Thread: Fan Theories

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Default Fan Theories

Are there any theories that you find make a work of fiction a lot of fun to experience a second time? Or maybe you like to make theories yourself!

As for me, I like the theory that Edea's ice attack actually kills Squall at the end of Disc 1, and everything after that is all some weird limbo dream. Even R = U is pretty interesting! Of course I don't think these are canon, but pretending they are gives the story a whole new experience (which is pretty hard to do during your eighth time through the game).

For theories I actually believe, "'James Bond' is just a code name" comes pretty close.

Share!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like the theories involving Chell's parentage that came out of Portal 2's release.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Portal 2 everyone has it but meeeee ;_;

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Portal 2 everyone has it but meeeee ;_;
    And meeeee ;_;

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Portal 2

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I didn't like the Squall's dead theory becuase it looked to me like the guy/girl who did it hated FFVIII and wanted to rewrite the story. I've never liked R=U, becuase I just can't see enough evidence for it - G=S is more interesting, but R=U needs to be true for it to work, so I can't use it. Also, am I the only one who notices that Ultimecia and Rinoa have different voices?

Obviously I am a huge fan of Future Esthar's theories, even though I don't agree with every single thing he says, most of it sounds plausable, and it's really fun to read his stuff. Even the parts I'm not 100% convinced are correct I can easilly see how he came up with the theory based on what is true in the game. The ones I really like are Well Organized Time Compression, that Hyne might be possessing Ultimecia, and that an Ellone based password is hidden in the Ragnorak code. Also, even if it isn't Hyne, I sometimes theorise that maybe Ultimecia was possesed by someone, something FE pointed out about the final battle helps support this.

I don't know who came up with it, but I like the theory that FFIX's Vivi is actually named after Final Fantasy.

I have made various FF based theories, but some of them (J=U) have been disproven already, while some (that the clones in FFVII are really (SPOILER)the surviors of the fire 5 years ago turned out to be true. Others are still open for debate. I'll post them one day, even the ones that I no longer believe so you can see them (I'll be sure to state that I no longer believe them though.) As it stands I have theories about The Movie that Laguna was auditioning for, and I sill believe that Eyes on Me is both about Julia and Laguna (from a storyline perspective) and Squall and Rinoa, (from a this is a fictional game, and we need a soundtrack for it perspective).

Other non FF based theories are good too, although the only one I can think of the time that isn't one of mine is that not only does the final scene in The Sopranos mean that the main character died, but the entire series was hinting towards how he was going to die from the get-go. (I'm still undecided whether I believe that or not, or even if I think he's dead or not).

I've theorised about a couple of things, for example Final Destination. I've decided that the Turn Around song in part three has more than one meaning in the storyline...

Blog Entries

Best theory I ever made was about FFVI

Other than that I like to rant on about random possibilities in games and movies with no real conviction.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Fan Theories are for nerds with way too much time on their hands. Allow me to be the pin that pops bubbles. Unless the writers wrote it, it didn't happen. You're all making your own dots to connect. The worst garbage seems to centre around the most emo of all FF, VIII.

Turn the smurfing game off & go outside.

Thank you.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Obligatory:
    6 Insane Fan Theories That Actually Make Great Movies Better | Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Fan Theories are for nerds with way too much time on their hands. Allow me to be the pin that pops bubbles. Unless the writers wrote it, it didn't happen. You're all making your own dots to connect. The worst garbage seems to centre around the most emo of all FF, VIII.

Thank you.
    Fan theories have actually been liked well enough by the writers of various media to be made canon. Dick.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

And do what?

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    And do what?
    Have a smurfing life. If you're goint to obsess over something to the point you waste you life, do it with science or medicine or something that means somethiong. Not sitting in a darkened room with a PSX, a pen & severely bloated ideas on video smurfing games.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Obligatory:
    6 Insane Fan Theories That Actually Make Great Movies Better | Cracked.com

Thank you.
    Fan theories have actually been liked well enough by the writers of various media to be made canon. Dick.
    Bull. Writers all think these 'theorists' are freaks of nature without any semblance of a life & panders to their insane ramblings to make more money & not upset the lunatic fanbase. If you are one of these obsessed fans then I'd seek help you Cathy Bates Mother smurfer. Oh, .
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 05-16-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Cuch.

Show us on the doll where the bad man touched you.

(SPOILER)

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Angry

Cuchulainn, kindly take a chill-pill, and relax!

We do have lives, but during them we sometimes theorise. If you don't like it why are you even in this thread? I respect that you have your own opinion, but your going too far with the way your expressing it. People make theories because it's fun to do, and sometimes you don't even have to look for them, they just strike you suddenly. I don't go play/watch something thinking "Now, let's see if I can find any deeper meanings today..." I watch/play it normally, but sometimes I'll notice something and think "Hang on...!" and I'll keep a look out for other things, while still watching/playing it (it's called multitasking) and sometimes I am right - I already stated in this thread that one of my theories turned out to be 100% correct as it was revealed in one of the Ultimania guides, which I have never read, and I was still new to FFVII at the time.

Some writers are alright with it, I have heard them say. If I was a writer, I'd enjoy reading theories of my work - if a completely wrong one starts to get out of hand, I may release an article to put a stop to it, I'll admit, but one thing I'd enjoy it. Some writers even insert things to do with existing theories into their work as a joke.

I take offence to you calling FFVIII an emo game, because you have absolutely no idea what an emo is, at all - I bet you think it's all about acting depressed for no reason, and self harming because self harming's cool. Well I got news for you pal, that's not what emo is.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight