Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 122226272829303132333435363738425282 ... LastLast

Thread: MLP:FiM Megathread: Does anyone even watch this show anymore edition

Blog Entries

What happens when the ponies grow up? Will it be like the Rugrats? Where one of them gets a purple flat-top and nobody watches the show anymore?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Pretty much the only way I can describe the latest episode. The Cake twins are adorable.

EDIT: I guess today is a day for feels, because this gave me a major feel.

http://www.funnyjunk.com/channel/pon...e+True/MbNwDZo
    Last edited by NorthernChaosGod; 01-15-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Alright, Granny Smith is awesome.

Now we just need a Big Mac episode.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I saw the Baby Cakes episode, and enjoyed it, as you'd guess it was pretty "aww" in places, and funny in others. For some reason, I thought the scene towards the end where (SPOILER)The twins dropped flour on themselves as an appology (watch the episode to get the point of this). to be really "aww", but I dunno why it was.

I was suprised at how negative everyone on the Friendship is Magic Wikia was being about this episode before it even aired though; everybody thought it would a carbon copy of Stare Master, which (as I told them before I even saw the episode myself) it wasn't. Why did they think it would be anyway? I mean, yes, both episodes were about babysitting (or whatever it's called when they're kids, not babies), but Pinkie and Fluttershy are completly different characters, and would approach the situation differently (which they did.) I was also suprised at how so many people on the wikia (and on YouTube) were confused at how the babies were different types of ponies to their parents, and how they were able to suddenly fly and use magic at such a young age, when ponies older than them have yet to do so - and both of these things where explained in the episode!

Stupid question time; what is a young pony anyway? From watching this show, I thought it was a "filly", but at the start of this episode, somepony (I think Pinkie) said something along the lines of "Are they fillies or (?colds?)?" which in that context sounded like "are the girls or boys?".

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Stupid question time; what is a young pony anyway? From watching this show, I thought it was a "filly", but at the start of this episode, somepony (I think Pinkie) said something along the lines of "Are they fillies or (?colds?)?" which in that context sounded like "are the girls or boys?".
    A filly is a young female horse or pony.

A colt is a young male horse or pony.

A foal is a young horse or pony of any gender.

I should note that "foal" is used more for really young, baby equines, though, as opposed to "filly" and "colt" which can refer to "teenage" ones as well.

...and in case anyone was interested, a mare is an adult female horse/pony and a stallion is an adult male horse/pony. (SPOILER)And a gelding is a horse who has been castrated and is without his boyparts

Blog Entries

I was also suprised at how so many people on the wikia (and on YouTube) were confused at how the babies were different types of ponies to their parents
    To be fair, it's kind of a bulltrout explanation.

Blog Entries

Default Double postin', awww yeaaaah.

To any bronies that like dubstep.

Alex S. - Party With Pinkie - YouTube

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

^probably more legitimate answer.

^Princess Molestia strikes again. Far more entertaining solution.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To Pike: Thank you for explaining to me the genders. I appreciate it because I now know what to say now when talking about them, and helps with something that I may or may not do.

To NorthernChaosGod: You really think so? I thought it made sense, considering it's basically just how our genetics work. Sometimes we get throw-backs from old genes that are from other reletives, it's rare but it happens.

To GhandiOwnsYou: Basically what they said in the episode was a dumbed-down version of what the picture says, however excelent find on the picture.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

Hypo, is there a reason some of them are called "Avast (Pony's name)'s ass?" I don't get it and it makes me feel weird about liking the songs.

To NorthernChaosGod: You really think so? I thought it made sense, considering it's basically just how our genetics work. Sometimes we get throw-backs from old genes that are from other reletives, it's rare but it happens.
    Genetics are much more complex than either the show or that chart can explain. I'm not mad, I don't expect them to get it exactly right. I actually thought it was a funny moment and don't mind it being dumb.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Hypo, is there a reason some of them are called "Avast (Pony's name)'s ass?" I don't get it and it makes me feel weird about liking the songs.
    It's because they're based on a song titled "Avast Your Ass". Kitsune^2 Avast Your Ass - YouTube

Blog Entries

Oh, cool. Now I feel less weird about listening to a song about Fluttershy's ass.

Blame Proto for this one.

Discord Days - YouTube

I saw all the MLP popping up and I decided I'll see what all the fuss is about and before I had realized I had watched 22 episodes .

It was also amusing when I put an episode while my boyfriend was with me and he looked and listened to the intro laughed said "Omg the intro this is so cheesy why do you watch this?" then I saw before my very eyes him become entranced and he now asks me when the next one is out.

I never realized she did fosters home for imaginary friends I loved that show I can always remember the 'cheese' episode I think even my mum watched it .