Page 99 of 132 FirstFirst ... 49798993949596979899100101102103104105109119 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1973

Thread: MLP:FiM Megathread: Does anyone even watch this show anymore edition

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I said decent, not good.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a feeling I was the only one who was emotionally affected by MLD (I'm just an emotional guy I guess).

I would like your advice with a couple of things. If I was to make a fanfiction that was set after the events of Friendship is Magic but had needed for certain things to go a certain way for my fanfiction to work, and FIM ended up going a different way, and there was no way for my fanfiction to compromise it, can I still go the way I intended as it is still fanfiction.

I employ you to answer this question even if you don't like fanfiction (though technically speaking FIM is fanfiction itself) it would mean a lot to me.

Secondly, I would like your opinions onthis article do you think it's written well? Are there anymore things that you noticed that I didn't? Please note, it is unfinished.

I really hope you didn't mind me asking I was just curious about how to do this as I love the actual show, so I want to do something with my fandom (not saying it will be good, but I'll make the effort).
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 08-15-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Blog Entries

Well, It's a little late, but I might as well respond to UncleBigHands' playthrough.

Ah, My Little Pony. How I love your adorableness, your charm, and your uplifting and Care Free Nature.

Ah Final Fantasy VI, how I love your dark tones, your grim setting, and your land of constant struggle.

Why, these are two things that fit perfectly together, Right?

….Right?
    Strangley I never found FFVI too dark to not be uplifting, and I never found it too unlikely for FIM to have an FF style setting. In fact I was reminded of FF when I watched the pilot (though now I think more of classic MLP)

Poor Twilight wakes up in a strange pony's home, and we get our first Character Description!

(SPOILER)

And now we see our first glimpses into Twilights past, and we get to view Discord being his comedically messed up self, and totally not a cruel and demented ass who is in the service of Gilda!

(SPOILER)

I really need to stop expecting things to accurately reflect the show.
    As silly as this may seem, I'm actually quite pleased with it. Realistically Gilda playing Geshtalhl doesn't work for a number of reasons, but given what happens to the character, I'm happy with it (I am not a Gilda fan, at all.)

And while we are at it, why is the bumbling child who has no currently known talents being trusted to save the mass murder machine that is Twilight Sparkle?
    (SPOILER) Lol. I dunno, but I found it cute. Is it any better than getting some random theif to do it? Yeah, I know he's part of the Returners, but it makes no sense the first time. So neither does this? I dunno.

You know, there is so much wrong with this, and I am going to go into great detail as to why. For starters AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH WTF SCOOTALOO IS EVERY WHERE! RUN FOR YOUR SMURFING LIVES!
    (SPOILER)

[/quote] When I said that I wanted more Scootaloo I didn't mean it to be this litteral! I get what they were doing here, but it just looked weird and made no sense. I get that Scootaloo is playing Mog, but they could have chosen random ponies to be her army instead of a bunch of clones since we're not going to be using them again. Even if they had all just been Scoot-recolorers it would have been better.

[spoiler=Real Thoughts]
    I'll start with some things I find really cool about this. Firstly, some of the small things like Twilight casting a spell animation you see her reading from a book.
    It gets better, I like the attention to detail. It is obvious that this was made by a fan of the MLP franchise.

What I don't like is some very odd casting choices. Ghestal, for example, being replaced by Gilda Griffon. Or The Figaro Brothers replaced by Celestia and Luna. They don't really feel fitting for those roles.
    Same goes with AppleBloom. Her position as Locke Boggles me, and since they even acknowledge her having no special talents in game, it's even stranger that she's the go to between Canterlot and the Rebels.
    I think they chose Luna and Celestia because they are royal sisters, Edga and Sabin are royal brothers. I think it's that simple. They're not supposed to completly play the characters they play, it's (for better or worst) the ponies in the FFVI storyline. I think it's basically Apple Bloom's (not Applebloom) compassion and and adventurous personallity that places her in Locke's role. The go-between stuff is a little contrived I grant you.

What really makes the casting funny to is that there are actually some comparrisons that have been avoided. Both Luna and Cyan have the same dialect but Luna doesn't play Cyan, and (SPOILER)both Trixie and Relm speak in third person, but Trixie isn't playing Relm

Like I say it's more the ponies themselves (or the programer's version of them) in FFVI rather than the ponies playing the actual characters, but they take some of the FF character to fit in. To be honest, I always found FFVI to be the easiest FF to replace the cast with for some reason. I still love it, but I just always found it the best for this type of thing.

I find this game hard to keep interested in playing saddly.

And I actually really like Scootaloo being cast as Mog. That was one of the funner choices for me, and I'm not really fond of Scootaloo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Big Hands View Post
    I find this game hard to keep interested in playing saddly.

And I actually really like Scootaloo being cast as Mog. That was one of the funner choices for me, and I'm not really fond of Scootaloo.
    That's okay. I might add my own view to the game when I can. And I know you're not a CMC fan.

EDIT: One thing I'm really loving about PFVI is that (SPOILER)Ponies from the OLDER generations are being sort of included which I think is really awesome. Sadly, the most awesome G1 pony (IMO) has yet to make an appearance, but I'll look out for her...
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 08-19-2012 at 05:48 PM.

I'm actually looking forwad to both Rarity and Sweetie Belle as Strago and Realm though.

After I finish my current playthrough of P4 I might hop back onto this though. It's not badly made by any means.

Blog Entries

I'm actually looking forwad to both Rarity and Sweetie Belle as Strago and Realm though.
    When Sweetie Belle came on I just couldn't stop "awwww"ing but you're mileage may vary as I actually like the FIM character. The chemisty between the two sisters is pretty well handled if you ask me.

Also you'll want to see what they chose for Rarity's "dead" sprite.

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    When Sweetie Belle came on I just couldn't stop "awwww"ing but you're mileage may vary as I actually like the FIM character. The chemisty between the two sisters is pretty well handled if you ask me.

It's going to involve the couch, isn't it?

Blog Entries

It's going to involve the couch, isn't it?
    I'll let Pinkie answer for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Forgot to post this! My friend and I hosted a Pony Panel at Anime Blues, a Memphis concention. My friend went as Rarity and I was a well-dressed man (I was supposed to be Fancypants but my dye didn't work! So I didn't bother.)

Anyway, here's a brief clip someone took of the con. You can see me towards the middle. The panel was awesome and the crowd was a delight.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want a muffin. Looks like you had a fun time, Laddy!

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

Hope you had fun at the con, Laddy. Annoyingly there was an actual FIM convention in the UK recently, but I couldn't go - I really hope I can go to one while it's still a popular show (I'll still like the show as I didn't get into it for the popularity, but if I'm going to go to a brony con I'd like to go when we're in our droves, not just four people).

Also; (SPOILER)tumblr_m91kw4SdYF1r2qb68o1_1280.jpg if this turns out to be an official description then Hasbro are not doing basic research on the show...

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Hope you had fun at the con, Laddy. Annoyingly there was an actual FIM convention in the UK recently, but I couldn't go - I really hope I can go to one while it's still a popular show (I'll still like the show as I didn't get into it for the popularity, but if I'm going to go to a brony con I'd like to go when we're in our droves, not just four people).

Also; (SPOILER)tumblr_m91kw4SdYF1r2qb68o1_1280.jpg if this turns out to be an official description then Hasbro are not doing basic research on the show...
    All my wut. Applejack is looking good for a (SPOILER)mare old enough to have Granny as a filly.

It's her all apple diet keeping her in such lean shape all these years.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

She's so cuuuuute!
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen