Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just cried...

Default I just cried...

Or rather I welled up manly tears of joy at the end of The Shawshank Redemption last night. A tear didn't roll down cheek, but it was close.
    The only other time that's ever happened to me for a film or TV show was the one off show 'United' which was on a couple of weeks ago, which was kinda like a drama about the Munich Air Disaster. At the end of that I welled up again.

Am I starting to go soft? Or are these tears justified? When was the last time (if ever) you cried, or almost cried, when watching a film or tv show?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know a single person who saw Up and didn't cry. That includes a pretty decent handful of guys.

Yes, you're going soft. Embrace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    Or rather I welled up manly tears of joy at the end of The Shawshank Redemption last night. A tear didn't roll down cheek, but it was close.
    The only other time that's ever happened to me for a film or TV show was the one off show 'United' which was on a couple of weeks ago, which was kinda like a drama about the Munich Air Disaster. At the end of that I welled up again.

Am I starting to go soft? Or are these tears justified? When was the last time (if ever) you cried, or almost cried, when watching a film or tv show?
    I welled up at United too. such a show. Such a team. Such a club.

WE'LL NEVER DIE

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Toy Story 3.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I don't know a single person who saw Up and didn't cry. That includes a pretty decent handful of guys.

My housemate and her friend, for reasons that even they can't explain, just didn't get why people find it sad. They sat and laughed at the retardedness of it
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

uhhhhh....lemme think. It definitely wasn't UP. People cried at that?!?!

I didn't well up at Saving Private Ryan. I thought I would. It had some tough parts.

I might have welled up a little when Rocco died in Boondock Saints. Can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post

Hahaha for my 20th birthday, my friends made me watch Up. I saw the depressing beginning, fell asleep shortly after, and woke up during the credits. I will always remember it as a sad smurfing movie that had no resolution.

I just can't stay awake during movies. They always feel like a chore to watch.

I last cried while watching Departures. I cry too much though (for a guy anyway).

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay so The Walking Dead. The last scene of the second to last episode of the season. I almost lost my mind.

When we were kids my sister had this movie called "The Seventh Brother" about a puppy who gets left by his humans in a park and is adopted by rabbits. And the part where his humans are leaving or something and he is barking and barking and sad MAN I used to cryyyyy.

I also cried the first time I saw Steel Magnolias. I got a bit teary with Up, when he (SPOILER)reads about their adventure towards the end, and how she'd filled her whole book with photos of them and stuff. Yes. almost cry times.

Signature by rubah. I think.

I cry all the time because I am a big stupid baby who wears diapers.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Okay so The Walking Dead. The last scene of the second to last episode of the season. I almost lost my mind.

When we were kids my sister had this movie called "The Seventh Brother" about a puppy who gets left by his humans in a park and is adopted by rabbits. And the part where his humans are leaving or something and he is barking and barking and sad MAN I used to cryyyyy.

I also cried the first time I saw Steel Magnolias. I got a bit teary with Up, when he (SPOILER)reads about their adventure towards the end, and how she'd filled her whole book with photos of them and stuff. Yes. almost cry times.
    The Walking Dead is pretty damn good!

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

Sadly, I cry at anything emotionally moving, including Hallmark commericials. This may be the reason that I don't watch much t.v., and rarely see movies.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I cry like a bitch

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Grave of the Fireflies. Such a good movie, but it's so sad. :kaocry2:

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The part in (SPOILER)Marley & Me at the end when the dog dies made me well up with tears. Reminded me of (SPOILER)a puppy I had that died & the fact that my dog now is really old (he's 14) & will probably be dead soon

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've cried during a few movies, most notable though is Dead Poet's Society. That movie made me its bitch.