Page 122 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2272102112116117118119120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1973

Thread: MLP:FiM Megathread: Does anyone even watch this show anymore edition

Blog Entries

It does need a tiny shake-up. I wasn't expecting that either though.

"plot lines"
    A phrase I'll never look at the same way again

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are a couple of posts on here, that I kept meaning to directly reply to, but things kept getting in the way, I might still do it though, one day.

However, I want to say about what's going to happen in the upcoming episode; I won't say what it is, because it's a spoiler, but most of you know it anyway (it involves Twilight, that's the only hint I'll give). It seems to have devided a lot of bronies on the FIM wikia, so I don't know how devided you guys are, but here is my take on the matter;

Do I agree with the change? Not really. Do I think that the change was planned from the start? Not at all (too much evidence to sugests otherwise). (What was I thinking here? Not only do I love the fact Twilight became a princess, It's also blatently obvious that her accension was planned from the start!! What was wrong with me when I wrote this?!) Am I going to bitch about it? No. Am I going to abandon the brony fandom because of it? Absolutely not.

I'll admit that Season 3 has been a bit touch and go at places (the odd character not behaving exactly right) and I did dread Lauren's non-involvment with it (sometimes, it showed I'll admit) but I still love this show, in fact I love the entire franchise - so to leave after one character goes through an extreme makeover? No, I'm not doing it.

Even if worst comes to worst, and Season 4 completely falls appart at the seems - I will still be a brony due to all the good stuff that came before it.
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 08-30-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Blog Entries

I can't disagree with a single word there! /)

The conflict, as we may well all know, is that DHX really know what they're doing and put their heart and soul into the show... but Hasbro are the ones who own the rights to the MLP brand and basically employ DHX to create a show. And it would seem that increasingly Hasbro are stepping in and telling them what to do based on their toy update strategies (i.e. show driven by toys) instead of taking their advice and developing the toys based on the directions the show goes in (i.e. toys driven by show).

Last season we had much the same thing with the wedding and Twilight suddenly getting a brother she'd never mentioned before out of nowhere and there was quite a big fuss back then too with it being clearly a thing directed by Hasbro to create wedding sets and wedding dress up ponies etc.

In the end? It was a great episode! And it introduced some fun characters.

I don't agree with the change but I have faith that DHX are still given enough creative freedom pull it off once again and make good with the story they've been told to create, even if they and we tend to disagree with it. I have faith that it'll be good still.

However I can admit to getting a little bit concerned at how much meddling Hasbro is doing against DHX's advice (allegedly and according to anonymous claimed-to-be-an-insider). I'm well aware that it's due to wanting to sell {redacted} Twilight, but it's getting worrisome.
    But to be fair to them, that's the ultimate purpose of the show. I notice that a lot of the more bitter parts of the fanbase are shouting about "Hasbro just wants to sell more toys " - well, yes, yes they do. This is not evil, they don't exist solely to create a great show for you to pirate on youtube, of course they're in it to sell toys.

It is a concern how it's happening though. I think the toys should be influenced by the story, not the other way around.

----

Not sure if you've heard the new big rumour. It's looking quite likely (but not yet confirmed or denied, so take with a pinch of salt if you wish) that in the spring we'll be seeing a spinoff show called "Equestria Girls" that sees the mane 6 sent on a mission to a human world where they take on a human form.
    Equestria Daily: MLP Spinoff Series? (Rumor)

Personally, I hate the idea I don't like to be too negative, I'm not predicting the end of all ponydom like much of the internet jumped into doing, but.... our favourite characters becoming teen girls in a school and dealing with inevitable stuff (boyfriends) and.... just no. It's a show about ponies doing pony things, dammit, not humans doing human things.

BUT. I have gotten the impression recently that Hasbro are itching to get humans involved in some way, and I'm far happier with the idea of them creating a spinoff series that we can cheerfully ignore, than putting humans in Equestria. It's not really a misanthropic thing for me, I just don't think they belong there AT ALL and I'm more than happy for Hasbro's thirst for human dolls to be quarantined to a spinoff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    I can't disagree with a single word there! /)
    Thanks bro(ny?) I'm pleased I'm not the only one thinking this.

The conflict, as we may well all know, is that DHX really know what they're doing and put their heart and soul into the show... but Hasbro are the ones who own the rights to the MLP brand and basically employ DHX to create a show. And it would seem that increasingly Hasbro are stepping in and telling them what to do based on their toy update strategies (i.e. show driven by toys) instead of taking their advice and developing the toys based on the directions the show goes in (i.e. toys driven by show).
    That is probably the fear, and I can understand it being a fear. It wouldn't be the first time that Hasbro have allowed the toys to take precidence of what happens in the show; Gen 1 took awhile to get an official main cast, and wasted the potential of several one episode ponies because they didn't know wether it would help the toys or not to focus on just some ponies (ironically some toys were still never used), and Gen3 suddenly dropped most of it's ponies making it into the far more limited Gen3.5 (Gen3 itself was actually pretty heart warming and story driven - not as much as FIM, but it had a lot of potential).

During season 1 and 2, although most of the toys looked wrong at first (the pink Celestia was just a laps in judgement) the majority of it was more influanced by what the show was doing, and even went through some compromises for the fandom. Ironically, I find the Gen1 toys to be the most well made (and regret not buying them as a kid) simply because they looked more like the show ponies, and came with a story - I understand a toy being made into a character, but thats really all it should influance, and it would look less like they're trying to sell toys. It's hard to explain to be honest.

Last season we had much the same thing with the wedding and Twilight suddenly getting a brother she'd never mentioned before out of nowhere and there was quite a big fuss back then too with it being clearly a thing directed by Hasbro to create wedding sets and wedding dress up ponies etc. In the end? It was a great episode! And it introduced some fun characters.
    That's what people thought? Wow... I don't understand why, seeing as the episode was planned since season one, and based on an idea Lauren had when she was younger (like most of the season 1 episodes were). There were some bad-ish decisions on Hasbro's part such as retconing Cadance to being an alicorn, when she was scripted to be a unicorn (they clearly did it because they assumed royalty and alicorns were supposed to be synomninous, when I can actually provide back up that they are not, and an alicorn was just supposed to be another form of pony)

I agree about the brother thing, I don't know if that was Hasbro or DHX, but I always assumed it was an excuse to give Twilight and friends a reason to actually go to the wedding. If that's the case, I really wish they'd have thought of that earlier, so they could have... I dunno, just name dropped the two ponies in season 2 - so there was more of a build up the the finale. Seeing as it actually felt like a finale (and was an awesome episode) and The Best Night Ever, while still being entertaining didn't feel like a finale, yet it was hinted towards throughout the season - even having two episodes of them preparing for the event.

I don't agree with the change but I have faith that DHX are still given enough creative freedom pull it off once again and make good with the story they've been told to create, even if they and we tend to disagree with it. I have faith that it'll be good still.
    Neither do I, simply because it's obvious from past episodes an (SPOILER)alicorn isn't something a pony becomes and the like. I'm sure they can somehow make it work though - as they have promised it won't change her personality (and there's no reason to believe that it would).

However I can admit to getting a little bit concerned at how much meddling Hasbro is doing against DHX's advice (allegedly and according to anonymous claimed-to-be-an-insider). I'm well aware that it's due to wanting to sell {redacted} Twilight, but it's getting worrisome.
    But to be fair to them, that's the ultimate purpose of the show. I notice that a lot of the more bitter parts of the fanbase are shouting about "Hasbro just wants to sell more toys " - well, yes, yes they do. This is not evil, they don't exist solely to create a great show for you to pirate on youtube, of course they're in it to sell toys.

It is a concern how it's happening though. I think the toys should be influenced by the story, not the other way around.
    Yeah, I'm kind of in the same state of mind, the sad thing is (even though the toys came first) Hasbro have always been stronger when they let what's happening in the show influance the toys (or just let the toys do their own their own thing on occasion) and it's been true for every generation (though I don't mind the occasional toy inspiring the show - seeing as some toys clearly should have been in the show, based on their storylines, but never were). However, I won't get annoyed if they do go completly the otherway, as I like I say I will have the memory of being a fan, and will remain a fan if the worst possible thing happens, and the show ends up losing everything it had (I don't see that happening too soon though, I admit that S3 lost something without Lauren's input, but even the most flawed episode was still within the basic charm of the show - there's just a little more OOC stuff at first than there would have been I think.
    ----

Not sure if you've heard the new big rumour. It's looking quite likely (but not yet confirmed or denied, so take with a pinch of salt if you wish) that in the spring we'll be seeing a spinoff show called "Equestria Girls" that sees the mane 6 sent on a mission to a human world where they take on a human form.
    Equestria Daily: MLP Spinoff Series? (Rumor)
    I would assume it's fanmade - I have seen (but not watched) much more better animated and drawn human-ponies episodes on YouTube - this doesn't even look as good as the style of the show itself (FIM: I mean), but even if it is real it will ultimately not affect the show in any way. Although, I kind of wish that they would give it another name. It shares it's name with a comerical that I really liked (I suddenly loved the song it was based on a lot more because of it), and if this show does turn out to be real, and is hated - I feel that a lot of people will take it out in the comercial (I may just be reading too much into it though).

BUT. I have gotten the impression recently that Hasbro are itching to get humans involved in some way, and I'm far happier with the idea of them creating a spinoff series that we can cheerfully ignore, than putting humans in Equestria. It's not really a misanthropic thing for me, I just don't think they belong there AT ALL and I'm more than happy for Hasbro's thirst for human dolls to be quarantined to a spinoff
    If that's the case, I'm okay with a spin off for that reason. I remember the writers saying they'd never put them in the show, as it would be too much of a sudden change and there would be no way to justify it. I'm perfectly okay with bronies creating fanfictions with humans though (though I have never read any*). I understand the notion of humans (appearing side by side with the ponies) potentially working from a story perspective, and Gen 1 kind of proves it can sort of work.

However, the reason it worked in G1 is because the idea of humans was planted from the start - and they worked up until a point. I think that they wanted to establish a bond between their viewers and the ponies (if those humans can be friends with them, then maybe we could one day? - that sort of view), but dropped the idea and focused on ponies. I think it worked for the time being though - I know one of the humans was based on a toy, but since she was older in the show, maybe they only partly based her on the toy?)

*I don't know if I'll ever read a Humans in Equestria fanfiction, but ironically my favorite fanfiction is basically the reverse of it (one of the ponies is sent to our world) it's probably hated, but I love it.
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 02-14-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    I understand a toy being made into a character, but thats really all it should influance, and it would look less like they're trying to sell toys. It's hard to explain to be honest.
    Yeah I see what you're saying and agree with that.

To be quite fair, you hear all this about how Hasbro are interfering and driving the show from the toys from "bitter anonymous employees" in both companies but that's the point, they're anonymous and usually posted on places like 4chan which are notorious for people making stuff up for attention. For all we know everything is rosy between them (though some interference just seems realistic)

That's what people thought? Wow... I don't understand why, seeing as the episode was planned since season one, and based on an idea Lauren had when she was younger (like most of the season 1 episodes were). There were some bad-ish decisions on Hasbro's part such as retconing Cadance to being an alicorn, when she was scripted to be a unicorn (they clearly did it because they assumed royalty and alicorns were supposed to be synomninous, when I can actually provide back up that they are not, and an alicorn was just supposed to be another form of pony)
    Ohh right? I didn't know she'd planned it herself and from that early. Seems I share ignorance with those parts of the fanbase on that one. I guess people didn't realise and just made assumptions. As they do. Another thing to make you wonder whether people are just being overly cynical to bring up all these supposed cases of the toys influencing something in the story they don't like (personally whilst these characters were a bit out of the blue and could have been introduced more gradually and eventually married, I enjoyed the episode and what they made of it.

Neither do I, simply because it's obvious from past episodes an (SPOILER)alicorn isn't something a pony becomes and the like. I'm sure they can somehow make it work though - as they have promised it won't change her personality (and there's no reason to believe that it would).
    I guess we'll see tomorrow! I've noticed a lot of new merch coming out still has (SPOILER)unicorn Twilight so what I'm wondering is whether it's even permanent or whether works a bit like *thinks of a parallel*... equipping a dress sphere. I.e. she (SPOILER)puts her crown on and gains wings, takes it off and they go away again. So she'd only have them for royal occasions.

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same state of mind, the sad thing is (even though the toys came first) Hasbro have always been stronger when they let what's happening in the show influance the toys (or just let the toys do their own their own thing on occasion) and it's been true for every generation (though I don't mind the occasional toy inspiring the show - seeing as some toys clearly should have been in the show, based on their storylines, but never were). However, I won't get annoyed if they do go completly the otherway, as I like I say I will have the memory of being a fan, and will remain a fan if the worst possible thing happens, and the show ends up losing everything it had (I don't see that happening too soon though, I admit that S3 lost something without Lauren's input, but even the most flawed episode was still within the basic charm of the show - there's just a little more OOC stuff at first than there would have been I think.
    Completely agreed. Let's just see, all this business of Hasbro suddenly going nuts could well be negativity from a worrying bunch of fans. People love their show and really fear it being messed up, so they dream up all the worst case stuff in a panic. Something that is seen in fandoms for everything.

----

I would assume it's fanmade - I have seen (but not watched) much more better animated and drawn human-ponies episodes on YouTube - this doesn't even look as good as the style of the show itself (FIM: I mean), but even if it is real it will ultimately not affect the show in any way. Although, I kind of wish that they would give it another name. It shares it's name with a comerical that I really liked (I suddenly loved the song it was based on a lot more because of it), and if this show does turn out to be real, and is hated - I feel that a lot of people will take it out in the comercial (I may just be reading too much into it though).
    Yeah that commercial is great

The maybe-rumoured-leaked-image is also said to be a basic concept image. But once again all this came from 4chan so for all we know it's one elaborate troll.

If that's the case, I'm okay with a spin off for that reason. I remember the writers saying they'd never put them in the show, as it would be too much of a sudden change and there would be no way to justify it. I'm perfectly okay with bronies creating fanfictions with humans though (though I have never read any*). I understand the notion of humans (appearing side by side with the ponies) potentially working from a story perspective, and Gen 1 kind of proves it can sort of work.

However, the reason it worked in G1 is because the idea of humans was planted from the start - and they worked up until a point. I think that they wanted to establish a bond between their viewers and the ponies (if those humans can be friends with them, then maybe we could one day? - that sort of view), but dropped the idea and focused on ponies. I think it worked for the time being though - I know one of the humans was based on a toy, but since she was older in the show, maybe they only partly based her on the toy?)

*I don't know if I'll ever read a Humans in Equestria fanfiction, but ironically my favorite fanfiction is basically the reverse of it (one of the ponies is sent to our world) it's probably hated, but I love it.
    Indeed. I dare say a tastefully done spinoff could be done well.. my friend came up with an interesting idea in that maybe because they've learned so much about friendship they're sent through to a human world to guide others. E.g. one episode might be about a new girl struggling to integrate herself into a new school because she's too shy so maybe Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash go in to help from experience and encouragement angles respectively. And then I figured that they could be Mirror Lake clones, as a way not to interfere with the original show.

I don't tend to read fics. That's a fine place for humans though.

Yeah in G1 they were in there from the start, so it's different. I can totally understand the concept, it just doesn't seem to fit in G4 where the entire world right up to the sun and moon are based on ponies. Maybe they could have humans as a non-dominant species that are just hanging out, like real ponies in our world, but it'd be kind of odd. Easier to just have a separate world (and preferably much like if ponies cross into the human world they transform into humans, the opposite should happen too)

Blog Entries

Yeah I see what you're saying and agree with that.

To be quite fair, you hear all this about how Hasbro are interfering and driving the show from the toys from "bitter anonymous employees" in both companies but that's the point, they're anonymous and usually posted on places like 4chan which are notorious for people making stuff up for attention. For all we know everything is rosy between them (though some interference just seems realistic)
    Thanks.

Yeah, if that's the case it could just as easily be people making stuff up, but who knows. I've seen a lot of people on the FIM wikia (which I can't edit on my own computer, or even reply to people on) saying that they are in someway "connected" to Hasbro, so it's really dificult to know who to believe unless you know for a fact it's someone from the show.

Ohh right? I didn't know she'd planned it herself and from that early. Seems I share ignorance with those parts of the fanbase on that one. I guess people didn't realise and just made assumptions. As they do. Another thing to make you wonder whether people are just being overly cynical to bring up all these supposed cases of the toys influencing something in the story they don't like
    Lauren loved MLP since she was a child, and often wrote fanfiction on it (do you still call it fanfiction if it was never posted online?) many episodes of MLP:FIM is based on her old fanfiction.

I'm not surprised that people judged the episode, and once again ignored Lauren's imput (I am not accusing you of this, nor am I accusing you of what so many bronies do...) Lauren seems to get very little respect and acknollegement from bronies where it really counts in my eyes - the following are examples of how our fandom tends to get wrong about her;

1. That she only wrote two episodes (or three if you split episode one).
    2. That she had nothing to do with season 2 (or even most of season 1)
    3. That she hated the previous gens.

For items one and two; Yes, she only wrote the script to two (or three) epidodes, but a lot of episodes of season 1 (and some season 2 ones, but not as much) were based on Lauren's old fanfictions, and she was still involved in the episodes that weren't - so she was like the ultimate co-writer or something. In Season 2, she was less involved, but didn't leave - she stayed to advice the writers (basically things like "That pony would never say that, but this pony would." she basically stopped the show from going OOC to many times, and still suplied a lot. She did so much for MLP:FIM and very few bronies appreciate her for it... (sorry, I just really respect her). For item three, she loved G1 as a kid, and clearly has fond memories of it (she even wanted far more G1 ponies in FIM than she actually got*) and understood the potential of G3, though she watched it as an adult after pitching FIM (as is my understanding). She clearly respected G3 enough to include some blatent G3 tributes in her episodes, as well as G1 ones that may have even been there from childhood (two episodes of FIM are directly based on G1 episodes),

(personally whilst these characters were a bit out of the blue and could have been introduced more gradually and eventually married, I enjoyed the episode and what they made of it.
    I agree they could have done better introducing them, from what I remember they just showed us them half way through season one (outside the show) saying these are two new characters, and then did nothing with them until the end of season 2. Like I say, if they had realized they were going to make one of them Twilight's brother they could have at the very least mentioned him every so often, and then at the end it's like "Oh my God, her brothers getting married.". I'm pretty sure that the reaction most bronies had when they saw that scene when Twilight read the letter was "What brother?"

guess we'll see tomorrow! I've noticed a lot of new merch coming out still has (SPOILER)unicorn Twilight so what I'm wondering is whether it's even permanent or whether works a bit like *thinks of a parallel*... equipping a dress sphere. I.e. she (SPOILER)puts her crown on and gains wings, takes it off and they go away again. So she'd only have them for royal occasions.
    We'll have to see if it's permanent or not, but I can still provide back up that it isn't synomynous with being royal, but I will wait until the episode airs to avoid spoilers.

What really staggers me, is all the fanon writers saying how it ruins their fanmaterial - couldn't they just make their fanfictions non-canon? That's what I'm doing.

Completely agreed. Let's just see, all this business of Hasbro suddenly going nuts could well be negativity from a worrying bunch of fans. People love their show and really fear it being messed up, so they dream up all the worst case stuff in a panic. Something that is seen in fandoms for everything.
    Amen, to that.

Indeed. I dare say a tastefully done spinoff could be done well.. my friend came up with an interesting idea in that maybe because they've learned so much about friendship they're sent through to a human world to guide others. E.g. one episode might be about a new girl struggling to integrate herself into a new school because she's too shy so maybe Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash go in to help from experience and encouragement angles respectively. And then I figured that they could be Mirror Lake clones, as a way not to interfere with the original show.
    That actually sounds like it could work.

Yeah in G1 they were in there from the start, so it's different. I can totally understand the concept, it just doesn't seem to fit in G4 where the entire world right up to the sun and moon are based on ponies. Maybe they could have humans as a non-dominant species that are just hanging out, like real ponies in our world, but it'd be kind of odd. Easier to just have a separate world (and preferably much like if ponies cross into the human world they transform into humans, the opposite should happen too)
    Yeah, I see what you mean. I think the idea of humans becoming ponies sounds like the best way to go about it (if any went to the FIM world). I personally think that FIM is set on a completly different planet to ours (with one episode confirming that Equestria is just one country supporting this) So I think that the best way to introduce humans (in canon or fanon) is the way you said; if humans go to their world they are made into ponies. It kind of works that way (btw; that fanfiction I mentioned, the pony who goes to our world, she stays as a pony - she gets younger, but she's still a pony...)

I can't believe I forgot to do this for you last post;

(\

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

So being an Equestria princess is like being a Disney princess. Got it.

I'm pretty curious to see where the show goes from here, seeing as (SPOILER)Twilight Sparkle's speech sounded like a partial goodbye, and seeing as she's a "princess" now, I doubt she'll continue living in the Ponyville Library.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    So being an Equestria princess is like being a Disney princess. Got it.[/spoiler]
    I wouldn't know. I followed the animal Disney, not the damsel in a dress Disney. Not looking at the spoiler, as I will be watching the episode tonight - I will no doubt have more of an opinion on the episode then. I am actually looking forward to the episode whatever happens.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    So being an Equestria princess is like being a Disney princess. Got it.[/spoiler]
    I wouldn't know. I followed the animal Disney, not the damsel in a dress Disney. Not looking at the spoiler, as I will be watching the episode tonight - I will no doubt have more of an opinion on the episode then. I am actually looking forward to the episode whatever happens.
    Well I could explain it, but it would kind of be a spoiler for the dumbest thing to ever happen in the show.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

I loved it.

I'll provide more detail if anyone's interested; there is one criticism (which you've probably guessed), but I can forgive it as it's only based on my own personal opinions. Looks like I'm staying for season 4.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I watched the season finale, and somehow I felt a bit disappointed. It appeared rushed, but with so many songs it wasn't that bad. Would have fared better if it separated into two different episodes. :<

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    I watched the season finale, and somehow I felt a bit disappointed. It appeared rushed, but with so many songs it wasn't that bad. Would have fared better if it separated into two different episodes. :<
    Apparrently it was supposed to be (according to another forum). I guess the pacing was another negative side to what I deemed to be an awesome episode though.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)I would have loved to see an entire episode with the ponies with their incorrect cutie marks, and the other episode with Twilight fixing the problem and then having to go through the coronation of becoming an Alicorn/Princess.

I also came across something that interested me.

About the Four Princesses and what they represent.

Celestia - Day
    Luna - Night
    Cadence - ... Dawn (I guess)
    Twilight Sparkle - Twilight (haha, because it's in her name)

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Oh god....

I would just leave it at that, but this was a horribly done episode in just about every way possible.

1) The conflict is introduced and resolved literally in the first ten minutes, and then the next quarter of the episode is that true true friends song.

2) What did the corrected spell do? I mean Twilight fixed the problem before she completed the spell. We See Big Mac helping at the farm, so not every pony was affected, meaning fixing the spell wasn't creating a cure. Was it the spell that turned her into an Alicorn? That's a bizzare stretch of going from switching around everyone's Cutie Marks to turning someone into an Alicorn. That also seemed doubtful as Celestia seemed completely unsurprised by the change, as if she was expecting it.

3) Where the hell did the Princess thing come from? There was no set up for it not only this entire season, but not even in the episode. It's just 'Well, you're a princess now cause you earned it'.

4) This seems to be a problem with Season 3 as a whole is their inability to utilize any of the ponys. The whole episode all any of the main 6, outside of Twilight, manage to do is so bare bones. Rarity makes clothes, Apple Jack farms apples, Fluttershy takes care of animals, Pinkie pie throws a party, Rainbow Dash kicks some clouds. None of them get to do anything outside of the most basic aspect of their character.

5) That was to many songs. At the 10 minute mark there had been four songs. The only reason they were really here was to pad the episode out.

So yes, I find this worse then the Season 2 Finale.

Blog Entries

I enjoyed it. I know it had its flaws (it was rushed, too many songs, Twi got all the credit for learning about friendship when the other 5 helped too, the whole thing was kinda shoehorned in the first place because of Hasbro insisting upon it etc), but eh. I went into it with a positive attitude and the past has taught me that makes all the difference. Nuts to all that, I was just tearfully full of pride for Twily

If you go in negative about it and looking for problems you will find them, I remember that from FFXII.

it's really dificult to know who to believe unless you know for a fact it's someone from the show.
    Indeed. It's like the old "my uncle is a game developer" thing.

Lauren loved MLP since she was a child, and often wrote fanfiction on it (do you still call it fanfiction if it was never posted online?) many episodes of MLP:FIM is based on her old fanfiction.
    Oh yes I know that much. I just didn't realise that was too

I'm not surprised that people judged the episode, and once again ignored Lauren's imput (I am not accusing you of this, nor am I accusing you of what so many bronies do...) Lauren seems to get very little respect and acknollegement from bronies where it really counts in my eyes - the following are examples of how our fandom tends to get wrong about her;

1. That she only wrote two episodes (or three if you split episode one).
    2. That she had nothing to do with season 2 (or even most of season 1)
    3. That she hated the previous gens.
    I guess in this case many must have been like me and simply didn't realise there was a "Lauren's input" to ignore since we'd already been well aware of her departure by them. But yeah sadly I'm sure people get many things wrong about her.

The opposite happens too - people were raging to her about the developments in this episode and she was having to fight them off and tell them she's actually got nothing to do with it now. I don't understand how someone can claim to be so much of a fan that they'll rage about a little thing like that, and not realise that Lauren left the show more than a year ago.

Yeah she was well involved in season 2 still as far as I heard.
    Sadly not being involved at all now it's lost her input and her guidance in not sending the show OOC, oh well.

Not to be negative but to be realistic I don't think it'll ever be as good as season 1 and 2. That was just magical, and that kind of "magic" requires its creator. Much like what has happened (IMO) with the FF games. I accept that though and continue to enjoy what they make of it - it has its weaknesses, but unless they were to entice Lauren back somehow it will not be in that league. It's okay - it's still one heck of a lot of fun and enjoyment and at least for now I'm in it for the ride still, warts and all.

Like I say, if they had realized they were going to make one of them Twilight's brother they could have at the very least mentioned him every so often, and then at the end it's like "Oh my God, her brothers getting married.". I'm pretty sure that the reaction most bronies had when they saw that scene when Twilight read the letter was "What brother?"
    Indeed, that would've worked better. No matter. I didn't see when they revealed the characters beforehand.

What really staggers me, is all the fanon writers saying how it ruins their fanmaterial - couldn't they just make their fanfictions non-canon? That's what I'm doing.
    You'd think. I guess people want to expand upon canon without conflicts *shrug*

I personally think that FIM is set on a completly different planet to ours (with one episode confirming that Equestria is just one country supporting this) So I think that the best way to introduce humans (in canon or fanon) is the way you said; if humans go to their world they are made into ponies. It kind of works that way (btw; that fanfiction I mentioned, the pony who goes to our world, she stays as a pony - she gets younger, but she's still a pony...)
    Yep yep. I've always considered it a different universe, like the FFs. Though I guess that does leave room for magical portals to our world without complicating things with space travel.

I can't believe I forgot to do this for you last post;

(\
    Hehe /)