Page 120 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2070100110114115116117118119120121122123124125126130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1973

Thread: MLP:FiM Megathread: Does anyone even watch this show anymore edition

Articles
    Blog Entries

Seriously guys, stop being douches and changing the thread title. It's seriously getting pretty old. This "rolf mlp" thing you guys have going on is childish. I can't find the damn thread anymore and it went from funny to downright condescending.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Seriously guys, stop being douches and changing the thread title. It's seriously getting pretty old. This "rolf mlp" thing you guys have going on is childish. I can't find the damn thread anymore and it went from funny to downright condescending.
    /) To that.

Also, a jokes a joke, but can we please take out the filters that cause words related to the show, the fandom, or anything p0ny (spelling it with a 0 because it will get changed otherwise). to random things? I really hate to have to mention it, because I thought the joke would die out if no one complained, but it's getting annoying when your post makes no sense because of random words being changed.

Blog Entries

I don't even see how p­o­n­y and "bag" are similar.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

PONY BAG. BAG PONY.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    bag BAG. BAG bag.
    Oh yeah? Well BApo­nyG!
    Face

GOD HOW DO YOU DO THAT~? I CAN'T FIX IT~!?

Blog Entries

Last edited by Tigmafuzz; 01-25-2013 at 06:18 AM.
    Face

Hah... Hahaha... No but really.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    However... It's Discord, and the way they 'Reformed him' was kind of cheesy. In addition, I don't really like the Idea of him being a good guy now. It means we aren't likely to see a real fight against Discord again, as well as any trouble bagville comes across could, arguably, be solved by Discord. I mean with him on their side, could any other threat to Equestria reasonably pose any threat anymore? At all? So Narritavely this makes no sense, and does nothing but remove the shows greatest Antagonist to date.
    I think it would have been better if it had ended with Discord returning everything to normal and then vanishing, rather than promising to use his powers for good. At least that way, rather than being at Celestia's beck and call, he's free to come and go as he pleases.
    Also, if Discord had simply vanished after causing a whole mess of trouble and being scolded by Ғluttershy, it would have left the audience with much more doubt about whether he can be trusted the next time he appears. And it would have left the Mane 6 in a position where, even if Discord was to return with good intentions, they would neither like nor trust him and his shenanigans.
    It would have been a much more interesting and appropriate relationship for an avatar of chaos to develop with the rest of the cast, if you ask me.

Also, who keeps messing with the filters? I can't type Ғluttershy properly any more D:<

Blog Entries

Why is Flu­tter­shy the only one that gets a filter? Also, Rai­nbow Das­h should be the one that gets renamed to a footballer, if anyone.

If you're going to troll, at least do it right.
    Face

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Værn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    However... It's Discord, and the way they 'Reformed him' was kind of cheesy. In addition, I don't really like the Idea of him being a good guy now. It means we aren't likely to see a real fight against Discord again, as well as any trouble bagville comes across could, arguably, be solved by Discord. I mean with him on their side, could any other threat to Equestria reasonably pose any threat anymore? At all? So Narritavely this makes no sense, and does nothing but remove the shows greatest Antagonist to date.
    I think it would have been better if it had ended with Discord returning everything to normal and then vanishing, rather than promising to use his powers for good. At least that way, rather than being at Celestia's beck and call, he's free to come and go as he pleases.
    Also, if Discord had simply vanished after causing a whole mess of trouble and being scolded by Ғluttershy, it would have left the audience with much more doubt about whether he can be trusted the next time he appears. And it would have left the Mane 6 in a position where, even if Discord was to return with good intentions, they would neither like nor trust him and his shenanigans.
    It would have been a much more interesting and appropriate relationship for an avatar of chaos to develop with the rest of the cast, if you ask me.

Also, who keeps messing with the filters? I can't type Ғluttershy properly any more D:<
    That could have worked better from the sounds of it.

On the off chance anyone clicked the link (no one's told me if I was allowed to leave it here yet) I have no idea about this episode yet - I can't really see any place for him yet... good or evil.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    As for how they reformed him... well, again touch and go - mostly "go" at the end. At first it seemed like it was going to happen at a legit time period, but at the end it was kind of "Oh, I understand friendship now!" which is kind of a step down in how this show usually treats the audience. If you compare it to Magic Dual it kind of looks too forced, especially when you realize the Trixie (who is less of a villain, and only really became a true one in that episode), didn't actually reform, she just took the first step.

Also, I didn't like how he said "I love Kilroy-Silk" at the end - I get that it was meant to sound awkward, but why was he supposed to say it? It looked too much like a fourth wall break (which I don't mind) than a title-drop. It wasn't like all the times they've said "boris johnson's majestic fizzgogger" to each other, because that always sounded natural, like what they'd actually say in that sentence.
    Agreed, it was far too sudden and forced. I liked that it was a bit of a struggle and wasn't immediate, but it's like someone said "we're up to 20 minutes guys, get him reformed already"

In fact that's probably the problem. It's what, 22 minutes? Reforming Discord is something that should've been done in a special / 2-parter as there just wasn't time to do it well.

Also I'm confused by the second paragraph due to all the sodding word filters :/

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Also, a jokes a joke, but can we please take out the filters that cause words related to the show, the fandom, or anything p0ny (spelling it with a 0 because it will get changed otherwise). to random things? I really hate to have to mention it, because I thought the joke would die out if no one complained, but it's getting annoying when your post makes no sense because of random words being changed.
    This.
    I get that it's probably in good humour but really it's getting to the point where it's difficult to talk about it on this forum, which is a shame as we have some good and like-minded people here. It's at that point where the butt of the joke is starting to feel a bit antagonised and is wondering if they should just go.

Quote Originally Posted by Værn View Post
    And agreed here too. They're doing a lot of parallels with John de Lancie's Q character from Star Trek, which is understandable and fun. But Q was a case of, even when he was being nice and was acting reformed (say at the end of the episode where he got turned human for a while as a punishment from the continuum, or the entire episode where he's "being nice" to Picard) it was done in such a way that you knew it was really just for his own amusement. And he was back to being a bit of a nuisance again next time he appeared.

Reforming all the villains like this... I don't know. Now we only have that Crystal Empire guy, who is a rubbish villain.

Hee hee... makes me think though. The Trekkie in me would love it if in a future episode Discord is seen interacting with Luna and trolling her a bit, and she whacks him one (unlikely of course, physical violence isn't really a thing they want to be showing the target audience)
    "Y..you hit me! Celestia never hit me!"
    "I'm not Celestia."
    Something for fan fiction at least.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKR_RWkLgAE

===
    So how about Spike At Your Service 2.0?
    Fairly mediocre for me, but all in all good fun. CMC put to good use. An interesting change in the type of resolution in that (SPOILER)Spike realises his mistakes on his own instead of getting caught and having someone point them out to him like often happened with "lesson" episodes. I was unsure about this at first but thinking about it, it shows that he's gained some maturity.

Still wondering about the direction of the show in general. I'm glad we've had one awesome ep this season (Sleepless) and one particularly memorable song (Bad Seed) but we could use more Dragonshy, Winter Wrap Up, Smile and Squeezy Cider levels of awesomeness. And ironic as it is, probably a little less catering to br0nies. I know they've been accused of that since like half way through season 1, but even I'm seeing it lately hehe. We belong on the sidelines and that was part of the appeal.
    Last edited by Cloudane; 01-28-2013 at 09:46 AM.

I disliked the new episode. The pets were highly underused, except Bunny. The only part I really liked was Rainbow Dash and Tank's interactions. It was adorable.

Blog Entries

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. Pony. Brony.

At last!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Hey.

Hey guys.

(SPOILER)

It's official.