This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Default recommend some 360 games

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Fable games spring to mind immediately, Fallout 3, Elderscrolls 4 Oblivion (and Elderscrolls 5 Skyrim later this year) Mass Effect series, Lost Odyssey (made by the FF developers but not on Squenix rolls) Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean (theres only one on 360) and the Dragon Age games all come to mind immediately, theres also the marmite status game of Too Human.

Outside of the above RPGs I will say:

Burnout Paradise
    Red Dead Redemption
    Dead Rising (1 & 2)
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare & Black Ops (if only for zombies and multiplayer)
    Halo Wars
    Civ Revolutions (hellz yeah!)
    Saints Row 2
    GTA 4
    Gears of War
    Ace Combat 06
    Assassins Creed

Are all essential to own games.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Civ Revolutions (hellz yeah!)
    There's a Civ game for 360? Well dang. The more you know!

Blog Entries

I'm gonna be the only one to recommend this game but get Blue Dragon. It may be easy once you figure it out but it's like FFV and Dragon Quest thrown into a blender.

Also, get Fable 2 and 3, Lost Odyssey. I can't say I can recommend Star Ocean 4 or Infinite Undiscovery (personally loathed both games) but they're polarizing anyways.

Last Remnant gets thrown in that category too (and is kind of like a Saga game) but I personally liked that game, even with how balls-to-the-wall difficult it was.

Both Dead Rising games are awesome but I suggest playing 1 first because 2 improved on a lot of things. You'll get good replay value out of both games.

Guilty Gear Overture is a pretty decent hack-and-slash title and can be had for like 10 bucks now.

Fallout 3 is my favorite Western RPG this generation.

There's some good stuff on XBLA too, like Castle Crashers (beat-em-up with RPG elements), Splosion Man, R-Type Dimensions, The Dishwasher (action game), Battlefield 1943 (need a Gold account to play), and hell, just check XBLA out when you get your 360.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Mirror's Edge! Rent it first. It's awesome, but you can finish it in a day or two. And definitely Mass Effect if you haven't already.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fable 2 & 3 & The Last Remnant. 3 reasons why I'd like an XBOX 360

Now are you just asking for exclusives or is this including multi-platform games?
    Anyways make sure to pick up:
    -Fallout 3
    -Red Dead Redemption
    -GTA IV
    -Alan Wake
    -Left 4 Dead 1&2
    -SSFIV
    -wait for Forza 4
    -rumoured Halo CE HD remake (might not be a rumour after tommarrow)
    -Some Bioshock
    -Some Assassin's Creed would be nice
    -MGS Collection come november
    -ZOE collection next year
    -Splinter Cell:Conviction
    -Pickup Halo 3 for cheap
    -Mass effect 1&2& make sure to get 3 in Jan
    -....lots more!

Borderlands. Do you have Borderlands? If not, buy Borderlands.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I honest to god have no clue how anyone has derived any joy out of Fable 2. And I'd also pass up on Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssy, and Blue Dragon. Those games bored the life out of me.

Best games for 360 that are RPG's would be Fallout 3 and New Vegas, as well as Eternal Sonata. The only good exclusive RPG I recall playing was Spectral Force 3. The VA's are terrible, and the dialogue is pretty badly translated, but on a whole the game-play itself is very well done.

For non RPG's though, Gears of War is one I don't think's been listed. THe first one was great, though I haven't played 2, though I don't see why it wouldn't be good.

And while I have not played it, Alan wake looks great. That's one of the big reasons I kind of wish I still had a 360.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'll second Splinter Cell: Conviction. Playing it recently has been awesome fun, especially since Danielle and I can both play using the co-op storyline and the various co-op missions. Single player is equally fun.

Mass Effect games will always be the 'big draw card' for me when it comes to the 360, of course these are now multiplatform so if you have a PS3 it's up to you which way you go. I'll stick to 360 because of my saves and due to the entire trilogy being available (ME1 is not on PS3).

Halo games are good, too. But yeah, for the most part it's all about Splinter Cell: Conviction (especially if you have a mate to play the co-op stuff with) and Mass Effect games.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

GTA4 complete collection
    Bayonetta (its by the dude that made devil may cry)
    Gears of War
    Deathsmiles (if you're into 2D shooters)
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow
    Mortal Kombat

Hope you like the suggestions

Blog Entries

Yeah Bayonetta is awesome too and I feel stupid for not mentioning it. It's leagues better than the DMC series even and DMC is one of my favorite series. It also runs way better on 360 unless you get the patch for the PS3 version, then they run about the same (360 version is still a little less choppy).

Guardian Heroes is coming in a few months (I think, unless they moved it forward) and it's one of the best side scrolling beat-em-ups ever, and even has some RPG elements. There's a pretty good reason why the game goes for over 100 bucks on Saturn.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down