Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WAREFARE 3 REVEAL TRAILER!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Who cares? Battlefield 3 will be better anyway.

Articles
    Blog Entries

God. I seriously hate shooters, CoD in particular.

Can't wait to not play this.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

agreed with laddy :P
    i dont like these 'standart war-games' either :o

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NecronChaosGarland View Post
    Wtf do you live? I can't see any justification for any game costing more than another new game (assuming we're talking about full games).
    Ireland. I don't think they can justify games costs their normal price let alone what CoD games seem too.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cloud View Post
    The CoD games drop in price about as fast as a mario game too. See: Never.
    Almost true, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty 5: World At War have recently dropped in price in the UK, I'll point out that we're currently in a thread about Call of Duty 8.

Quote Originally Posted by NecronChaosGarland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    Then we get to my other gripe with the series, the price. The average new release game costs between 45-50 euros here but COD titles always cost somewhere between 55-62 euros! Excuse me Activision but another 6 hours of campaign & slightly updated multiplayer is not worth that price when there seems to be a new COD game announced at every other games convention!
    Wtf do you live? I can't see any justification for any game costing more than another new game (assuming we're talking about full games).
    In the UK some new releases are at £29.99 most are at £34.99 (pc) and £39.99 (console based) Almost always major titles will retail at £44.99 on consoles. Call of Duty games will often sell for £44.99 for several years after release never getting reduced.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is truly retarded.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's the same over here, better/bigger releases cost more money. I don't think it's retarded at all, if Hello Kitty Island Adventure was retailing at the same price as God of War 3 then that would be retarded. Although all games do cost about 30 dollars too much in Australia, so who gives a smurf anyway.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

^ Yeah, but it's just based on what the standard of inflation is in your country. It costs a lot to live in Ireland, so the games would cost more than in other countries.

@Iceglow: I agree about the Scavenger perk. It's overused, although I never used it. The reason I hated MW2 was because of things like grenade spam, much like you said. But it's the way the game was geared. Anyone could use a grenade launcher w/ danger close & rape. Commando was a joke too; Literally stabbing people from across the other side of a room does not evoke the expectation of reality. There is other perks, but I haven't played the game in so long that I don't really remember the others, however annoying they were.

Secondly, the killstreaks. It motivated players to camp. Bring in a harrier airstrike, then wait for your 11 killstreak for Chopper Gunner. It made the game completely imbalanced, especially in objective games. You were either destroying or getting destroyed.

Lastly, & most importantly, the maps were beyond . I can only recall that airport map being decent. Every map was full of little window boxes & balconies to set up a tent & camp for the entire game - Karachi as an obvious example. It just wasn't my idea of fun. Maybe that's why I enjoyed World at War so much. A lot of criticism went toward the overuse of the MP40 in that game but at least people ran about the place. It's also the reason why I enjoy playing BO's online too - the maps are in general great. Anyway yeah, I just thought the game was dire in probably every aspect. Secondary weapons, completely forgot about them. Having a shotgun as a secondary weapon? Do you want me to camp anymore than I am? smurfoff. I need to stop, this game makes me mad.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think it's interesting how many complaints about MW3 and its camp-friendly design were directly implemented into Black Ops. Like keeping Secondary Weapons to pistols, launchers, and a crossbow(w/ 2 bolts) and a ballistic knife. Also, the fact that killstreaks don't count towards other killstreaks. But especially contracts. When you have 40 minutes to get 75 kills with a weapon, you're not gonna wait for them to come to you, you're gonna throw a killer attachment on it and get out there. Even the grenade launcher was tuned down appropriately, I hardly ever see anyone using one.

So I'd like to see how MW3 reacts to Black Ops. The only complaint I honestly have about the game is that it's not at the full 60 frames per second on PS3. Other than that it was a perfect, accessible shooter.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

^ I very much agree. Possibly the biggest complement I could pay to BO's is that it's designed to keep camping to a minimum.

Str8 Pimpin'

I've always had good things to say about COD despite all the hate that is thrown towards it but Ill admit that MW3 seems like one game too many in this series. It just seems all to familiar at this point. Heres hoping this is the last one so the quite obviously talented group of people at Infinity Ward can go and do something else.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    I've always had good things to say about COD despite all the hate that is thrown towards it but Ill admit that MW3 seems like one game too many in this series. It just seems all to familiar at this point. Heres hoping this is the last one so the quite obviously talented group of people at Infinity Ward can go and do something else.
    Pretty sure a fair number of them already left to go do something else. Although I certainly believe that the franchise is starting to fatigue and could use at least a two year hiatus so that people can really get excited and be blown away again, I'll still be interested in seeing how things go with MW3 if only to see what happened in the fallout of the whole Infinity Ward debacle last year. Whether or not they still have a good game in them after all of that (even just from the stress of something like that alone) is still up in the air.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Why are you shouting in your topic? It's just a game .

Also, it's "warfare".

Also, I'm not really excited about it.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I'm super excited about this one because it's my dream war. I've always dreamed of starting this war and taking part in it. I hope the story does the other two justice, I liked them.