Page 121 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2171101111115116117118119120121122123124125126127131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1973

Thread: MLP:FiM Megathread: Does anyone even watch this show anymore edition

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Hey.

Hey guys.

(SPOILER)

It's official.
    I'm perfectly okay with it being official, but I'm still going to stick to what I was going to do, I hope that's okay. Also, speaking of things being okay, do you mind me saying things like this, or shall I just place the link I posted earlier in my sig (which I might do anyway) so I'm not forcing it on you? Sorry if this is repettitive.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

That is very interesting. I figured that something like that was going to happen when Princess Celestia started to make references to getting Twilight Sparkle ready for something important.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm like two thirds through season 2. I do/don't want to read all the spoilers in this thread.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Regarding the spoiler, that doesn't mean that (SPOILER)Season 3 will be the last season, does it? That'd be kind of sad if it was (sad as in it's over and there's no more new episodes).

I am in no way excited about this.

Blog Entries

Bronies ?
    Yay! Thank you mods

I'm trying to avoid this big spoiler but have a feeling it's going to be difficult to.
    Something becoming official that involves the pony mentioned... hmmm..... I think I have a fair idea, but will see for the time being. My idea is something that would make for a special in the toy range, so yeah.

Edit: So yeah, it's all over the internet and literally impossible to avoid. Alright then. I'll still use spoiler tags for those who wish to continue with the futile exercise

(SPOILER)I have no huge problems with the idea of Twilight becoming a princess and alicorn, if done well. The show is about friendship, and I'm sure the question of whether she'll continue hanging out with her friends will be well addressed. Unless Tara Strong is looking to move on or only do guest appearances of course, but this seems to happen a lot less with VAs than actors on camera.

What does worry me though is this
    http://i.imgur.com/x61o52Z.jpg

It's not that Twi's becoming a princess as a thinly veiled way to sell more toys (which happened with her suddenly gaining a brother out of nowhere so they could do the wedding sets) which I don't mind so much because they need to make money and can seem to weave things into the story reasonably.

It's not even that they're completely canning Derpy (oh well.)

It's that Hasbro are apparently meddling more and more heavily, against the wishes of those who make the show. That is a bit concerning. What makes this show appealing to bronies is a wonderfully magic but extremely delicate formula (so delicate we struggle to define exactly what makes it so good), and it'd be very easy for a bunch of out-of-touch suits and bean counters to mess it up.

The biggest concern I have is the rumours flying around that season 4 will feature humans.
    I know G1 did, but that's the point I think, G1 didn't bring us bronies :P
    I think part of the appeal IS the lack of humans, be it an escape from the ugliness of humanity that really hits people of a "brony age", or the fact that the ponies' ages are quite ambiguous and therefore easier for people of all ages to relate to. Put in a little girl like Megan again and it has a danger of being about a specific age group again.
    Which may be what Hasbro wants, I don't know. Maybe they want to shake the "creepy bronies" thing. Just got to hope this is all just pessimism and cynicism talking.

Edit 2: But on this final point I'm now overreacting and jumping to conclusions plain and simple, based on a rumour that it turns out was created from some extremely tenuous links between one of the anonymous employee's sentences and some trademark stuff. Ignore me. Surely they wouldn't put humans in. If they do though that's not to say it's all game over.
    I just happened to wake up from a bad dream this morning and I think it put me on a negativity track :P
    Last edited by Cloudane; 01-30-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)No more Derpy? I have noticed a lack of Derpy sightings in Season 3, but I was completely unaware that Hasbro are deciding to completely phase her out of the show. This really disappoints me.

EDIT: Oh wait, I thought it was true, but I've done some extra research and found out it's not true and the work of a troll. Good thing too, but still a bit disappointed that Derpy has been showing up less often lately.
    Last edited by Agent Proto; 01-30-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

The work of a troll? Got a source?
    It's not that I don't believe you, just that it'd be useful to pass around Especially since this screenshotted reddit post seemed fairly believable (what with the (SPOILER)Alicorn toys and what have you being months after it, that's not to say it wasn't a lucky guess)

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Meghan McCarthy confirmed it herself that a troll was behind it.

Edit: Though, I still kinda find it hard to believe if this is true or not. I guess we'll see in the future.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

Ah well to be fair, this was in December and she's not specifying what things are being made up. Derpy? Humans? other things? What are we referring to here?

Very true though, people do make up a lot of stuff and start rumours!

Blog Entries

No.... more... DERPY?!

Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmafuzz View Post
    No.... more... DERPY?!

Hopefully, the worst case scenario is that they're treading carefully for this season until everyone who complained can see that Derpy was not what they thought she was. Derpy is still in the show, but she is more often than not standing with her back to us. I'm sure this is hurting Hasbro as much as the fandom, because it's clear that they really want to keep Derpy as a character. What I find stupid, (aside from the fact that Derpy was never intended to be offensive, and there have been characters like her in past versions) is that it was her voice of all things that started the whole thing...

If Derpy is gone for good; I motion for all Derpy fans to focus their time and energy in not complaining, and threatening to leave the fandom - but to do what the brony fandom is best known for, and get some fanart/fanfiction out there. That way, Derpy will never be "gone".

Blog Entries

There better still be Derpy... Or else this means WAR.

1356425485423.jpg
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It's not like she's consequential to the series in the least. I mean, her name has been said, what, once the whole series? And she's had all of three lines the whole series? And all of the aforementioned was in the same minute span? I know she has a huge fanbase none the less.

I really don't know how I feel about the big spoiler. It seems rather silly and will totally change the components of the show, and also the makeup of the group (we have two of each type of pony in the mane six, after all).

I guess they need to do something to progress the series and add change for new plotlines. I certainly wasn't expecting that though.
    I like Kung-Fu.