View Poll Results: Who will win the league this season?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

8 50.00%
  • Chelsea

3 18.75%
  • Man City

2 12.50%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Liverpool

2 12.50%
  • Swansea

1 6.25%
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8121314151617181920212223242838 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 English Football Season and STEWART DOWNING WHAT ON EARTH Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think it would be harsh to say it's unfair that City have money now. When you look at the Financial "Fair" Play rules coming in, we're still going to be able to spend more than any other club in Britain. Is that fair? Should we be the only ones entitled to spend x amount? I don't know the politics of it all (I suspect a massive chunk of the politics behind the ruling are based around two certain Spanish clubs, not British ones), but City have the right and they've taken that right and went with it. We have handled big spending clubs arising before and it will happen for all time. This is the way of things. Competitions without competition are pointless. It's up to us now to get six more points than City (and Chelsea etc) between now and the end of the season.

I hate that we lost. But I think that sometimes a big loss like that can lead to positive change, and I hope we see that. Starting with the procurement of natural fullbacks that know how to defend. Evra no longer does the latter (and in attack, to be honest, he's not the best - great for dribbles and one-twos but his assists are nowhere to be seen). Smalling is not a natural fullback and would have been better off in the position Evans was in. We need changes and for me, they need to be in the fullback positions above all else. We have amazing wingers, we out-possessed City before the sending off so our midfield should be okay (Cleverley, come back soon), our strike force is superb, we have enough central defenders to push Evans out (at least he can't play for three games now) and our keepers are good enough and will improve. Fullbacks. We need fullbacks.

It's not City's fault we lost, it's ours.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

The A to Z of Mario Balotelli

J is for Jenny Thompson. The prostitute linked to Wayne Rooney in the media. Balotelli reportedly saw her in a Manchester restaurant (See, Tevez – Manchester does have restaurants) and started chanting “ROONEY! ROONEY! ROONEY!” at the top of his voice.
    I cannot fully express in words how much I love this man. Never change, Super Mario.

Blog Entries

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

What a lovely London accent that Manchester United fan has.

Mario Ballotelli is my favourite non-Liverpool footballer. He has a reputation for trouble but that's plain wrong. He is simply not known for sleazy boozed up nights out where he smurfs a prostitute or smashes someone's face in. He's just a delightful eccentric doing wacky stuff because he finds it fun. Love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    What a lovely London accent that Manchester United fan has..
    You ain't exactly a Scouser now are you queen hypocrite?

Articles

tbh I've been meaning to rant about the rampant racism at NTFC for some time and you gave me an excuse to do so.

Oh and as for Luis, behave yourself. There has been absolutely no proof that he's a racist. But hey sure let's take the word of a diving whining sack of bollocks like Evra over, say, hours of TV footage from multiple camera angles. Why not.

The Manchester derby was the biggest game of the season so far, of course I'm going to sodding talk about it. Everybody is. Still, a quick search of "Cuchulainn" using the word "Liverpool" proves you can dish it out but you just can't take it. My personal favourite was when your entire day was made by a draw.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Stop trolling each other and focus on football, ya pair of WUM's.

Also, behave yourself. There is no more evidence that Evra is a sack of bollocks than there is evidence that Suarez is a racist.

Articles

No Ashley Cole just made a statement to the FA saying that he is so there.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

When Ashley Cole says something, it is evidence to the contrary. And you know it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    PS: Everton are the poorest club in the Premiership.
    Holy tit, they must be pretty damn poor to have overtaken the Swans.

EDIT: SHOCKINGLY UNSURPRISING NEWS STORY OF THE WEEK: PFA disagrees with Tevez's fine of four weeks wages and halves it to two. Well, it was the equivalent of hoping UNISON would take it on the chin if the nation's dinner ladies were to get sacked.
    Last edited by Old Manus; 10-27-2011 at 11:33 PM.

there was a picture here

Articles

Remember when Arsenal were trout? Those were the days, eh?

Blog Entries

Before I forget:

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Is that how the actual Nazi salute goes? I don't even know. But either way, to suggest he meant it as a genuine Nazi thing is quite funny from the media. Inevitable, but silly. They'll have to teach him a new way to salute the crowd sometime.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

A guy from the Netherlands doing a Nazi salute. As some people have commented, they'll be saying Benayoun is doing one next.

Not to worry Psy, despite recent form our defence isn't exactly looking world-class!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    A guy from the Netherlands doing a Nazi salute. As some people have commented, they'll be saying Benayoun is doing one next.

Not to worry Psy, despite recent form our defence isn't exactly looking world-class!
    There you are! I believe I owe you two months' worth of jibes and bluster about our glorious victory at the Emirates. I've had to make do with the United fans and it's just not the same.

And now, time for a rant on Luis Suarez.

smurf off Paul Scharner you talentless lump of crap. That was in no way a dive. You blocked him off and brought him down in the penalty area. Stop trying to ride the current anti-Suarez wave to mask your own inadequacies. (I am sure Mr. Scharner reads this thread) I think Luis has got better lately. No, really. I think Kenny's had a word. In the Stoke game he could've easily gone down and won a penalty when Woodgate went in on him, but he stayed on his feet and actually took a knock from that. When Scharner brought him down at the weekend, he didn't start screeching at the ref for a penalty but got back to his feet, ready to play again. The problem is that his reputation now proceeds him. Against Norwich he was denied a clear penalty, and now vs WBA we have some rather classless whining from the WBA playing and management staff. I don't expect sympathy for Luis Suarez here, or indeed anywhere, but as a Liverpool fan I am concerned that this cast iron belief that Suarez is a diver when he has seemingly changed his spots is not helpful.

ps: hope he dives to win a last minute penalty vs swansea at the weekend.