Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII Riddles again

Follower of the Cross am I?
    This sounds like either Fujin or Raijin, both of whom may be called 'Followers of the Cross'.

If the Ruby you seek I may deny
    Does Ruby refer to the Carbuncle summon? Or does it refer to a different summon?

Best be quick in case you fly!
    This boss could easily have you 'fly' by an ability.

Ultimate end is your reward when
    Sounds link the 'ultimate end' is either the Eden summon, which I highly doubt, or access to Ultimecia who is also the final boss of the game.

I reach for the sky!
    This boss reaches for the sky.

Just throwing it out there.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

Need a name for your character, ability, item, or location. I might be able to help, see this entry for more information .

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The ultimate end could be the boss bringing your health down to 1, a la the battle with Edea at the end of Disc 1. I can't actually remember if that happens though

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinwa Tsuki View Post
    This sounds like either Fujin or Raijin, both of whom may be called 'Followers of the Cross'.
    Follower of the Cross refers to something out of the game, its the cryptic clue to my riddle

Does Ruby refer to the Carbuncle summon? Or does it refer to a different summon?
    This is the joint best clue to solving the riddle, and as such I will not be giving any comment about it.

This boss could easily have you 'fly' by an ability.
    This line is really just a filler, I needed to make it up 4/5 lines, you probably won't understand the answer to this clue till I explain it (after the riddle has been solved).

Sounds link the 'ultimate end' is either the Eden summon, which I highly doubt, or access to Ultimecia who is also the final boss of the game.

I reach for the sky!
    This boss reaches for the sky.
    these two lines along with the Ruby line are the parts of the riddle you guys will be able to solve it with, I will no more about it.

Jiro: You're referring to The End, one of Selphie's random magics. I like PC versions and savegame editors.

Regarding the riddle: Ruby... Ruby ray? Attack named Ruby something? You get Eden from Ultima Weapon, for which you have to go through Bahamut... Or is it one of the guardians at Ultimecia's den? ... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, Tiamat, countdown, draw Eden - I feel I'm onto something!
    Last edited by Silent Warrior; 11-05-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Bested by Shinwa Tsuki!
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
    Jiro: You're referring to Final End, one of Selphie's random magics. I like PC versions and savegame editors.
    That Limit Break of Selphie's is normally called "The End". (I don't mean to insult you - if I did.)

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
    Regarding the riddle: Ruby... Ruby ray? Attack named Ruby something? You get Eden from Ultima Weapon, for which you have to go through Bahamut... Or is it one of the guardians at Ultimecia's den? ... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, Tiamat, countdown, draw Eden - I feel I'm onto something!
    We have the Ruby Dragon... But that's about all I can say.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

Need a name for your character, ability, item, or location. I might be able to help, see this entry for more information .

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

The riddle has nothing to do with Ruby Dragon or Eden or Ultima Weapon for that matter either. ^^

Articles
    Blog Entries

Is it Tiamat?

Shinwa: No insult, I'm only embarrassed. Embarrassment's fine, no worries. (But I still corrected my post, HA!)

Hm... Follower of the Cross... Out of game, says he/she/it? Smells like Christianity, then, but what on Earth...

... Diablos?
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Is it Tiamat?
    Very good thinking, if you think along these lines then the answer should be forth coming.

But no, it isn't Tiamat.

I'm starting to think the 'best be quick'-bit refers to the pendulum you jump across at Ultimecia's place... but that leads to Tiamat, right? And Tiamat is apparently not what we're after... I'll have to play FF8 again for this, I just keep drawing blanks.
    Eh... Omega Weapon?

It's Bahamut, isn't it?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Not Bahamut, Not Omega Weapon either.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Krysta.

ichigo

Is it possible to compile a list of hints and incorrect guesses, as well as a repost (maybe) of the riddle?
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    Krysta.
    Good job, you have it.

Krysta as a girl's name is a variant of Christa (Latin), Christina (Latin), Krista (Czechoslovakian) and Kristen (Latin), and the meaning of Krysta is "follower of Christ"

Simply put, you can draw Carbuncle from her, and if you have failed to unlock draw, she will deny it to you.

The boss is the fastest boss in the dungeon, so you best be quick in defeating her incase you die (turn to an angel hence fly).

I reach for the sky!
    Ultimate end is the reward you get for defeating her, in the battle she reaches for the sky and then casts Ultima.

Great job Scotty, its your turn ^^