Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you like about the game?

Default What did you like about the game?

Some of the topics here are less than positive, but this game certainly had its good points as well.

The thing I loved most about it is that the characters actually seem to like each other and become friends.
    In XII they were mostly three pairs that just decided to work together, while in VIII everyone seemed more interested in what Squall and Rinoa felt than their own problems. The people of X were a little closer, but most were there to protect Yuna.

I like how in XIII they have lots of conflicts with each other, resolve these and begin to trust and like each other.

Hope really brought out the best in Lightning, while the interaction between Sasz and Vanille was interesting as well. Fang and Lightning, both battle hardened, relied on each other and Lightning came to see Snow's dedication and appreciate it, etc etc

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I thought the battle system was fresh, and I appreciated that. I don't think it was perfect, but it was certainly a good step.

I actually liked the characters too.

The battle system was very well thought out and carried the game as far as I'm concerned. The music is also very good.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

A lot of people are down on the Pulse chapters because they kind of only open up a little bit after so much hallway-running. Sure it's big and open, but there's only really more fighting to be done.

Still, it's when the battle system actually starts to become interesting. The hunts are a passable diversion, too. There's nothing inherently wrong here, but it's touted as the "high" point of the game, and it's kinda sorta not all that high. That said, it's probably the freshest part of the game. Traveling between zones is even kind of exhilarating since you never know what you're going to stumble on next. It shouldn't have taken an unholy amount of time for the game to open up in this way, but so it goes.

I also liked Oerba. It really didn't have a whole lot of storyline punch and kind of just seemed to be there, but it was smurfing pretty and had this as its BGM: YouTube - Final Fantasy XIII Dust to Dust

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Just, everything! The music, the story, the battle system, the environment!

There's only one thing I was dissatisfied with, and that's this part of the ending:
    (SPOILER)
    Nobody should have woken up from crystal stasis fine and dandy. Fang and Vanille didn't wake up until centuries after they were crystallized, and only because they still had a focus to complete. If it were a case of "oh well all the fal'Cie are dead so they're free!" then Fang and Vanille should be free as well. It just doesn't work!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It is fun to play.

I agree with ♪ about the ending.

• The battle system
    • The way Vanille runs
    • Afro
    • So gorgeous I had to shave and dress nice or I felt bad in comparison
    • Amusement park trip in the middle of a bunch of melodramatic crap happening
    • Piggyback ride in the sunset

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post

There's only one thing I was dissatisfied with, and that's this part of the ending:
    (SPOILER)
    Nobody should have woken up from crystal stasis fine and dandy. Fang and Vanille didn't wake up until centuries after they were crystallized, and only because they still had a focus to complete. If it were a case of "oh well all the fal'Cie are dead so they're free!" then Fang and Vanille should be free as well. It just doesn't work!
    (SPOILER)Well Fang and Vanille did turn into Ragnarok and stop Cucoon from crashing into Pulse. Didn't they turn into the arm thing that's holding it in place now? If they were de-cryastalized, then cucoon would come crashing down. The only reason why the others got out were because they weren't part of the heroics lol!

The two biggest thing that I liked were the battle-system and the music. I loved the Music when facing the end bosses! The battle system was fresh, intuitive and a well needed face-lift for the barren JRPG world! Some of the characters were good too, like Lightning, Sazh and (to a certain degree) Snow! The CGI cutscenes were also amazing. I liked all the battle/action-heavy ones!

Blog Entries

The battle system was great. I like how fast-paced it was relative to other entries in the series.

Oh, and Frocobo.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The characters, especially Sazh and Vanille, were very likable. The battle system was quite challenging, and the music was the best I've heard in a long while.

The game is far from perfect, but there are some excellent aspects to it.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Other than the fact that in the beginning all the characters were much more-than-annoying they seemed to become much more likable by the mid-point. Hell Vanille was basically hitting on Hope for the first portion. I enjoyed the game for the most part but I constantly found myself forgetting it even existed for long periods of time. Also after about 60 hours in my data got corrupted so I don't see myself ever completing it now. Battle system was nice even though many people bashed it constantly, music... I don't remember any, and the graphics of course were phenomenal.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I liked how the bosses get more challenging the further you get into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudNyne View Post
    I...uh....Doesn't that happen in all games? Or is supposed to happen for most games?

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudNyne View Post
    I...uh....Doesn't that happen in all games? Or is supposed to happen for most games?
    I... think so
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Well true but these bosses actually gave me a challenge. Other FF bosses arent that hard. If I recall I've beaten FF 7-10 without dying once. I can actually say I died a few times on some bosses in this game. Probably just because if the party leader dies its game over.

So what I really meant to say is that I like how these bosses actually gave me a challenge