View Poll Results: Who will win the league this season?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

8 50.00%
  • Chelsea

3 18.75%
  • Man City

2 12.50%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Liverpool

2 12.50%
  • Swansea

1 6.25%
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9131415161718192021222324252939 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 English Football Season and STEWART DOWNING WHAT ON EARTH Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Your post reminds me of Kenny Dalglish saying "He's not a racist or a diver." I mean, if he said "He's not a racist" then the statement would at least have some credibility. I could point out that Nani changed his spots because he doesn't dive as often as he used to but he's still a diver and everyone knows it. You can't say Nani has changed his spots. You can say he doesn't dive as often as he used to. Two different things! Suarez is no more or less a diver than Nani is, and has not changed his ways for the better any more than Nani has. Not diving a few times just to dive later on? Diver! Runs at incredible speed and jumps over sliding two footed tackles? Diver! Footballer? Diver!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Your post reminds me of Kenny Dalglish
    No higher compliment to give.

COURSE it is not the 'Nazi' Salute he's doing (even though the German's borrowed it off Italian Fascists who stole it off a BELIEVED greeting from Ancient Rome so really it's not actually a Nazi Salute anyway so eveeryone needs to chill), however it's eternal fun to say it is to annoy Arsenal fans & Dutch people......and Nazis.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Pauw's thread in GC about steve and pigs and donkeys and all that has made me think about our footballing heroes who are or can be named after animals. I think we should all endevour to try and put together a team of players with their animal nicknames, it will be a true world beater. We can even argue about formations and subs and all of that good stuff! Let me start off with a few I can think of.

Obvious choice #1:

THE WHALE a.k.a Emile Heskey

#2:

The Goat a.k.a Shaun Goater. Feed the goat, he will score!

#3:

The Donkey a.k.a Martin Keown. Could also be Tony Adams.

And so on. So far with already have an invincible front pair of Heskey and Goater, and a defender in Keown. Full backs and a midfield would be nice. Get to thinking, let's create our glorious Animal Kingdom FC.

edit: I should point out they don't have to be existing nicknames to qualify. Anyone you can think of who fits an animal nickname works as well, like THE WHALE for Heskey.
    Last edited by DK; 11-01-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Articles

The Sloth

The Rabbit

Blog Entries

Well, that was the best goalless draw I've seen in a long time. Nathan Dyer is a smurfing football wizard, I can't see us keeping him after this season. Michel Vorm once again proved he's single handedly keeping us in the division. Frantic stuff in the last five minutes, but Sian Massey gets troll of the match for disallowing that goal right in front of the Liverpool fans. Haha, that was glorious.

Will Psychotic disappear until next week? WILL HE?

there was a picture here

Articles

Was indeed a good game. I demand Michael Vorm be dissected to prove that he is a machine or a demon or something because he is not human. The LFC players were just a pile of scrote today. Did not give any kind of a smurf. And even Luis fell off the wagon by the end of the game. We're going to come 7th!

Also yes I am going to quit the thread until the Jan transfer window now. I can't believe we lost to both Swansea and United in recent weeks. I think I used up all my football thread gloating points on the Arsenal game.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Well that's Ireland qualified for Euro 2012 then.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

But did they wear poppies though? They are undoubtedly criminal filth and the lowest form of life if they didn't. The Daily Mail and the Sun both say so, and when have those high quality newspaper establishments ever been wrong?

England unofficial world champions! It was the poppies wot won it.

Awful news about Gary Speed

Articles

Truly a sad day for football. Gary Speed was one of those players who had been around forever, no fanfare or anything, just quietly and efficiently getting on with his job. A real shame.

In less serious news, god damnit! Why is it that every single game at Anfield the opposition keeper has pulled a smurfing ridiculous blinder of a game? De Gea, Ruddy, Vorm and now Hart. IT IS NOT ON I could have total domination of the football thread if it wasn't for this! Lucas is some smurfing player though, I tell you. And I can't complain too much about giving City the biggest domestic battering they've had this season, 'cause even if we didn't win we were still all over them. Also fao: Super Mario: NEVER CHANGE. Such a psychopath, I love him. Why always him?

Blog Entries

Really put a downer on today's game, especially as the news came out literally around half an hour before kick off. It really hit home with the people of Wales, especially as we're so optimistic about the future what with the national team finally getting into some kind of threatening form (I've surely posted about it a few times). It really is gutting. I remember watching him play for Wales/Leeds when I was growing up and the pride that the nation had in him was phenomenal. Top marks to the Swans fans for turning the minute's silence into a spontaneous minute's applause and chorus of 'There's only one Gary Speed', his value to fans of football in south Wales was worth more than most. I don't even really want to watch MoTD today.

EDIT: Also maximum respect to Shay Given, he played on despite clearly being so distressed before kickoff that he had to take a minute on the sidelines. All while scumbags like Carlos Tevez won't get off the bench for 250 grand a week.
    Last edited by Old Manus; 11-27-2011 at 07:50 PM.

there was a picture here

He had just been on Football Focus too and seemed totally normal, to think what was going on in his head
    I was in total shock when my friend told me this morning, seemed such a nice guy and Wales were doing so well under him. I'm totally gutted.

In other news, thank you for holding City to a draw. It'll mean a lot when we lift that 20th title.

Articles

You're welcome. It's a good thing you closed the gap by managing to win your game against Newc...oh. Oh.