Page 106 of 132 FirstFirst ... 6568696100101102103104105106107108109110111112116126 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1973

Thread: MLP:FiM Megathread: Does anyone even watch this show anymore edition

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Everyone who just hated on Scoots needs to apologize. Scoots is best pony.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Eh, I mostly only like villains that have a decent motive and aren't all "lol destroy/ruin/rule the world" or at least have some tragic past that has them gradually develop into a villain. I hate Kefka for that same reason too (though his rabid fanbase really adds to my hate). I just find villains with little to no reasoning behind their actions or no backstory that explains their conversion to evil to be really boring and dull. Villains like Psaro from Dragon Quest IV, Amon from Avatar: Legend of Korra, Lyon from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Golbez from Final Fantasy IV, and Doc Ock and The Sandman from the 2nd and 3rd Spiderman movies are the kind of villains that I like.

Anyways, that's probably all I should say on that topic before I derail this thread.

As for Scootaloo, I just said I dislike the CMC at times, nothing about hating them. And that's just as a group. Their antics are nowhere near as bad or as obsessive when they're solo. But I'll admit that some of their antics are quite amusing, especially with the episode where Granny Smith was going to visit their school.

Discord? What? He was amazing.

How can you be hating on Q man?

I despise the newspaper episode. So much I smurfing hate the newspaper episode. But I've ranted enough about that one previously.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I freaking love Discord because he is just Q from Star Trek.

I agree that Trixie is overrated though.

Blog Entries

Yup, hearing Discord make exactly the same purring villainous voice as Q, is just pure win

CMC grew on me, even though I kinda disliked their first episode. I just... it's silly, but the fact that the mane 6 are sort of adult ponies (i.e. they work) helps to keep the show feeling universal, to me. I find that the CMC eps have too much of a "kiddy show" feel to them. It's silly because it IS first and foremost a kiddy show and we don't have much right to steer it away from its roots, but hey, on purely personal taste that's probably what puts me off them the most. Generally I like the CMC still.

I don't dislike Trixie.. she was in that one episode and entertaining enough.

I'd have to agree on Diamond Tiara, she's the only one I can think of who I actually dislike, she's a brat. I thought the newspaper episode was an excellent commentary on tabloids though (there's something for the adults in the audience right there) - it was irritating because of DT, but that's the point

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are the only ponies I've come close to disliking (though Silver Spoon seems to be the lesser of the two evils). However, I am pleased they are part of the show as most of the main target audience will know somebody like them, and it's kind of reffreshing to see them fail after being given a hard time by them in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Big Hands View Post
    The only ponies I dislike are the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

I hardly find Silver Spoon that bad. Sure, she sides with Diamond Tiara a lot, but the things she does are nowhere near as bad as Diamond Tiara or Trixie (I even think Trixie does more bad stuff in her one episode than Silver Spoon does in the entire series). That, and she does break off from Diamond Tiara's opinions at times like when she was the first one applauding to Granny Smith's story.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I have this on my desk at work. That's about my only contribution to this thread!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    I hardly find Silver Spoon that bad. Sure, she sides with Diamond Tiara a lot, but the things she does are nowhere near as bad as Diamond Tiara or Trixie (I even think Trixie does more bad stuff in her one episode than Silver Spoon does in the entire series). That, and she does break off from Diamond Tiara's opinions at times like when she was the first one applauding to Granny Smith's story.
    Like I said - she's the lesser of the two evils. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they did an episode that explores this better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    I have this on my desk at work. That's about my only contribution to this thread!
    Nice :3

I only recently grabbed ponies since spending ages swearing blind we didn't have any G4 in the UK (a reasonable assumption since we've barely had any of the TV show) only to find them sat right there in Asda. Then I couldn't resist starting a little herd in front of my TV.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Nice :3

I only recently grabbed ponies since spending ages swearing blind we didn't have any G4 in the UK (a reasonable assumption since we've barely had any of the TV show) only to find them sat right there in Asda. Then I couldn't resist starting a little herd in front of my TV.

Your herd is tiny and you should feel good, brony.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post

I hear ya. Being in th UK sucks when it comes to ponies - I don't our media "get's it" yet. Boomerang aired half of Season 1 as Season 1, and then stopped it. Then it aired the second half of Season 1 as Season 2. Not good, it's kind of missleading to the kids.

Nice looking ponies you got their though - all I've seen in shops so far is deformed balding Twilight - even the Pink Celestia looks better than that. The thing I found funny is that there's a picture of Twilight on the box, so you can remind yourself how she's supposed to look...

Blog Entries

Yeah must admit they don't exactly look like their TV counterparts. I mean, you get the idea that Dashie there is Dashie, but she'd need shorter hair (can't bring mysel to take scissors to her), some blue and purple somewhere other than the tail etc. I don't mind, I never thought those old plastic brushables would appeal (*cough* particularly to a 30yo man) but have enough of a connection with the whole thing now that they do and I d'awww at the sight all the time

As for the little blind bag ones, hehe, re-coloured versions of Dash and Pinkie called Merry May and Peachy Sweet. And then there's Rarity. They're all "crystal ponies", which may apparently have something to do with season 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Your herd is tiny and you should feel good, brony.
    I dooooo.
    Only just started the herd.... give it time

Articles
    Blog Entries

I may or may not be obsessed.
    (SPOILER)2012-10-23-163216.jpg2012-10-23-163223.jpg2012-10-23-163233.jpg

I assure you, the rest of my room is quite manly.

Blog Entries

Likeable story.
    (SPOILER)Says the guy who doesn't have any pony stuff, yet.