Page 103 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3538393979899100101102103104105106107108109113123 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1973

Thread: MLP:FiM Megathread: Does anyone even watch this show anymore edition

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Does anyone know when Season 3 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will come out?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    I know what you mean with changing tastes... I think season 2 did a lot of that for me.

After season 1, my favourite was Rainbow Dash. The awesome, colourful one who can get things done! The others were all second favourite hehe.

After season 2, RD dropped down a bit (she was endearingly proud and confident in S1, but in some of the S2 episodes she crossed the line into obnoxiously arrogant), I took more of a liking to Fluttershy for reasons I can't fully put my finger on but I think mostly adjustments in my own personality during the influence of the fandom, and Pinkie shot up to be joint favourite with Flutters.
    Rainbow Dash has always been number 6 for me (except for when I didn't even watch MLP yet and Pinkie Pie was number 6). I still think she's okay, but nowhere near as endearing as the other five.

Now that I've finished watching season 2, I think I can safely say Fluttershy is my most favourite. I'm guessing you like her more now that her "YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!!!" line has finally worked its power on you. That, and she's so sickeningly sweet and cute.

As for the rest, it'd have to be Rarity, Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, and Pinkie Pie in that order. I wonder if season 3 will change it up...

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Does anyone know when Season 3 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will come out?
    I remember reading on some other forum that the exact start date for season 3 will be revealed a month from now.

...yeah, that probably doesn't help much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Really? I can only think of one episode in S2 when she was "obnoxiously arrogant", and it was justified in the fact the episode was all about fame going to her head and all that. I personally thought that she got less arrogant in S2.
    I'm mostly thinking of the pet one and the combination of the two. She came around in the end, but not before being a judgmental bitch towards Tank for the whole episode And then comes the combination issue: she seemed to learn a bit of humility (yay!) and then the next episode was Mare Do Well which had her back at square 1.

Certainly I don't think it's going to be a permanent opinion (and the book one endeared me to her again a fair bit ^^), but rather an effect of poor handling of the episodes: a combination of having her learn almost the same lesson twice in the same season, and having one directly after the other.

That and the one where they had to create a tornado and she was really pushy and pretty much responsible for the heartbreaking Fluttershy crying scene (that squeak... she got me going too!) :c

As long as the writers treat her well in season 3 I'm sure she'll re-earn her rightful place in the top 2! Pinkie bounced back from the creation of "psycho Pinkamena" at the end of S1, so it's only a matter of time and is an excellent reason why the series should continue for quite some time, so we can uh, be sure of our opinions!

At least she's not bottom like boring ol' Applejack
    Last edited by Cloudane; 09-27-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Cloudane;3136587
    I'm mostly thinking of the pet one and the combination of the two. She came around in the end, but not before being a judgmental bitch towards Tank for the whole episode And then comes the combination issue: she seemed to learn a bit of humility (yay!) and then the next episode was Mare Do Well which had her back at square 1.[/QUOTE]
    Both of these episodes can be justified, though I think placing them one after each other was a mistake. What you need to take into account is the age of the ponies (which is easy to work out based on the age of the other ponies) and the fact that she does have arrogance issues anyway. Also, take into account that the show is aimed at kids first; the pet episode was aimed at kids who want pets for the sake of having one, and to fit in with his/her friends - not care about the pet themselves. This is what Dash wanted, she just wanted a cool pet to show off to her friends, which is a phase many kids have gone through, so the episode was aimed at kids like that, showing them the mistake they were making, and it made sense that they chose the character that would be more interested in how cool the pet looks than actually wanting a pet.

Mare Do Well is an underrated episode, a lot of people thought that it was badly written because Dash was more arrogant than she was before, and more than she'll ever be again (so far?). Again the reason is because of her most likely age (teens) and her already arrogant flaws. All the ponies have their flaws, and they have all had episode when their flaws got worst because of what happened to them in the episode. At first she was saving ponies to save them, but then everypony starts treating her like she's a) a celebrity and b) a superhero, Dash is in fact, neither of these things add that to the fact that Scootaloo tried to start a club for her (and was also in on the Mare Do Well thing - which was a nice touch by the writers) and you have yourself a complete overdose of ego. The episode actually made me understand her arrogance a bit better, as well as the rainboom episode from season 1 - I actually view Mare Do Well as the spiritual sequel to it.

Certainly I don't think it's going to be a permanent opinion (and the book one endeared me to her again a fair bit ^^), but rather an effect of poor handling of the episodes: a combination of having her learn almost the same lesson twice in the same season, and having one directly after the other.
    Like I say, it was a mistake to put them one after the other. Another harm to the character was it made her look overused, when really she's not... that much. There are more underused characters than her though.

That and the one where they had to create a tornado and she was really pushy and pretty much responsible for the heartbreaking Fluttershy crying scene (that squeak... she got me going too!) :c
    No offence, but you've got the episode completely backwards. First off, she was in no way responsible for Fluttershy crying - she was supporting her all the way, and was trying to help her. Fluttershy was sad because of what happened to her years ago when she was younger, and the fact she didn't think she could do anything because of it. Dash wasn't being pushy with her at all - she was told to get all flying pegasi to create the tornado (yes, it was or tornado wasn't it? Even though the title has "hurricane" in it) she wasn't allowed to just leave Fluttershy to decide for herself, but if you look at facial expressions it's obvious she didn't want to force her into anything.

Also it has strongly implied that she and Fluttershy were actually friends when they were younger, or at the very least knew each other (it's how I'm going to portray it in my fan series anyway). So she is usually a lot more understanding with her, so she could have wanted her to finally get over the fears that have plagued her for her entire life - she wasn't pushy she was supportive and understanding - she didn't cause the crying scene at all. I was kind of apprehensive of that episode because I really like the friendship between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, and have always viewed Dash as being the one who is very supportive, and caring towards her (Dragonshy is the only episode that disagrees with this, but that's probably because the characters weren't planned correctly then) I was concerned that this episode was going to completely ruin that, and show the relationship in a bad light, but it made it a lot better here. No offense, but you need to watch that episode again.

Blog Entries

Hmm we're well into the realms of taking the thing entirely too seriously here.

At the end of the day as you point out it's a show for kids. It's not really designed for DS9 or Shakespearian levels of intricate characterisation or permanent character development (if there was too much character development they'd all grow up too much and there wouldn't be any more lessons to teach the kids), and so as events happen that are timed in various ways and interpreted by us in different ways, ponies will shift up and down in our personal estimations from one month to the next.

I'm not so bothered as to go into deep analysis. You can relax, I still love Dashie, I think perhaps I was a bit strong worded with a general not-too-serious and not-overly-ingrained impression of her recent lesson episodes and offended your favourite a little
    I certainly don't think she's bad and she's still holding a podium position. The shifting around in personal favourites is a lot more influenced by the positive Pinkie episodes and personal drifting towards "Fluttershy-ness" than anything negative on RD's part, regardless of whether those negatives were from unintended interpretations. I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

----

Edit despite long period because of silly double posting rule ;P

After all this time I finally decided to buy some actual pony merch! 3 crystal pony blind bags (one of them Rarity) and I gave Dashie some love buy getting her as a brushable :3
    (Her brushable mane is a pain actually, but it gives me something cute to do!)
    Last edited by Cloudane; 09-28-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Appperently, during the Borderlands 2 credits, there is a special thanks to Fluttershy. XD

I'm going to to double check for myself when I beat the game with Salvador though, just to make sure my friend isnt' crazy.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Big Hands View Post
    Appperently, during the Borderlands 2 credits, there is a special thanks to Fluttershy. XD

I'm going to to double check for myself when I beat the game with Salvador though, just to make sure my friend isnt' crazy.
    I was going to reply with a screenshot of that particular credit, but it appears that Gearbox and the Borderlands team have gone above and beyond the call in proving their Brony-ness.

Borderlands 2 Skill Trees

The new class features more Pony than one could have ever dreamed possible. At a glance we have an entire "Ordered Chaos" tree, A "Best Friends Forever" tree, and skills labeled Buck Up, Fancy Mathematics, Potent as a Pony, 20% Cooler, The Stare, Evil Enchantress, Make it Sparkle, and Discord.

There is wink wink nudge nudge pop reference, and there is this full frontal face full of Pony.

I am going to play the hell out of gauge when she's released. :P

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    Hmm we're well into the realms of taking the thing entirely too seriously here.

At the end of the day as you point out it's a show for kids. It's not really designed for DS9 or Shakespearian levels of intricate characterisation or permanent character development (if there was too much character development they'd all grow up too much and there wouldn't be any more lessons to teach the kids), and so as events happen that are timed in various ways and interpreted by us in different ways, ponies will shift up and down in our personal estimations from one month to the next.

I'm not so bothered as to go into deep analysis. You can relax, I still love Dashie, I think perhaps I was a bit strong worded with a general not-too-serious and not-overly-ingrained impression of her recent lesson episodes and offended your favourite a little
    I certainly don't think she's bad and she's still holding a podium position. The shifting around in personal favourites is a lot more influenced by the positive Pinkie episodes and personal drifting towards "Fluttershy-ness" than anything negative on RD's part, regardless of whether those negatives were from unintended interpretations. I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

----

Edit despite long period because of silly double posting rule ;P

After all this time I finally decided to buy some actual pony merch! 3 crystal pony blind bags (one of them Rarity) and I gave Dashie some love buy getting her as a brushable :3
    (Her brushable mane is a pain actually, but it gives me something cute to do!)
    Sorry this is late, but it's perfectly alright. I tend to get passionate about shows I like, and characters I like. It's all good. /)

Also, this is only a first attempt, so it isn't that good - you can still see some of the guidelines in places, but I might as well show you my first attempt so you can see I am making some attempt in what I keep promising to do.
    It's a work in process.jpg
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 10-14-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, that's a nice Fluttershy! You still have a long way to go, but that's a great first attempt.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Watching this for the first time ever.

So far I like Fluttershy best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post

Yessssssss. I love you so much more, Boobs.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post

One more. One more.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Double Announcement Time:

The word has landed from The Hub on high; NOVEMBER 10th SEASON 3 PREMIERS

On a second note, a Military Bronies group that I linked up with a few months ago has an event going on in November that some of you may be interested in. We're tagging on to the Movember charity group which supports education, early detection and treatment options for testicular and prostate cancer to put on The Studly Stallion Stache-Off. Essentially it's a combo mustache growing competition (a longstanding pointless military tradition) and donation drive that will start Nov. 1 and wrap up as we roll over into December.

We've got a good number of community celebrities (BlackGryph0n of -licious series fame, DustyKatt: The Worlds Manliest Brony) and voice actors from the show attached to judge. As of now, we have Peter New, Lee Tockar, Trevor Devall and John DeLancie himself; Perhaps better known as the voices of Big Macintosh, Steven Magnet, Fancy Pants, and Discord all on board. We've also got some swag set aside for the winners. What we are lacking now, is word of mouth and participation. If it sounds like something you'd be interested in participating in or at least checking out, the links Right Here.