Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you like about the game?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by CloudNyne View Post
    Well true but these bosses actually gave me a challenge. Other FF bosses arent that hard. If I recall I've beaten FF 7-10 without dying once. I can actually say I died a few times on some bosses in this game. Probably just because if the party leader dies its game over.

So what I really meant to say is that I like how these bosses actually gave me a challenge
    Yeah, that difficulty spike when you get to (SPOILER)Pulse is pretty crazy xD

(Also, I merged your posts. Double posting isn't allowed unless it's to say, update a thread with important news. Like new characters were just announced for an upcoming game, or you have new things to add to something like an art thread. Use the "Edit" button in the future, please! :</>D)

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ahh I see what you mean. Yeah there is a large difficulty spike in that game. I remember Sazh's esper/scion/whatever beat the crap out of me time and time again.
    (SPOILER)Pulse was a fun challenge but I hate how its nearly impossible to obtain money from that area though, I always end up going broke.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Did you ever fix Vanille's little robot pal? He gives you lots of things you can sell for lots of money o:

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Did you ever fix Vanille's little robot pal? He gives you lots of things you can sell for lots of money o:
    I don't think I got that far before my smurfing file corrupted.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I fixed the robo pal and it was awesome! I didn't expect anything to happen and suddenly I was scoring sweet loot.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I just enjoyed the game itself as a whole. The best stuff for me include...

The group of characters - I think the depth given to the lead playable characters is beyond anything we've got out of an FF game before.

The beautiful visuals - The scenery is immense, the characters emotions visible beyond anything I've seen in a game and the FMVs awesome.

The battle system - Just really liked it, I gotta say. Particularly the speed and flow of things, even when you change system it flowed excellently.

The little comments made as you move around - You know, the things that show up at the bottom of your screen.

Frocobo - Frocobo!

The L'cie/Fal'cie theme going on - I really liked how the characters weren't simply trying to save the world, they were also trying to save themselves and clearly going through a rather traumatic time with it. It wasn't a simple do or die thing - it was a case of them having to figure out their purpose, to decide whether to save themselves or to save Cocoon, stuff like that... there was clearly a lot more thought put into how the characters would be involved in the story than the usual "oh, rag tag team of adventurers meet up and..."
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I like this game because of graphics/charecters etc, I have no problem what so ever with ff13.,

My favourite thing about ff13 is that after completing the game for the 1st time, any other playthroughs I have been able to watch tv or play football manager on the laptop whist playing ff13 as well. Who said men can't multi task

The story/setting, (some) of the characters, and the graphics. Everything else about it sucked.

Although I have a negative opinion of the game for the most part, there are redeeming qualities. Most notably, the graphics are absolutely stunning. This applies to both character and location design. In addition, Jihl Nabaat is a very interesting character. She's one of the few things that stood out for me in the game.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I liked the main playable characters for the most part. In the beginning I really liked Lightning and Sazh. In the end I liked Hope and Fang, mostly because they had the most 'development' (I hate using that word because it's been used so much to describe the characters in this game that it has lost all meaning, but there it is). Barthandelus was also a decent villain for the screentime he had.

I liked the battles in that they were fast paced and innovative. The sytem clearly put strategy at the forefront and that made for some challenging battles. The boss battles were definitely more challenging than most other FF games.

The graphics were beautiful. Gran Pulse was absolutely stunning. I really loved the wide open area of Gran Pulse. I wished there were more areas like that in the game.

I liked that each character had only a few select roles they could play in battle and access to the other roles only came late in the game. I like it when the characters have defined roles.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I generally liked that the game very much "got to the point" and many things didn't become a chore. I prefer linear games instead of huge open worlds (like FFX's "The Calm Lands" which I thought was a waste of time because it takes an eternity to travese while you're getting into tons of random battles galore!) and I was happy that FFXIII didn't put so much useless crap to show how big it could be.

I liked that after a battle you didn't have to heal your characters which is a time saver. I loved the battle system and in tougher battles, it can be exhiliarating. Graphically it was a beautiful game and I was surprised how good the music was too. I also like that there was no penalty for getting killed too which should be manditory in most games instead of forcing the player to waste his/her time going through hours of gameplay all over again because they didn't save.

In general, I found it was good for SE to once again experiment with the series. In a competitive RPG market, SE has no other choice but to try some new things.

I love the game.

I love everything. Especially I the graphics on my 40 inch LED TV

Having gone from a 20-something tube-TV to a 37" LCD (got it used), I definitely understand rgordon's sentiments.

But... Well, not that I've completed it, but I pretty much like it across the board. Maybe the monster names and designs are just a tad over the top, and the emotions run maybe a little high on occasion, but that's all my complaints so far. My favourite FF hands down!
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

The graphics are worth mentioning yes.

How the environment is used and enemies placed around like that and you can see them from afar.

And then I get to horrid. I didn't like it that leader dies it's game over. I appreciate the randomness that you could get killed by the enemies simply bashing up your lead. But for real. Come on. In every other game the lead could be saved if someone else was still alive.

"Snow got knocked out!!!"
    Hope: "Oh no Snow is down!!! What are we gonna do Fang?! Q_Q"
    Fang: "Use the Phoenix Downs!"
    Hope: "I can't we didn't share those, he has them all in his pockets! T_T"
    Fang: "Meh... We've lost... Let's let those wolves eat us up..."

Edit: In XII if your lead got knocked out, died, sent in to oblivion, you passed the command to someone else!

Then the battle system was lame... Was like watching a movie pass by. If it would count as a movie it was pretty good and long overall.

If you wanted the easy way you take the aggressive character and let the com buff, debuff. Harder way, you take the healing and buff, debuff role.
    When you learnt to use it right you could attack multiple targets effectively, especially after you get those area spells. There were parts where you could feel yourself overpowered against a very tough enemy.
    It made me miss XII style where you could turn the automated fight on and off if you wanted to control your teammates yourself. (This however would've cost some of the smoothness) And the gambits, ooh I loved them. Your characters were just as prepared and smart as you wanted them to be. This time. Well the example above just tells it all.
    Last edited by 10-Breaker; 07-19-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    ~I am the Aeon of will and strength, I protect my beloved and that's all I wish to be needed to do~