Thread: I just saw the ending to "The Departed"

Blog Entries

Default I just saw the ending to "The Departed"

Along with the rest of the movie, mind you.

I really liked it, but oh my gosh, that ending.(SPOILER) "Hey, I'm a character you haven't heard about for the entire movie! I'm here to shoot the main character."

Any endings you didn't like recently?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post

I really liked it, but oh my gosh, that ending.(SPOILER) "Hey, I'm a character you haven't heard about for the entire movie! I'm here to shoot the main character."
    You must not have been paying full attention if you didn't hear about Dignam prior to the ending, or if you thought Sullivan was the main character. And really, how could you not love that ending? I know I wanted nothing more than to see Sullivan (SPOILER)get shot in the head by the end of the film.

I dunno, I can't think of the last time a film's ending really annoyed me. Inception had an ending that irritated me for the simple fact that it left me hanging in the most painful way imaginable...and I loved it for that at the same time.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome ending isn't it? I remember the first time I saw it I was speechless!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post

You must not have been paying full attention if you didn't hear about Dignam prior to the ending, or if you thought Sullivan was the main character. And really, how could you not love that ending? I know I wanted nothing more than to see Sullivan (SPOILER)get shot in the head by the end of the film.

I dunno, I can't think of the last time a film's ending really annoyed me. Inception had an ending that irritated me for the simple fact that it left me hanging in the most painful way imaginable...and I loved it for that at the same time.
    No, not Dignam, the other guy! I guess Sullivan wasn't really the main character, but still, the ending just kinda came out of nowhere to me. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but meh.

Dignam was in the movie quite a lot and Leonardo was the main focus. You crazy person watch it again. Ending was perfect, along with the whole film.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post

Dignam was in the movie quite a lot and Leonardo was the main focus. You crazy person watch it again. Ending was perfect, along with the whole film.
    I know. Dignam WAS in the movie quite a lot. He was always with Queenan. I'm talking about the character who was genuinely unnamed throughout the entire film who(SPOILER) shot Leonardo Di Caprio's character, Costigan. :0

Articles
    Blog Entries

I saw that old David Fincher film 'the game', that ending sucked. The movie had its moments, but the ending was so screwed up (not in a good way).

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Just a typical Scorsese ending really. I like his movies but I hate when he does that at the end.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Departed is almost a shot-for-shot remake of Infernal Affairs, but I think they just added that extra twist at the end in an attempt get one over on the film they were re-making. I prefer the original, personally.