Page 1 of 41 12345671121 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII Riddles again

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Default Final Fantasy VIII Riddles again

New riddle thread to celebrate the 100th anniversary of May 30th 1911. I'm gonna just copy the rules from BG-57's FF7 thread...

1) Only one riddle can be solved at a time.

2) One guess per post.

3) Giving hints is optional.

4) Whoever solves the riddle gets to post their own.

5) If the solver refuses to post a new riddle, the riddler can select another person to go, or leave it up to the next person who posts.
    Shinwa Tsuki is up to post the new riddle!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

RIP old thread. FTW new thread.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Hahaha, thanks to my Guide I was able to get the answer - I only guessed with the third line as nothing else made any sense, this amused me greatly.

As for the riddle....hmmm.... I'll have to think about it.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

Need a name for your character, ability, item, or location. I might be able to help, see this entry for more information .

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Make it a good one.

I have something in mind, just need to figure out how I will phrase it.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

Need a name for your character, ability, item, or location. I might be able to help, see this entry for more information .

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

post it please! I need the thrill. Rantz did you archive ff8 riddles?
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

No. Do we archive riddle threads? I don't remember.

I hope this is enough:

Triple head I have,
    Luminance swathed are two.
    People plantation is swimming,
    Opposition dictation; possessed mother.

Trade my card for,
    The opposite of heavyweight,
    by ten time ten.

I can warn you,
    Upcoming combat; always face-to-face.

Dust hell gladly received,
    Gale sorcery I resist.

Who am I?
    It was the best I could think of.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Yeah, it is. I guess the 'triple head I have' gave it away?

Do you want to figure out what the each individual line means? Or refers to? I'd like to see you - or others - puzzle it out.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

Triple head I have, <- Duh.
    Luminance swathed are two. <- Not sure, but he/it IS located in a light pillar.
    People plantation is swimming, <- SeeD-school, students - but I can't begin to puzzle out where the swimming comes into play.
    Opposition dictation; possessed mother. <- The struggle against Edea, of course. To be terse.

Trade my card for,
    by ten time ten. <- Poetry for 'Trade the Cerberus card for loads of Lightweights? Whatever, I think you get Haste out of them, at the end of the day.

I can warn you, <- It was a long time ago, but I believe he/it warns you that your hindquarters will be soundly whipped if you don't back off.
    Upcoming combat; always face-to-face. <- My memory fails me, but do you perhaps have to approach him/it from his front to successfully interact with him?

Dust hell gladly received, <- Not sure, but I believe Cerberus is some kind of hell's watchdog.
    Gale sorcery I resist. <- Don't hit him with wind-magic, for thou wilt be remorseful.
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

These riddles are interesting.
    "Would you say I became a hero?"

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
    Triple head I have, <- Duh.
    Correct.

Luminance swathed are two. <- Not sure, but he/it IS located in a light pillar.
    Yes, Cerberus is in a pillar of light - as is Bahamut; thus two. I would have used to word bathed instead of swathed.

People plantation is swimming, <- SeeD-school, students - but I can't begin to puzzle out where the swimming comes into play.
    You're correct about it being Garden - in the game it is filled with people instead of flowers. At some point the B. Garden and the G. Garden float over land or swim though the ocean.

Opposition dictation; possessed mother. <- The struggle against Edea, of course. To be terse.
    More like the opposition dictation is Galbadia. You're correct about Edea, she is the possessed mother - and matrons are mothers.

Trade my card for,
    by ten time ten. <- Poetry for 'Trade the Cerberus card for loads of Lightweights? Whatever, I think you get Haste out of them, at the end of the day.
    Hm, not quite. Here trade is used in place of 'modify'. You're correct about Lightweight - which are the opposite of heavyweight. You get 100 Lightweights when you modify Cerberus' card.

I can warn you, <- It was a long time ago, but I believe he/it warns you that your hindquarters will be soundly whipped if you don't back off.
    I was thinking more of the ability Alert. I don't recall how you encounter Cerberus.

Upcoming combat; always face-to-face. <- My memory fails me, but do you perhaps have to approach him/it from his front to successfully interact with him?
    Relates to his ability Alert - prevents back attacks. You can approach him from any side.

Considering where you encounter him, Cerberus is bathed in light on the first floor - the entrance from when it was stationary.

Dust hell gladly received, <- Not sure, but I believe Cerberus is some kind of hell's watchdog.
    Funny, I wasn't thinking of that. Dust hell was a synonym for 'thunder' which is what Cerberus absorbs.

Gale sorcery I resist. <- Don't hit him with wind-magic, for thou wilt be remorseful.
    Not quite, gale sorcery does refer to wind magic, but he's immune to it.
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon

It's been over a week, so Kaiser forfeits his turn. Open round.

Hmm.... Okay, Chocoboy, I'm quite confidant that I've got your FF9 riddle answered - if so, why don't you make a riddle here?
    神話―月
    Shinwa-Tsuki
    Myth-Moon