Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ten things you didn't know about Final Fantasy X

Is FFX the first and only FF game where another party member participates during a supermove (overdrive)?

By manipulating the affection. You can even determine whether it is Lulu, Yuna, or Rikku that shows up and throws the blitzball to Tidus for Blitz Ace. That has to be a first and only.

I know there was affection in FFVII. But, that was related to the date at the Golden Saucer not any limit break.
    ~ ♫ Maybe I'm a Lion ♫~

Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    In Final Fantasy X Tidus' name is never said by any NPC.
    This is not true. When you first get to Guadosalam a Guado blitzball player in a home/shop says something like: "Hey, you're Tidus right? From the Besaid Aurochs?". Not sure if the line is 100% correct, but I am a 100% sure he mentions the name.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some of the Besaid islanders call him by name, too, including one of the Aurochs I believe. Only in text, of course, but at least they refer to him by name, unlike his fellow heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Let's go to 200

13: Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy where you could customize weapons.
    14: Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy where you could customize armors.
    Have to take issue with this: do not the materia slots in FFVII weapons & armour constitute customisation features?

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I think he means that you can customize the abilities of the Weapons and Armor (i.e. break HP limit, break MP limit, etc.). In FFVII those were equipment slots that allowed you to equip materia. You weren't really customizing the weapons themselves in any way.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Some of these are so specific and ridiculous that its not even funny. It's almost at the point where you can start saying things like "FFX is the first game with a character named Tidus".

Of course, this is the case with all of the "fun facts" FF threads I've seen. Just had to get that off my chest, it's been irking me for a long time.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    "FFX is the first game with a character named Tidus".
    That is a good one! Add it to the list.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

I just want these threads to live up to their names ;_;

Let these things be things that most people actually *doesn't* know. Please?

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Try this then.

Final Fantasy X has the most Optional Bosses, some of which being the 35 extra challenge enemies in the Arena, Ultima and Omega Weapon, International Version adds the Dark Aeons and Penance, and this is just by fairly strict definitions.
    Final Fantasy is one of only two FF games to give a character a phobia (Rikku's Astraphobia), the first being FFV's Bartz and his acrophobia.
    Final Fantasy X is the first, and to the best of my knowledge, only Final Fantasy game to have weapons that are truly detrimental when equipped (Celestial Weapons with neither Sigil or Crest found)

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Guess View Post
    Final Fantasy X is the first, and to the best of my knowledge, only Final Fantasy game to have weapons that are truly detrimental when equipped (Celestial Weapons with neither Sigil or Crest found)
    It is not the only one, though I think you are right about it being the first (depending on how strictly you define "detrimental"). Master Monks in FFTA2 also feature this. About half of the weapons they can equip will actually lower their attack rating, due to the extremely high unarmed-attack bonus they get (I think they are the only one, but I haven't checked thoroughly).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Yes, Giga Guess, those are good ones. Needs more like that.

Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy where Drain and Osmose are first learned by a character who isn't a Black Mage. (Although every character could learn every ability, Wakka is usually the first who learns these spells)

Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy where characters talk to each other during normal battles, depending on what's happening. (In usually every battle; in the other games, it's only at times when the player needs to know something important during battle.)
    Last edited by Raian the Fallen; 10-29-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Guess View Post
    Try this then.

Final Fantasy X has the most Optional Bosses, some of which being the 35 extra challenge enemies in the Arena, Ultima and Omega Weapon, International Version adds the Dark Aeons and Penance, and this is just by fairly strict definitions.
    Final Fantasy is one of only two FF games to give a character a phobia (Rikku's Astraphobia), the first being FFV's Bartz and his acrophobia.
    FFXII has 45 Marks, 80 Rare Monsters, 7 optional Espers, Hell Wyrm, and Omega Mk XII, giving it quite a bit more optional bosses than FFX.

And don't forget the Excalipoor from FFV! That's the classic crap weapon that does nothing but handicap you with it's automatic 1 damage.

And even without the Sigil or Crests, the Celestial weapons still ignore defense, making them pretty good weapons even without any abilities and No AP.
    Currently writing a massive prequel to FFVI. Starts thousands of years before the game begins with the birth of magic, and chronicles the entire history of the FFVI world. Check it out!

Final Fantasy VI - The Sands of Time

Don't forget the fun fact about Lulu's dress.
    There we go :
    The intricate pattern of the belts on Lulu's dress was meant as a challenge ( by Tetsuya Nomura ) to the game's graphic design team, to see if they could keep it the same in every appearance. For this reason, Lulu is often seen from behind, from the waist up, or partially obscured by other character, to limit the amount of time spent maintaining the accuracy of the belts.
    Last edited by MarieFantasyx; 11-22-2016 at 04:31 AM. Reason: correcting writting error

2. FFX was the first FF game to have a direct sequel game

And it wasn't originally going to have a sequel, but fans loved short cutscene sequel called '' Final Fantasy X Eternal Calm '' so much that Square decided to go ahead and make a full-fledged sequel.