retro. Just like the original Death Race.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

T1 is a classic
    T2 was wondeful
    T3 is meh
    T4 is MEEEEEEEHHHHH I CAN WATCH THIS...MAYBE...TO THE END...PERHAPS...I THINK

I can't imagine a fifth film being anything thing but awful.

Perhaps they should have Michael Bay or Roland Emmerich direct it. They're pretty good at squeezing the most entertainment out of an all but non-existent, terrible plot via over the top explosions.
    Its this way with all good movies:
    shrek 1- awesome
    shrek 2- ok...
    shrek 3- wth, this is the same bad guy from the last one...
    shrek 4- ..... ..... wtf. refund please

spiderman- ok, this is watchable.
    spiderman 2- this is ok, not bad
    spiderman 3- OE , how is even remotely good????

pirates otc- great film
    pirates 2 .... ok, not bad at all
    pirates 3.... actually this isnt a good example, this is a great film too.

you see what I mean though
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You're doing it wrong.

Yeah, because what I was saying there was 'summer blockbusters and action films are all bad, everything should be arthouse cinema'

And if I want action or a stereotypical popcorn movie, I'll watch Die Hard or Con Air or The Dark Knight or the first two Terminator films etc, I won't watch Transformers 2 as its offensive and just plain awful on every level.
    How are you even mentioning TDK and the original Terminator movies in the same sentence as the other two? TDK and T1 and T2 are all brilliant movies.