Page 72 of 132 FirstFirst ... 225262666768697071727374757677788292122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1973

Thread: MLP:FiM Megathread: Does anyone even watch this show anymore edition

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by GhandiOwnsYou View Post
    Does anyone else find it hilarious that Roid Rage has tiny wings? Kinda lends support to the whole wingboner thing...

Also
    SERIOUSLY, THIS TIMES A HUNDRED

Hux and I watched the episode together and we were both "wtf, why isn't Spitfire helping" xD

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Does anyone else find it hilarious that Roid Rage has tiny wings? Kinda lends support to the whole wingboner thing...

Also
    SERIOUSLY, THIS TIMES A HUNDRED

Hux and I watched the episode together and we were both "wtf, why isn't Spitfire helping" xD
    Yeah. It woulda have made sense if they were going for the record, but once the first one fell apart and sent pegasi flying like shrapnel... I'd like to hear the explanation. "Well, I mean, I know that these Pegasi are in horrific danger, flying in an unstable funnel cloud and all. Not to mention that Cloudsdale only does this once a year, and that if they don't succeed here then lack of water supply will prevent cloud production, therefore dooming Equestria as a whole to drought and therefore starvation. But I worked my way up the chain, I earned my spot as a supervisor dammit."

Oh Spitty, why?

As a second point, was I the only one utterly convinced that Fluttershy was going to roll in with about ten thousand birds and butterflies to add wing power? I would have put money on that 20 minutes into the episode.

Birds and butterflys could in no way handle the force of the hurricane. Except exceptionally large birds.

And didn't you know? Spitfire is a dick.

One other thing I really liked about the episode though was how quickly Rainbow Dash became worried more about picking up Fluttershy's spirits then about getting her to help.

The Spitfire thing kinda made it feel like Fluttershy's small addition to get too 800 was irrelevant. Spitfire could've easily put them over the top without a problem once they were no longer trying to break a record. Still, I tried to ignore that. I love Fluttershy episodes and was sad at the lack of them this season, but they've tried to make up for lost time a good deal here recently and this one was great. Fluttershy has some of the best overcoming adversity bits.

On the toy front... out of 4 happy meals, I've gotten 2 RD and 2 Cherilee. I think the next time my wife and I go we'll try to trade in our duplicates.

Just out of curiosity, for those who bought the toys separately, how much did they charge you?

Time to get Nitpicky!

They fell short on their first attempt by 50WP, clocking out at 750.

They were short 8 ponies.

Without those ponies Rainbow Dash figured they would have had a tough time making the 800. Prior to this, however, Rainbow dash was confident they could reach the 100 mark. Just how much work did he expect those 8 ponies to do?
    If you are only taking into account the 50WP they were short, those 8 needed to average a 6.25WP. But the sick one is the one that clocked in 8 the first attempt. Lets say then that he improved to 10, the number Rainbow said they all needed to be at to break the record. Since, again, he clocked in at 8, and even fluttershy managed to improve her speed by 2 points without even putting the same amount of training in as the others, I think it's a safe assumtion he would have been up to 10. That means the other 7 were at an average of 6WMP.

If we take into account the full 150 to get to the full 1000, they would have to be averaging 18WMP between the 8 of them. It would require every last one of them to have achieved a higher WP then equestria's fastest Flier, Rainbow Dash who clocked in at 16.

Rainbow Dash may be headstrong, but this is far to unrealistic an expectation for her to have had. That and I doubt she'd expect that many ponies to have match her speed, none the less surpass it. The numbers make virtually no sense in context of whats going on.

However, I did figure something pretty funny. Rainbow stated if all of the Pegasi, (Since it seemed all Pegasus were to contribute to the Hurricane), needed to reach a WP of 10 or greater, doing so would allow them to break the record. Ignoring the sillyness of expecting some of these guys to double their speed in such a short time (Since the first pony to test their WP clocked in 5) we can figure out the approximate number of grown Pegasus in Cloudsdale/Ponyville. First off, we subtract Rainbow dash's speed of 16, giving us 984. At 10WP a pony, we have 98.4, or rather 99 ponies other then Rainbow Dash. So including Rainbow back in, we have approximately 100 Pegasus living in the area, not counting smaller ones.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Time to get Nitpicky!

Without those ponies Rainbow Dash figured they would have had a tough time making the 800. Prior to this, however, Rainbow dash was confident they could reach the 100 mark. Just how much work did he expect those 8 ponies to do?
    If you are only taking into account the 50WP they were short, those 8 needed to average a 6.25WP. But the sick one is the one that clocked in 8 the first attempt. Lets say then that he improved to 10, the number Rainbow said they all needed to be at to break the record. Since, again, he clocked in at 8, and even fluttershy managed to improve her speed by 2 points without even putting the same amount of training in as the others, I think it's a safe assumtion he would have been up to 10. That means the other 7 were at an average of 6WMP.

If we take into account the full 150 to get to the full 1000, they would have to be averaging 18WMP between the 8 of them. It would require every last one of them to have achieved a higher WP then equestria's fastest Flier, Rainbow Dash who clocked in at 16.

Rainbow Dash may be headstrong, but this is far to unrealistic an expectation for her to have had. That and I doubt she'd expect that many ponies to have match her speed, none the less surpass it. The numbers make virtually no sense in context of whats going on.

However, I did figure something pretty funny. Rainbow stated if all of the Pegasi, (Since it seemed all Pegasus were to contribute to the Hurricane), needed to reach a WP of 10 or greater, doing so would allow them to break the record. Ignoring the sillyness of expecting some of these guys to double their speed in such a short time (Since the first pony to test their WP clocked in 5) we can figure out the approximate number of grown Pegasus in Cloudsdale/Ponyville. First off, we subtract Rainbow dash's speed of 16, giving us 984. At 10WP a pony, we have 98.4, or rather 99 ponies other then Rainbow Dash. So including Rainbow back in, we have approximately 100 Pegasus living in the area, not counting smaller ones.
    I noticed this too, very funny no?
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One other thing I really liked about the episode though was how quickly Rainbow Dash became worried more about picking up Fluttershy's spirits then about getting her to help.
    That's something I really liked too. I was both hoping, and expecting them to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Time to get Nitpicky!

I noticed this too, very funny no?

Perhaps we're looking at the math incorrectly. We're assuming here that 2 ponies at 10 WP will give a cumulative total of 20 wing power, when that may not be true. Maybe airflow patterns or particular formations allow the pegasi to increase the final WP beyond the sum of the individual Pegasi's measurements? Maybe the second pony is able to utilize the current from the first pony's contrail to increase their output, as the air is already motion after the lead pony. Or for that matter, Once the tornado itself starts going it stands to reason that since keeping the momentum of a rotation going is easier than pushing in a linear path that they could increase the efficiency of the formation as the tornado built up. This is of course assuming that WP was more a measurement of overall air movement rather than a measurement of force output. I assume this is the case because the method of Twilights measurements appeared to be based solely on air movement rather than something factoring in the weight of a pony or overall work performed by any given pony. It looked like it was only taking into account airspeed/flow.

What we need here is some of Macintosh's fancy mathematics...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's cumulative or Fluttershy wouldn't have been freaking out about 5 wing power.

BTW, was anyone else half expecting fluttershy to end up being as fast as rainbow dash or possibly even more so. Also, what would rainbow dash's wing bower be during a sonic rainboom?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I definitely didn't expect Fluttershy to get anywhere near Rainbow Dash's speed/wingpower. That would be just way too deus ex machina for the show.

As a second point, was I the only one utterly convinced that Fluttershy was going to roll in with about ten thousand birds and butterflies to add wing power? I would have put money on that 20 minutes into the episode.
    I totally thought that's what would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    Just out of curiosity, for those who bought the toys separately, how much did they charge you?
    $0.99 each, plus tax.

You people and your math
    Based on the episode title I was expecting Fluttershy to go to Twilight or Zecora for help improving her wingpower, resulting in a spell or potion gone horribly awry.
    Also, didn't Fluttershy catch Rainbow Dash while dragging a hot air balloon and the rest of the mane six behind her during The Return of Harmony?

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes she did. I guess it's a sort of "If you're determined for the right reasons" thing. I think it's also that she has the skills, but doesn't believe herself or something?

Raindbow Dash was also being dragged down by Rarity and Pinkie Pie at the time, and I would assume Rainbow can't go near full speed lugging around her own wait as well as two other ponies.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Firin mah Twilight!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post

Firin mah Twilight!
    Gatling Pony is best automatic weapon.

edit: and I give you like a day and a half before someone has modded this into some FPS.