Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Eyes on your ancestry

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> All the ancestors or relatives I know are just nobodies.. so no.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I've heard a similar story regarding Genghis Khan and everyone alive today. I'm kind of sceptical about that, though. xD
    Thunder-stealing bastard, that's what I came to post.

In my case, though, it's almost certainly true that I'm related to Batu Khan--but Batu Khan's father Jochi is of questionable parentage, since Genghis's wife Bortei was kidnapped and raped by Merkits at about the right time for Jochi's father to be one of them instead of Genghis himself.

Personally, I think Jochi was truebred, but I'm hardly an objective source.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'm directly descended from both William the Conqueror and Charlemagne. (This is clearly why I'm good at strategy vidya gaems.)

Slightly more recently, I'm also directly descended from a guy who was apparently best-of-bros with Czar Nicholas II, to the point that the Czar knocked on his door in the middle of the night during the Bolshevik Revolution and told him and his family to get out of dodge; and from the Breeds who owned Breed's Hill (you may know it as Bunker Hill) during the American Revolutionary War.

Oh! Also the guy who was killed in Shakespeare's Macbeth, if I recall correctly.

My mom used to do tons of genealogical work so I know a lot of random stuff about my family tree. I love how all-over-the-place it is. :3

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Seeing as how most of my ancestors were illiterate slaves, no. The only thing cool is that my great great great Grandmother was the daughter of a Cherokee chief. I haven't researched the Italian part of my family to know who is even a part of it. There was some sort of scandal involved, so the family doesn't really talk about the Italian side.
    Which band and which chief? If you don't know that, what part of GA, AL, TN or NC is your family from and we can probably figure it out! The oral tradition and lineage were really important to the Cherokee so you should be able to chart it pretty easily.

(Also, I like Cherokee history if you can tell.)

I am the all American mutt. I have no famous ancestors that I know of. I did a free trial on ancestry.com and got a really long way with one family line, but the other lines kind of died out. I think it's mostly because ancestry relies on census information and I'm not a very good genealogist.
    North Carolina! All of my dad's side of the family is from either from Virginia or North Carolina, so it has to be that one. Everyone's families seem to say that they're Cherokee and related to the Chief so I doubt the authenticity of that especially because every time I mention it to her she brings up Pocahantas. I dunno wtf.

To be honest I think it's the thing when people have light skin people in black families to say they're part Cherokee to cover up rape. It's like we all know what happened during slavery. My mom's side, they're light skinned out of choice. We love Italians. *shrug*

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

I am of the line of King David.
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P