Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Saw it last night. It was pretty great. I actually liked it way better than Dead Man's Chest or At World's End. It was goofy fun that, while dramatic at times, didn't take itself too seriously, just like the first one. The lack of Orlando Bloom and whateverhernameis didn't bother me in the least. I thought it would.
    Pretty much the same reaction for me, except I was not expecting the lack of Orlando Bloom to be a problem.

The fun of these has always been the goofiness and over-the-top adventures, and this one has plenty of that. The last two took themselves too seriously, this one did not. It was definitely worth watching.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default You, sir, baffle me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who thought this whole franchise was rubbish. Even the first film I can't stand. I like Johnny Depp, but he really isn't as funny at all in these movies. They should have stopped once they realised they were making a movie from a theme park ride and didn't have any competant writers to make up for it.
    Johnny Depp was great in the first movie simply because he did something completely unexpected with Captain Jack Sparrow. The second and third movies, by comparison, fell flat because the scripts were written with that characterization in mind. A majority of the latter two were build ups to punchlines written for Johnny Depp, whereas that was not the case in the first movie. The comedic pacing was entirely different. At least the third movie had a wonderful performance by Geoffrey Rush.

I was cautiously optimistic for the fourth movie; it dumped the dead weight of Kiera Knightly and Orlando Bloom (pretty enough people, but dismal actors) and replaced them with Ian McShane and Penelope Cruz. The reviews have been less than spectacular. I'll probably pull rank as an alum and crash the free showing on campus next year, because I've got enough to be paying for right now without gambling on this movie.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I may have to see this just to check out Penelope Cruz in a pirate outfit.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

She has a beard at one point, that ought to be right up your alley

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Liked it better than 2 and 3. Will and Elizabeth had little chemistry so I didn't miss them. I saw a lot of the plot twists coming before they happened. As a hokey as the business with (SPOILER)Phillip and Syrena was I really liked them. An enjoyable time at the movies.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Honestly, I feel like these movies could be the next Saw where they just put out movie after movie after movie after movie. :\

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Saw it a couple of days ago. Wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't bad for a beating a dead horse sequel.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I liked the three first pirates movies. I don't think the 4th was worth the 9 dollars I paid to watch it.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm usually one to immediately call up a franchise for beating a dead horse, but I honestly enjoyed this movie and don't see the problem with them continuing to milk the good-ness that is pirates.

Default Great

I have watched Pirates of Caribbean last weekend online. It is in 3D now. Awesome movie and I liked this movie.