View Poll Results: Who will win the league this season?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

8 50.00%
  • Chelsea

3 18.75%
  • Man City

2 12.50%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Liverpool

2 12.50%
  • Swansea

1 6.25%
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516172131 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 English Football Season and STEWART DOWNING WHAT ON EARTH Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    It always seemed that Chelsea would inevitably get one of Torres or Aguero.

Penny for your thoughts, Roman? =]
    I'm surprised they didn't get both. Now that would be a strike partnership.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Fair play to plucky Arsenal, many smaller clubs like them who can't fill their stadiums go into their shell when Liverpool show up, but they did their best and only resorted to long ball football at the end. And Frimpong looks very much like an Arsenal player. Very good at vocalising discontent and playing for free kicks. So that's a positive for them. If they carry on with their plucky never-say-die attitude, they might be a good outside bet for a Europa League place.

And as for Charlie Adam... he's alright you know. I like Charlie. I wish for Charlie to come to my house so I can watch this game over and over with him. I wonder if Charlie would like that.

Kenny Dalglish Swears at Arsene Wenger 17/04/11 - YouTube

ps: thanks man utd for letting us borrow "Own Goal", he's a pretty handy player!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

We know, he's scored for us this season already.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Christ, you have to feel for Arsenal - that has to be one of the softest own goals I've ever seen. (monster for added effect)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Arsenal: Don't worry, guys, you have the best youth development system in English football! You'll be fine! And you still have Nasri!
    West Brom: Two games, two solid displays against to opposition in which they could have stolen a couple of quality draws... two 2-1 losses. Good preparation for the next games against relatively weaker oppositions, simply unlucky battlers, or bottlers when in good positions late in the game?
    Spurs: Hahaha, bloody hell they just can't cut it this year. 17th already! ...Oh, right.
    Bolton/City: After two 4-0 games in the first round, why aren't the media billing this as the "season-winning game" yet? Have the English media gone soft or something?
    Everton: Ah, geez, ooh, wow, uhm, yeah... but hey, at least now that Long has scored against both Chelsea and United, you can be told who you probably couldn't afford to but somehow still should have bought during the off-season!
    Swansea/Wigan: If this was a "both sides need two points to stay up" game, they would have stood back to back, walked ten paces forward, turned around and drew. =|
    Blackburn: Heskey is your bogey player? Really? Really!?

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Arsenal: Don't worry, guys, you have the best youth development system in English football!
    No, they don't. Maybe the manager of the best team in Europe can tell you who does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pep Guardiola
    Liverpool Academy is the only one who can compete with "La Masia". If they can manage those lads, then maybe 20 star players can arrive from that academy.
    In 20 years time, it'll be our year...!

ps: if I ever, ever catch you badmouthing Emile Heskey again I will call you Bob forever and encourage every other member of this forum to do the same

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

You do stuff like that anyway. I wasn't badmouthing Heskey, I was badmouthing Blackburn. ^_^

Arsenal = Sarcasm. Manchester United fan Ramsey has recently come out to say he joined Arsenal instead of United because he felt that Arsenal were better at developing youth talent (by which I assume he means developing Southampton's youth talent).

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by lonny bob
    Blackburn: Heskey is your bogey player? Really? Really!?
    From what I can find through a bit of research, Man Utd's bogey player is Danny Murphy, so you're not exactly in a position to talk.

Articles

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Only NZ'ers will get this... and I'm probably the only one who reads this thread.

Those bloody Murphys!

EDIT: 2:00 in, now go watch the rest of the movie and educate yourselves in NZ culture.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

"David Silva football."

"If do right, no can defense."
    Last edited by DK; 08-21-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'd like to formally apologise to the rest of the league for helping Neil Warnock feel that bit smugger over the weekend. Still, at least Rochdale showed him who's boss/showed us how to beat QPR.

I'm almost tempted to put money on us going out of the League Cup tonight at Sheffield United. I know you shouldn't beat against your own team, but I think I'll almost be surprised if we are in the draw for the next round.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Some really interesting moves as the window begins to close:

Mata for Chelsea is a great move. I had him rated very highly when Liverpool seemed interested early on and seeing him go to one of our rivals truly stinks. That said, being able to watch him on a more consistent basis will be fun.

Coates for Liverpool would be a wonderful move. He's young, very tall and has loads of talent. He reminds me very much of a young Sami Hyypia, which can only be a good thing.

Arsenal.... well, I really don't understand WHY they seem to keep dragging their feet. Either Arsene will pull off the single most remarkable season for them in a long while or they will finally finish outside the Top 4. There's really no middle ground in my mind. They aren't up to the level of Man Utd, City, Chelsea or Liverpool right now.

Take care all.

Articles

Yes, yes, I know it's only week three etc. etc. but:

Arsenal and Spurs in the relegation zone as I type this. I think I just came.

I think my prediction for City to win the league wasn't a bad one, you know.

edit: STOKE

edit2: My prediction for Man Utd to come third looks to be an abysmal one and I hereby officially rescind it. Jesus christ. Truly a Manchester pissing contest going on.

edit3: I... I think I enjoyed a Manchester United victory. I am scared. Someone hold me. Wait hold on, let me think of a dig. Did you hear their fans? Their fans were actually singing! That's how good it was! There we go.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

What a glorious day of football, we casually rolled up to spurs home ground and pissed all over them for a laugh, Dzeko with FOUR, are you serious. and then Utd take top spot by goal difference after trashing arsenal. I don't even give a tit, you can have it for that ahahahahah. smurfing learned so bad, worst team ever, wengers tears will be the sweetest nectar.

Remember reading on another forum, bunch of arsenal fans claiming if they bought two or three random nobodies from the french league (lol) they'd be "miles better" than Liverpool this season. Literally aren't any more deluded fans in the world anywhere, seriously the worst people ever, can't even claim to be better than newly promoted Swansea let alone Liverpool who have put together a very nice squad. There's not a bunch of more deserving failures for this to happen to in any sport in any country. what a glorious day