Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Wheel of Time

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Fitting that a post that is said to 'sum up' someone's views on this series is 7 paragraphs long.
    Yes. You also have to keep in mind who wrote it
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

I'm currently reading Lord of Chaos (chapter 25) and it's my first time through the series (a translation of WoT was hard to come by where I live, so I decided to order it for my Kindle). My reading speed is not so great as other say (maily because I read only when I travel to work and back, which takes at most 40 minutes each day), but so far I like the series a lot.

While I agree the books drag at a sluggish pace at times, I never skip a single paragraph just for the sake of my feel I have to complete everything thoroughly (I need to play Diasgaea to get rid of that habit).

I often find myself lost in the plethora of characters and places, especially when the Forsaken go on about the Age of Legends, so I got used to using WoT Encyclopaedia as a good reference guide. The bad thing is I wasn't careful enough a few times and let my eyes slip to the side notes, spoiling some of the future events.