Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fan Theories

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

CUCH IF YOU ARE SO AGAINST WASTING TIME THEN WHY ARE YOU ON EOFF AND ALSO WITH 2,999 POSTS DO YOU NOT SEE A SMALL AMOUNT OF NONSENSE IN THIS LINE OF REASONING

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    CUCH IF YOU ARE SO AGAINST WASTING TIME THEN WHY ARE YOU ON EOFF AND ALSO WITH 2,999 POSTS DO YOU NOT SEE A SMALL AMOUNT OF NONSENSE IN THIS LINE OF REASONING
    This.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    I didn't like the Squall's dead theory becuase it looked to me like the guy/girl who did it hated FFVIII and wanted to rewrite the story. I've never liked R=U, becuase I just can't see enough evidence for it - G=S is more interesting, but R=U needs to be true for it to work, so I can't use it. Also, am I the only one who notices that Ultimecia and Rinoa have different voices?
    Yeah, they're both extremely far-fetched and very obviously not canon. I regard them about the same as all of the bull metaphors that high school English insists are in classic novels, even long after the author says "no, no that's not what I meant." Some of them are interesting, even if they aren't what the author had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Fan Theories are for nerds with way too much time on their hands. Allow me to be the pin that pops bubbles. Unless the writers wrote it, it didn't happen. You're all making your own dots to connect.
    Well no , Cuch, it's all just for fun. Well uh, for most of us anyway. I won't mention any names or post any very interesting but "oh god what do you guys do all day how is this even possible" links.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post

i caught a fishy

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Well no , Cuch, it's all just for fun. Well uh, for most of us anyway. I won't mention any names or post any very interesting but "oh god what do you guys do all day how is this even possible" links.
    That's the Cathy Bates type I'm talking about. I mean smurf.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only fan theory I can think of is about Lost ie that the writers should have had an ending in mind when the show started

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bull. Writers all think these 'theorists' are freaks of nature without any semblance of a life & panders to their insane ramblings to make more money & not upset the lunatic fanbase. If you are one of these obsessed fans then I'd seek help you Cathy Bates Mother smurfer. Oh, .
    You might want to familiarize yourself with this page.
    Sure, Why Not? - Television Tropes & Idioms

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Bull. Writers all think these 'theorists' are freaks of nature without any semblance of a life & panders to their insane ramblings to make more money & not upset the lunatic fanbase. If you are one of these obsessed fans then I'd seek help you Cathy Bates Mother smurfer. Oh, .
    You kind of just proved my point with the opening quote genius boy. Whatever shall you do next? REALLY annoy me by getting the hottest woman you know to bounce on my lap?

Blog Entries

You kind of just proved my point with the opening quote genius boy. Whatever shall you do next? REALLY annoy me by getting the hottest woman you know to bounce on my lap?
    I Knew It - Television Tropes & Idioms
    Word Of Dante - Television Tropes & Idioms
    Canon Immigrant - Television Tropes & Idioms

Blow me.

Blow me.
    what's that supposed to prove?

Blog Entries

Um, that you're wrong.

"The Expanded Universe is a wonderful place, where new ideas can frolic without having to worry about fitting into the canon. However, sometimes an idea is so interesting that the people who create the canon decide it deserves to become real. "

"It's well known that wild fan theories are prone to being Jossed.

Sometimes, however, the opposite happens: after much speculation, a fan theory is finally confirmed in canon, proving that the trees were, in fact, epileptic all along. Cue the perpetrators of the theory exclaiming: "I Knew It!. Told you so!" "

"Word Of God is stuff the creators have said is true about their universe, even though it's not in the actual work.

Word Of Dante is stuff the creators haven't said is true about their universe — but everyone assumes it is true because an independent authority, scholar of the work, or Big Name Fan has said it — often with supporting arguments. It's a kind of ascended Fanon. A more literary criticism friendly technical term for it would be deuterocanon."
    (counts because everything thinks this is true anyway)

Um, that you're wrong.

"The Expanded Universe is a wonderful place, where new ideas can frolic without having to worry about fitting into the canon. However, sometimes an idea is so interesting that the people who create the canon decide it deserves to become real. "

"It's well known that wild fan theories are prone to being Jossed.

Sometimes, however, the opposite happens: after much speculation, a fan theory is finally confirmed in canon, proving that the trees were, in fact, epileptic all along. Cue the perpetrators of the theory exclaiming: "I Knew It!. Told you so!" "

"Word Of God is stuff the creators have said is true about their universe, even though it's not in the actual work.

Word Of Dante is stuff the creators haven't said is true about their universe — but everyone assumes it is true because an independent authority, scholar of the work, or Big Name Fan has said it — often with supporting arguments. It's a kind of ascended Fanon. A more literary criticism friendly technical term for it would be deuterocanon."
    (counts because everything thinks this is true anyway)
    how does this prove me wrong?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It doesn't prove you're wrong, it just proves you don't understand the media as well as you're implying you do. On each of those pages that you probably didn't look at are examples proving Julian's point.

I agree that many people spend too much time on these strange theories, but if they're having fun the who cares. When it gets crazy like so-and-so is so-and-so's father and they cram it down your throat as fact, then I think it's okay to get your panties in a bunch.

Man, this conversation is incredible.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I do enjoy the way things around here tend to descend into an argument at the drop of a hat

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    I do enjoy the way things around here tend to descend into an argument at the drop of a hat
    No they don't