View Poll Results: Who will win the league this season?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

8 50.00%
  • Chelsea

3 18.75%
  • Man City

2 12.50%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Liverpool

2 12.50%
  • Swansea

1 6.25%
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 717212223242526272829303132333747 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 English Football Season and STEWART DOWNING WHAT ON EARTH Thread

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Bravo English media you've done it again. One of the best managers in the world has been ousted and we're going to get a lump faced barrow boy for our manager. A rousing success.
    And they've caused me to agree with something you say - the swines! The press can congratulate themselves on hounding out yet another manager - we can look forward to smugness all roundfrom them until the next tournament flop. But what matters of course is that the manager is ENGLISH, eh.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I wonder if the media would tolerate Mourinho as England manager. He'd be the only one who they'd even remotely consider. Please. Oh god.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

When was the last time an English manager won the top league in the country? Or any high rated country for that matter? I have no idea what this fascination with having an English Manager running England, especially when they're all mediocre. Hell going by the premier league winners we want a Scot in charge. Who's free?

Say whatever the smurf you want, I'd take him over 'Arry. Can you imagine what's going to happen at the Euro's if he's in charge?

"Ah Meester Redknapp, England eh, I am fan, you know, telewision show, del boy, rodney yes? ha, ha!"

"no no fack off i'm not a wheeler dealer i'm not a trotter fack off"

he is a disgrace god damn it. you know what smurf it BIG SAM FOR ENGLAND

Articles

He was capable of winning the league you know.

O'Neill is good but is just starting at Sunderland now, and would probably have been too sensible to take the job anyway.

Last English manager to win the title over here was Howard Wilkinson in 1992.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

On a serious note, Stuart Pearce. I know what your initial reaction will probably be but hear me out:

- He's been the U21 manager for years now. Taken the team to the semis and the finals of the last two U21 International comps, so he will know the international format better than any other English manager out there at the moment and has some kind of track record at least.
    - Following on from that, it's pretty widely accepted that the England team is full of crinkly old decrepit useless farts who need to get the boot. Who else knows the next breed better than Pearce? Will be able to blood the young guys in much better than anyone else out there.
    - As I said is English, and more importantly was an iconic England player. At the very least the media would probably swing on his nuts until the tournament is done.
    - If anyone is going to be able to deal with big ego having football ponces as well as or better than Capello it's going to be Pearce. His nickname is Psycho for smurfs sake. Who is going to intimidate him? Would slap fat Wayne in his face and then backhand his grandma for a laugh probably.

Rather Psycho than most the other turds out there, imho.

Blog Entries

Stuart Pearce is the logical choice but he's running the Olympic team. Bet he feels like the kid who spent all his money on Pokemon cards only to find that Pogs were back in fashion the next day. It's Harry faahkiin Redknapp time!

All together now!

Stick a pony in me pocket - *shot*

there was a picture here

I'm gutted Capello has gone, I thought he was a great manager.

I honestly don't know why everyone is raving for an English manager too, they're all crap. I thought that was the reason that after the awful performance from Mclaren we got in a Johnny Foreigner....who did a great job too. No one seems to mention the fact that the last English manager was so crap either.
    I just hope whoever the next manager is continues to do what Fabio was starting to do and get out all those old farts who keep hooking up with prostitutes and each others wives and bring in some of the young guys (who are looking pretty decent).

I just hope to god it isn't Redknapp, bring on Stuart Pearce any day.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Could always bring back Sven, he at least got you lot through to the knockout stages every time, didn't he? I forget.

Pearce or Redknapp would do the job well enough, I reckon. Redknapp would for me be the best bet, if only because he's all buddy-buddy with so much of the media that he'll be better suited to handle the English press, which for me seems to be the primary job of the England manager.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

It doesn't matter how buddy-buddy you are with the press though, if you're England manager they'll turn on you in the end.

Blog Entries

There are whispers about Brendan Rodgers taking being poached by Spurs should Redknapp get the England job. Even though he just signed a new contract, I feel that this could be game over for the Swans if it happens

there was a picture here

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    There are whispers about Brendan Rodgers taking being poached by Spurs should Redknapp get the England job. Even though he just signed a new contract, I feel that this could be game over for the Swans if it happens

There's going to be a lot of managerial horse-trading this summer it seems.

Articles

Luis Suarez you smurfing idiot why didn't you shake the man's hand. I think Luis has to go in the Summer. We can't carry on like this.

Still, this was pretty genius. Knowing Evra is going to try to kill him he shoves Rio Ferdinand in the way instead and it is one of the funniest things I have seen in football:

Rio would've fit in well with Kuyt, Spearing, Adam, Suarez etc. in our team of ugly smurfers before he took that faceplant. He could be our star player now!

edit: boooo! we were trout and deserved to lose so fair play to evra for that comedy trolling at the end too, I think he won the troll war.