Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exactly how it is at my house...

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

Default Exactly how it is at my house...

The following comic strip is a representation of what dealing with my son is like...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Zits is one of my favorite comic strips.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Oh is Mr Jen actually sort of doing his job now?

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

If you were to ask "Mr. Jen" about it he'd say he has always backed me up...however, the point of the comic strip is more that the kid listened to the father when all he basically said was, "Do what your mother told you to do." Why can't the idiot er boy, just do it when I ask him? I mean its not like I am screaming at him in the beginning, I usually start out rather civil, but when I get to the point (like in the first frame) that I am pulling my hair out its because he is stubbornly refusing to do what I ask. Then his father comes along and says, "What did your mother say?" and it's "Alright" and he starts doing it...half-assedly of course. Anyway, I get it, it's not funny if you don't see yourself in the characters shoes! Oh well, I'll try harder to connect with you all next time! :hello:

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Maybe I can give insight or maybe my insight is irrelevant:

My mother used to nag (well she still does but) - and I do not like to be nagged. I do what I like because somebody told me that I was a self-controlled autonomous individual. Even if mom said explicitly "i gave birth to you so you would listen to me" I would rebel and not listen.

Also the only thing mom ever says to me is don't do this. and don't do that. i work during the day and relax by playing video games at night. sometimes i watch movies and learn on youtube but my brain can only absorb so much 'productive' activity before it cries.

Here is where the disconnect happens - mom's dad died when she was 17 so she has worked very hard to get to where she is. Yet I don't actively 'recognize' this and instead I virtue-lize dad because he gave up being a god (ex olympian high ranking officer at the sport he spent most of his life perfecting) just to have grumpy selfish spoiled worthless me.

I see mom as an equal. I see dad as a god. So when god speaks I listen.

Hope this helps.

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Peegee View Post

My mother used to nag (well she still does but) - and I do not like to be nagged. I do what I like because somebody told me that I was a self-controlled autonomous individual. Even if mom said explicitly "i gave birth to you so you would listen to me" I would rebel and not listen.

Also the only thing mom ever says to me is don't do this. and don't do that. i work during the day and relax by playing video games at night. sometimes i watch movies and learn on youtube but my brain can only absorb so much 'productive' activity before it cries.

Here is where the disconnect happens - mom's dad died when she was 17 so she has worked very hard to get to where she is. Yet I don't actively 'recognize' this and instead I virtue-lize dad because he gave up being a god (ex olympian high ranking officer at the sport he spent most of his life perfecting) just to have grumpy selfish spoiled worthless me.

Hope this helps.
    Not sure what you are saying, although I've raised him for over 16 years I didn't bring him into this world (I inherited him as part of the marriage deal when he was 2 1/2). I believe this is where his stubborness wells up from, since I am not his "real" mother (which is crap, because I have done and will continue to do all that I can for him, even if he drives me up the smurfing wall)! However, it wasn't supposed to be über serious, or I would have posted it in EOEO. I just busted up laughing when I saw the comic strip because I was all, "too true"!. Like I said, I will try harder to connect with you all next time! :hello:
    Last edited by Jentleness; 05-24-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: I forgot to umlaute

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Jen! Update your guess on the word game on in the Welcome Section. It was starting to get close between you, Remon, and me. Then you disappeared. Unacceptable!!1!!!!1111!!

Also, he's a 16 year old boy. Douche-baggery and poor hygiene is all he knows. It comes with the hormones I think. Have fun with all that.

Haha. I hate to admit it, but that's pretty much what I was like with my Mum as I was growing up!
    Whenever she wanted me to do something I didn't want to do, I'd make a big fuss about it but if she just went to my Dad and got him to I'd do it straight away. I dunno if maybe it's because he's a big cockney guy, or because he's the man of the house but it worked every time. Don't think she minded though, he was like her secret weapon.

Now I do everything mother says of course!

Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Jentleness View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peegee View Post

Hope this helps.
    Not sure what you are saying, although I've raised him for over 16 years I didn't bring him into this world (I inherited him as part of the marriage deal when he was 2 1/2). I believe this is where his stubborness wells up from, since I am not his "real" mother (which is crap, because I have done and will continue to do all that I can for him, even if he drives me up the smurfing wall)! However, it wasn't supposed to be über serious, or I would have posted it in EOEO. I just busted up laughing when I saw the comic strip because I was all, "too true"!. Like I said, I will try harder to connect with you all next time! :hello:
    oh right it's GC

just beat the living ever hell out of him

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it was like that for me growing up, but it wasn't exclusive to any one of my parents. I think I'd just get fed up with being told/asked to do something and do it eventually after the other parent brought it up.

Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by NecronChaosGarland View Post
    I think it was like that for me growing up, but it wasn't exclusive to any one of my parents. I think I'd just get fed up with being told/asked to do something and do it eventually after the other parent brought it up.
    i will admit there's an upper limit of nagging where i'll just listen, but nagging != respect

Blog Entries

Of course they're different. I respect my parents, I was just lazy growing up.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's because you haven't shown him the consequences of not listening to you. I can hook you up with a good deal on a stun gun if you want.

Blog Entries

I fear for your future children, Amanda.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

TEENAGERS MUST BE TAMED. FOR THE GOOD OF EVERYONE AND AT ALL COSTS.