Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question!

Tongue Question!

Am I ones of the only one who does not have an Xbox 360/PS3?

It's not like I can't afford one, I had one, an Elite or something,
    Got hooked into the miserable world of Oblivion, than sold it.

When I think of getting another I just think of the Games I could get
    & none of them really convince me enough, So I stick with my PS2, like a goddamn PS2 Patriot, restarting games on PS1 & PS2 Games like MGS1, RE4, KH1 etc.

On a side note, although it's been out for a some time now, just how "Good" is FFXIII?
    I've never been on it as I go on FF1 - 6 on Roms and the rest on my PS.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

nope, I have neither a ps3 or 360
    I have a wii, but only one game
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    nope, I have neither a ps3 or 360
    I have a wii, but only one game
    Really!?!? Actually it's not that odd nowadays not to have either! I have a mate that only plays PC games because he doesn't like consoles.

I had a 360 till around 2008 when it red ringed. Of course I was out of warranty (by modding it like an idiot) and I never got around to replacing it. Had a PS3 till last January when it broke. Still haven't gotten around to replacing it, but I will.....eventually. So your not the only one without a 360 or PS3.

In some ways I don't mind having either console. Got to go back and finish some Saturn games I never beat and now I'm catching up on the PSP games I missed. Things aren't so bad.

Oh and as for XIII, don't bother.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Final Fantasy XIII is fantastic, and I highly recommend it if you enjoyed the previous games or JRPGs in general. It's kind of love or hate around here so you really won't know until you've tried it, but I loved it. Lots of people around here will tell you it's OMG THE WORST GAME EVER but that's simply not true and anyone who says that has never played a game that's actually bad.

I own both consoles but I regret buying a 360 as I never play it.

And neither of mine have failed. Infact, not a single console I've owned has ever failed, and I've been buying them since SNES. I can't imagine what people do to their consoles to make them cease functioning. Aside of the 360 which seems built specifically to die on it's own.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Am I the only one who's first thought from reading the thread title was this?
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Everyone I talk to has an addiction to whatever the latest call of duty is,
    So when I go on about how iv'e finally done Dante must die mode on DMC1 (The only good one)
    I kinda don't get acknowledged, it's really funny, they forget how hard old games are!

And Oblivion was really miserable, I remember spending a great deal of time on the game,
    but the lack of emotion in the game, geez, everybody looked and spoke the same. XD

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you want acknowledgement for clearing DMC1 on Dante Must Die you'll get it here! That was a viciously unforgiving game!

I loved Oblivion but I get what you mean! The very existence of their world is threatened and everyone always seemed so meh about it

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I own both a PS3 and Wii but don't have a 360. I mostly chose the PS3 cause I figured it would get the games I really wanted, but so far that hasn't happened and its hard to find any titles that can keep me interested for long.

For me, its been a pretty lackluster console generation.

As for XIII, don't be fooled by the lovers, it is a very flawed title. Its the RPG equivalent of a rail shooter and its plot is really over-dramatized and fails to live up to any kind of potential. Combat isn't bad, but its certainly not as good as some previous entries in the series. At least its pretty to look at and has a good soundtrack but personally, I say rent it and see which camp you fall into cause its easily the most polarizing entry in the series, and its not due to some fanboy BS like some installments, it really comes down to whether you can stomach the terrible design or not.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I own both a PS3 and Wii but don't have a 360. I mostly chose the PS3 cause I figured it would get the games I really wanted, but so far that hasn't happened and its hard to find any titles that can keep me interested for long.

For me, its been a pretty lackluster console generation.

As for XIII, don't be fooled by the lovers, it is a very flawed title. Its the RPG equivalent of a rail shooter and its plot is really over-dramatized and fails to live up to any kind of potential. Combat isn't bad, but its certainly not as good as some previous entries in the series. At least its pretty to look at and has a good soundtrack but personally, I say rent it and see which camp you fall into cause its easily the most polarizing entry in the series, and its not due to some fanboy BS like some installments, it really comes down to whether you can stomach the terrible design or not.
    PS3 has less interesting titles than any other system. the R+C games are good though
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

My PC is kinda sucky, but I still own games like Neverwinter nights, Diablo II and Baldur's gate II, which I don't go on much anymore, It's hard to chose what you want to be on those types of games, like on Oblivion and Fallout III.

Fallout III was even more miserable than Oblivion, but I guess it's justified and whatnot. ^.^

But the reason I've never bothered with 360s and PS3s is because of the challenges I set to myself on old games, like Extreme mode MGS1, or timing myself on Golden Axe's Duel mode, that's awesome! And yeah, MANY holy waters were used on DMC1 DMD mode. :P

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I don't have either console, but I've been one or more generations behind the general market for many years now (the main exception being the N64 which I got in decent time). I got a PSX around when everyone was playing PS2 and I got a PS2 after people started getting their PS3s - and I've barely begun to explore the vast amount of PSX and PS2 games out there, not to mention older consoles and handhelds, and there are plenty of PC games I want to try as well. So the reason I don't have, and don't plan to get in the near future, a 360 or a PS3, is basically that I have plenty to keep me occupied before I need to start digging through that generation. Plus it's cheaper to get older stuff

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

The only new game I'm tempted to buy is Mortal Kombat 9. I know if I do I'll be disappointed, so I'm waiting to buy it used.

I have a PS3, but really I'm playing my Game Cube (Skies of Arcadia, Resident Evil: Zero, Eternal Darkness, Zelda: Windwaker, and Metroid) and modded original Xbox way more. I used the Xbox for all my SNES, NES, Genesis, and Atari fixes.

Really, I use my PS3 for Netflix.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't think it's that weird, as others may have alluded to, this generation hasn't had many "OMG U HAVE 2 PLAY THIS" titles. Since you like doing crazy challenges you set for yourself and mentioned MGS i might recommend MGS4 since there's a million different weapons and equipment and a million different ways to tackle each area. Could be fun.

Personally I like a lot of the online games that have come out on consoles, but they're not necessarily more fun than anything you could get on steam for cheap.

Blog Entries

All I have now is a PS3, and that's been pawned temporarily.

I've had two Wiis. I got the first one in 2008 which was a HUGE mistake as there weren't many games on it at the time that I wanted. So I sold that Wii a few months later to get a 360. Had that 360 up until earlier this year for reasons only God knows (it was a 2005 model and had all sorts of problems reading my games and such).

Last year I got a Wii for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and MadWorld, and some of the other stuff that came out. Kept that Wii for about a year and 2 months before selling it too.

So now I'm down to a PS3. I got the PS3 in October 2009.

I'm planning on getting a 360 Slim this year, and maybe another Wii since they're just now starting to put more good games on Virtual Console.

For the record I'm mostly playing my Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, and PS2 these days.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down